Author Thread: is Sabbath really a must for God's people?
Admin

is Sabbath really a must for God's people?
Posted : 1 Apr, 2010 05:42 AM

i do believe that we cannot be saved trough works but it is by the works that we can manifest our gratitude to the grace that God has given to each one of us.

in the same way, keeping the Sabbath does not guarantee my salvation..i am already saved by grace, why should i not keep the Sabbath when HE has saved me already?it's the sign that i accept His redemptive act for me..we just have to be grateful to Him..

haymike

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2010 09:22 PM

Hi, as a former sabbath keeper, here are a few things that may give you a picture of the new covenant Sabbath. Heb 3,and 4 talk about how the Jews kept the day, but did not enter into the rest, because they rejected Christ, He is the new covenant

Sabbath, These chapters talk about Today, and every day Heb3:7 Again He fixes a certain day,Today. For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day. 10, For the one who has entered His rest, has himself also rested from his works, as KGod did from His, therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest. (Jesus) KLCol 2:16, Therefore no one is to act as your judge in reguard to fod or drink, or in respect to a festival or a new moon, or a Sabbath day, 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. Gal 3:17 the law came 430 years after Abraham, and went Until the seed should come(19). The early church kept the first day in houner of the resurection. Christ is the Sabbath, and now the sabbath keeps me Wel if that helps you see why I have changed from keeping Sabbath, to having the Sabbath keep me Hay mike

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2010 03:53 AM

hello..

well, so very sorry for u...why did u leave the faith?

the Today that u mentioned has nothing to do with keeping of the Sabbath..it tells of our hearts not to be hardened if we hear His voice today..

So, do u mean that u keep Sunday today?why?

well, ill be praying for u to return to the faith..

God bless u more abundantly and may He give u wisdom..

Take good care with God's saving grace.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2010 08:29 PM

i didn't see that he said he left the faith. He says he no longer keeps the Sabbath. You don't have to keep the Sabbath in order to be saved, which is what i believe his point was :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2010 09:15 PM

No, he did not say he left the faith or that he doesn't keep the sabbath.He said the ways of keeping the sabbath under the laws of moses were different from the way after jesus death and ressurection. God wants you to keep the sabbath by resting spiritually and spiritually keeping it holy. That doesn't mean that you can't work on the sabbath.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 01:09 AM

well, so sorry for the misinterpretation...my apologies...

Sabbath is rested not only spiritually but also physically..

and i don't say that i keep the Sabbath inorder to be saved.i'm saved already by God's grace that is why i keep the Sabbath...

God says in John.."if u love me keep my commands"..

and keeping the Sabbath is one of His commands..

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 08:46 AM

Viv ~ is Sabbath really a must for God's people?

I believe Yes...We all need rest an time to be with God one on one...Some may agree me an others diffinately will not...You do whats best for you in your relationship with GOD/Jesus/Holy Spirit...Please do not appoligize for your heart felt beliefs...

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 07:32 PM

An Adventist!! I'm not alone!:yay::rocknroll:

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2010 03:14 AM

thank u so much for ur support...it's evident that i am not alone here..actually i am a converted SDA and i want to learn more about the Sabbath...

GBU always...

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2010 03:17 AM

yeah...u r not alone...i've read ur posts about the Law Abolished issue...i appreciate ur great wisdom about it..

God will bless u more abundantly..

MABUHAY!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2010 10:33 PM

Jesus healed a man on the sabbath day.

Mark 3

And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. 2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. 3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth. 4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? To save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other. 6 And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.

he healed a man and then preached in the temple after that. If Jesus did it then it cannot be a sin correct, so u see her that he did it. When human needs must be met it is not a sin to do work on the sabbath.

Page : 1 2 3