Author Thread: Shocking chat room conversation
Admin

Shocking chat room conversation
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 04:30 AM

I'm not sure which is the correction section to post but here goes.

I was in the chat room earlier when one of the people in the room started talking about the quran and then said it is the inspired word of God.

Some of her comments:

The quran is holy too, it was inpired by God, as the Christian Bible.

Every holy book was inpired by God, God is one.

There are many truths, many faiths, many baptisms, we're all sons of God, Christians, Muslims, Jews and much more.

hare ram, hare krishna, hare baba

This wasn't someone that comes into a chatroom and says something controversial looking to start an argument but one of the most active and popular people in the room. What was shocking was that no one else said anything about this.

When I questioned them about this, I was bombarded by the other people in the room with comments such as "What do you want us to do about it?", "The Bible says not to argue, debate, etc" and how I should "let my light shine" whilst they supported this person telling her how much they loved her, etc.

I'm not sure if I have a question or am making an observation... but I'd like to hear other's views on it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2010 01:08 PM

i appreciate all the correction. i believe that the bible was inspired by God. i was pointing out different things that may or may not have happened as i find that the same way the jews asked for a king to rule over them is the same way human beings are today. we want one consolidated truth. i admit that God has showed me over and over that the bible is his truth and i have not denied this. again i appreciate the corrections, i am not quick to believe humans beings and judge their motives. i let time and truth sort things out. my father taught me alot about the bible and has very sounds lesson that he has passed to me. many of them God has tried in me, through the fire. and only the truth remains.

i absolutely hate when a christian are poised to 'brow beat' someone of another religion. i hate it with a passion. i truly believe that we sometimes are God's own enemy with the segregation that we engrain in our doctrine. ghandi said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians, your Christians are so unlike your Christ." i believe because he was in the process of converting to christianity and but was detered by christians.

so statements like "report them to CDFF" sounds very high school to me. i thoroughly understand the polygamist, but something like (i would say) trying the Quran ... is plain IGNORANCE.

everyone i searching for truth, and if the gosel is to be spread to the four corners of the world, wouldn't it be nice to understand where you are going to? wouldn't it be nice not to encourage such strong feelings of distrust in christians? insetead of throwing scripture at them and telling them it is the truth?

anyway, that was my little rant, thanks again for the correction i can see that it was done in love. i hope the point that i was trying to bring across was not lost in your attempts to take the mote out of my eye.

nyanda :purpleangel:

p.s my point was God is everywhere and in everything. not withstanding that 'our adversary' is also. but God himself showed me that he is always working and goes places we think we are to holy to go.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2010 01:39 PM

I have read The Quran (I have it in my library).

There are many "good sayings" in it, but Mohamad was not Inspired by God to write what he wrote just as John Smith was not and so on. I have also read the writings of L. Ron Hubbard (Scientology). His philosophy is very good but the underlying premesis is ...way...way...out there!

David in The Bible talked about many paths in the dessert. All of them would get him home, but only one got him there "directly". The Pope acknowledged that there are also many ways to Heaven (each having a "narrowr" path) and that Muslim...Jew...etc were not condemned to hell because of their beliefs. He spoke of Christianity and the "defects" in many of their beliefs. We believe that Salvation starts inside The Church, but can also occur "outside" Her walls. That is up to God and His Infinite Wisdom and Mercy. I am a Catholic only because She has The Sacraments (Body and Blood of Chjrist et al). So...I do not condemn any other Religion ( I do condemn those that Murder in it's name).

When I point out error...I do so with as much Love as I can (I do not always accomplish this...sorry).

Blessings

Steve

PS The Truth should be verifiable!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2010 02:37 PM

@ Steve, "truth should be verifiable" hehe another reason why we fellowship. like iron sharpeneth iron [prov 27:17].

i have said this before and i will say it again. i really appreciate the fellowship on this site :buddies: (that's root beer folks) :laugh:

nyanda :purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2010 07:41 PM

nyanda, I agree with you. (I also hope that you didn't take my comments as a correction.)

