Author Thread: Shocking chat room conversation
Admin

Shocking chat room conversation
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 04:30 AM

I'm not sure which is the correction section to post but here goes.

I was in the chat room earlier when one of the people in the room started talking about the quran and then said it is the inspired word of God.

Some of her comments:

The quran is holy too, it was inpired by God, as the Christian Bible.

Every holy book was inpired by God, God is one.

There are many truths, many faiths, many baptisms, we're all sons of God, Christians, Muslims, Jews and much more.

hare ram, hare krishna, hare baba

This wasn't someone that comes into a chatroom and says something controversial looking to start an argument but one of the most active and popular people in the room. What was shocking was that no one else said anything about this.

When I questioned them about this, I was bombarded by the other people in the room with comments such as "What do you want us to do about it?", "The Bible says not to argue, debate, etc" and how I should "let my light shine" whilst they supported this person telling her how much they loved her, etc.

I'm not sure if I have a question or am making an observation... but I'd like to hear other's views on it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 07:24 AM

the bible is a compilation of scrolls that were found in caves, that were unearthed etc. king james put the books together, some say it was to de-empower people and remain in power. i really do not know. those scrolls were bound into one book and called The Holy Bible. it is the story of the jews basically...their history and geneology. there are many 'controversial' books that were left out by the powers that be for what ever reason they have chosen.

it is not far fetched for me to believe that God would have spoken to other people in a way that they would have understood.

do you really believe that God only spoke to the jews in those times? the God i know calls to us continually, ALL of us.

i do believe that those books which were written and compiled were inspired by God. but i do not believe that God only spoke to the jews. i find it hard to believe that with so many people that were on the earth at that time, that there were not more enochs' who just needed to be at the foot of God.

i do not care how many idols the hinuds worship, i do not care about the laws of the muslims, its the same with the jews. they had the moasic law and they worshiped baal. God's word is given and it is corrupted.

and on another thought, do you remamber cain and abel? abel died, but where did cain go? the bible said that God put a mark on cain... ever wonder why indians wear a big mark on their forhead?

disclaimer; all this is speculation on my part. not preaching just giving you my point of view.

nyanda

p.s GET KNOWLEDGE, GET UNDERSTANDING, GET WISDOM. its is to be desired more than rubies, and all the precious jewels.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 10:55 AM

Jayjay, I would say turn them in to CDFF. We recently had a couple who were polygamists and they were looking for another wife here on this site AND they were "christian" they were turned in and CDFF deleted their profile.

yes, we have to love everyone and from what I've seen, everyone on here does get loved...

but this site is for bible believing, like minded christians.

I would think other religions have their own sites as well.

Blessings,

Riveroflife

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 11:48 AM

Friend even though the Koran is a misguided book that teaches that ishmael is the son of promise and Isaac is not .do not react in shock.The christian bible our word is true.What is said of this?You must pay for the cause of christ and being called a liar is one of them from Muslims. You must suffer many things for the cause.Dealing with misguided people and false prophets is nothing new.

If you deny christ he will deny you. Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 12:47 PM

Nyanda,

you wrote

"the bible is a compilation of scrolls that were found in caves"

That is not true. You are probably thinking of the Dead Sea Scrolls. They were scrolls found in a cave (which by the way verified most of The Bible.

The Bible is composed of many books and letters written over a period of 100's of years. These books and letters were truly Inspired by God (if you want proof...email me and I'll show you proof).

you also wrote

"king james put the books together"

That also is not true. King James put together his own version of The Bible with his own translators for his own purposes. The original Bible has been translated many times.

It was The Catholic Church that put together The New Testament by comparing over 300 books and letters that were being circulated as "Inspired" to what The Church already knew to be The Truth. It also reinstated 8 books that were removed by the Jews in 80 AD.

All this is verifiable by reading Church History.

If you read The Bible...you will realize that God does not lie and that He tells us that Scripture is His Only Written Revelation to us. Now...that does not mean that God's adversary could not claim to be God and confuse the human race by claiming that what he says is God's Word.

You will find quite a few people claiming to be "God's Prophet" and what they say sounds alfully good...yet if you believe them...you will be led astray and away from The One True God.

Yes...search for Truth and you will find it. Read The Bible...read Church History. Which is the oldest? Which has endured? All of mankind is God's Children.

Do not be deceived by smiles and soft words. Question all...test all.

Peace Be With You

Steve

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 12:59 PM

Steve, good points! I will also add that while much of the old testament may have been rules and regulations for the Jewish people...starting in the old testament and all throughout the new testament are ideas and concept that pertain to a much wider and broader group than simply the Jews...Even looking at the new testament church and how they reached out to the gentiles (non-jews) is a great example of this.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 04:49 PM

"It was The Catholic Church that put together The New Testament by comparing over 300 books and letters that were being circulated as "Inspired" to what The Church already knew to be The Truth. It also reinstated 8 books that were removed by the Jews in 80 AD."

This is not exactly true. The Books referred to as the New Testament were not put together by the "Catholic Church"per se. Unless of course you mean by the universal body of churches at the time. Even the council of Hippo can't exactly be called Catholic in the sense of which we refer the Roman Catholic Church of today. The Church of Alexandria Egypt had the same New Testament Books even before the Council of Hippo.Just as there were branches of denominations or churches today, so it was SIMILARLY in the 4th century AD.

The comment about "the Jews" removing 8 books in 80 AD seems more offbeat.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 05:40 PM

"From the Mind of God to the Mind of Man" is a really good book about how we got our Bible. It is pretty easy to read, but very detailed. This book goes through how the Bible was canonized, why some churches include the apocrypha while others don't, and ways we can know just how accurate our current Bibles are compared to the ancient manuscripts that have been found. It covers different translations and paraphrases too. I've read through it a couple times, and highly recommend it to anyone interested in that topic.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 07:13 PM

I think the issue is deeper than whether or not the Boble is the only Holy and inspired Word of God. The Bible is not a book that lays down religious dogma as many other books, including the Koan. What makes the Bible different is that it is about the plan of God for His creation. No other religious book explains the nature of man, his fall, his unwillingness to obey the commands of God, his need for redemption so that he can be obedient, the manner in which a plan of redemption was made, the actual carrying out of the plan of redemption for mankind, the coming of God as a man to deliver redemption, the power given to thioe who believe and receives the redemption offered to them and the future for those who obey or disobey the Gospel of redemption and the manner in which believers will spend eternity because they are the redeemed. Man is described as a reflection of God and is given attributes that are also of God but God is never given the attributes of man as every other religion does. The Bible tells us that only God is to be worshiped and there are no other gods. Other religions do not share this teaching. There's much more but I will stop.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 07:17 PM

Bible not Boble!! :ROFL:

I forgot to add that I have seen the same thing in the live chat rooms and I would rather participate in the forums. There is a whole different community here.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2010 12:00 AM

Excelent post TOG, and also to expand no othe book deals with the correction of the spirit, the soulish realm and the mind separatly.

Also people that post from the aspect of other religons should be corrected as was said earlier this is a christian site. There are some christians that believe in Jesus but do'nt quite fully know the word of god yet. If people are allowed to claim total falsehoods about the god we serve without confrontation then they could decieve others. You can speak to them and still avoid arguement, maybe the truth will wake them up as well.

Page : 1 2 3