Author Thread: Shocking chat room conversation
Admin

Shocking chat room conversation
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 04:30 AM

I'm not sure which is the correction section to post but here goes.

I was in the chat room earlier when one of the people in the room started talking about the quran and then said it is the inspired word of God.

Some of her comments:

The quran is holy too, it was inpired by God, as the Christian Bible.

Every holy book was inpired by God, God is one.

There are many truths, many faiths, many baptisms, we're all sons of God, Christians, Muslims, Jews and much more.

hare ram, hare krishna, hare baba

This wasn't someone that comes into a chatroom and says something controversial looking to start an argument but one of the most active and popular people in the room. What was shocking was that no one else said anything about this.

When I questioned them about this, I was bombarded by the other people in the room with comments such as "What do you want us to do about it?", "The Bible says not to argue, debate, etc" and how I should "let my light shine" whilst they supported this person telling her how much they loved her, etc.

I'm not sure if I have a question or am making an observation... but I'd like to hear other's views on it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2010 10:04 AM

Crazy

jujumac86

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Apr, 2010 04:59 PM

Hi jayjay,

I understand your initial reaction and I applaud you for at least thinking about this enough to ask your fellow community.

A Christian chat room really isn't the place to say that Jesus Christ isn't the savior of the world (and yes, believing that any and every religion will send you to heaven is EQUIVALENT to that statement). I don't see why that member would choose that setting to say what they did.

However, I do agree that these issues need to be taken with grace. I can understand members' concern for turning the chatroom into a hotbed of controversy that eventually degenerates into hurt feelings and irrational insults. So for the sake of the chatroom, I would avoid argument.

But Biblically, we're not supposed to debate? Give me a break. Jesus flipped over tables when the temple was turned into a marketplace, Paul said if a brother/sister in Christ (one who testifies that they ARE, indeed, Christian) continues to sin and doesn't listen to anybody then the church should no longer fellowship with them as a brother/sister in Christ. Elijah has a showdown with the prophets of Baal and then kills them all afterwards. How does the theme of NEVER debating or even sharing the truth of our faith reflect the context or outcome of these stories? This isn't somebody on the street, this is a registered member of a CHRISTIAN site.

Maybe you could converse with them via a private message and ask them about what they meant? That would be the best advice I can give.

Take care

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2010 08:55 PM

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Page : 1 2 3