One of the things I despise is the way so many Christians "go off" on those with different religious beliefs. They forget that the unbelievers are as convinced of their religion as they are. In my experience I have been beaten by Muslims for my faith and defending Israel and the Jews and I found that I could deal with that much better than I could with the abuses I have received by self declared crusaders for Christ. While I do think it is right for Christians to stand up for their faith I don't agree that they should feel that reaching out to the lost means attacking their beliefs.

When I was living in Nashville there was a preacher that came to town from Kansas and stood on the street with his groupies and their banners and signs saying things like "God hates homosexuals" and "God hates abortionists" and other signs stating the people God hates. He preached a gospel full of hatred, hell and damnation. You can imagine how disappointed I was that there weren't any unusual lightning strikes!

I will also say this about the chat rooms. There is a lot of ministry that goes on there and people pray for each other there too. I have found that, like the forums, you need to spend time there and get to know the people that frequent the chat rooms. There are some great ministers there who are ready to help anyone they can. Sometimes we get into the room in the middle of a conversation and don't know what is going on. I would encourage anyone that visits the chat rooms to take your time to get to know the people there. Ask questions of those who are saying things you find controversial. Remember this is a place for peaceful conversations and friendship and there are many opportunities to share your faith in the chat rooms. We don't have to condone wrongful behavior but we can't overcome evil without first extending love and compassion.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 11:13 PM

I agree

I also would like to apologise if any or my previous comments seemed to be condeming in any kind of way. I meant there should be correction as to the word of god, some people have distorted the word and biblical events and teach this to other to confuse them, i am totally against that. But I am not codeming any person in any other religion ( well most any, some just need to be condemed). The bible says judge not les you be judged so i apologise if i sounded judgemetal.

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2010 05:37 AM

I very much agree with TAG�s post.

To Jayjay I would like to say, that the chatboxes, even on this site, are very fun- small- talk- minded. There is nothing wrong with that but I feel it is probably not the right place to get a serious discussion started about the muslims and if their religion and scriptures are "holy" and "godly inspired" or not.

Maybe you could invite that person to bring his or her views on this part of the site?

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2010 02:06 AM

Jayjay, I do believe that this website is only for thosee who really beleive that Jesus is the Son of God, that Jesus is the only one who can save our souls, and that Jesus is also God which is so hard to accept by the muslims and even some God chosen people ( the Jews).

The bible says the Anti christ are thsoe who do not believe that Jesus is the son of God and the Messiah. I dont wonder why Muslims do nto know how to love their enemies coz they dont even beleive that the bible is truly the words of God, that is why they do not know God's love. and the bible says "if anyone says he knows God but hate his fellowmen he is a liar for thsoe who know the true God knows how to love even their enemies. As Jesus said: Love your enemies and pray for thsoew ho persecute you . Love your enemies and do good to them . Religion is a man's way to reach God but God;s way to reach man is thru his Son Jesus who became flesh just to die for all our sins so that we will ahve eternal life. for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God .

To me the Bible is the true words of God for it has power to change may lives of sinners.

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2010 02:20 AM

I agree with you kingdom. How will they know the truth if nobody wont tell them. It is a chance to show them that true christians really have Love of the Lord . Let christian shines using the words of God which is the best weapon to let them know the truth . For God's words has power . They (unbelievers ) will believe not by might nor by power but by the Spirit.

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2010 02:20 AM

I agree with you kingdom. How will they know the truth if nobody wont tell them. It is a chance to show them that true christians really have Love of the Lord . Let christian shines using the words of God which is the best weapon to let them know the truth . For God's words has power . They (unbelievers ) will believe not by might nor by power but by the Spirit.

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2010 02:24 AM

I agree with you Thunder. Religion never died for all our sins , it is Jesus who died for all our sins so WE MUST EMBRACE JESUS AND NOT RELIGION . Religion is a man's way to reach God but God;s way to reach man is thru his Son Jesus who became man ( left HIS throne in heaven) jsut for all of us to be saved by his death and resurrection.

Page : 1 2 3