Author Thread: is Sabbath really a must for God's people?
Admin

is Sabbath really a must for God's people?
Posted : 1 Apr, 2010 05:42 AM

i do believe that we cannot be saved trough works but it is by the works that we can manifest our gratitude to the grace that God has given to each one of us.

in the same way, keeping the Sabbath does not guarantee my salvation..i am already saved by grace, why should i not keep the Sabbath when HE has saved me already?it's the sign that i accept His redemptive act for me..we just have to be grateful to Him..

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Apr, 2010 08:20 AM

It is not a sin to do good on the sabbath. Helping others and working for your own gain are completely different.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Apr, 2010 10:17 PM

Heb3:7 Again He fixes a certain day,Today. For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day. 10, For the one who has entered His rest, has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His, therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest.

In the Psalms, God equates entering the Promised land with entering His rest. Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:

Psa 95:11 Unto whom I swore in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Also, He says that Zion is His rest. Psa 132:13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

Psa 132:14 This is my rest forever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Psa 132:15 I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.

Psa 132:16 I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.

Psa 132:17 There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed.

Psa 132:18 His enemies will I clothe with shame: but upon himself shall his crown flourish.

I believe the entire exodus story is the story of God's salvation for His people for eternity. He breaks our bondage to sin (Egypt), Baptizes us with the Holy Spirit, (Red Sea) and sanctifies us (the wilderness) to prepare us for the Kingdom of Heaven (The Promised Land)

When we are saved we become His people, citizens of heaven, entered into His rest. If His rest (Sabbath) is eternal there is no more specific day called the Sabbath because we are in His Sabbath (rest) all the time.

Rest is not just about ceasing from our work and spending time with God. Our rest includes having no fear of our enemies, enjoying the blessings of Father and living an anointed and purposeful life on a daily basis.

Shabbatt Shalom

Thunder

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2010 07:53 AM

Hebrews 4

1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

5And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

7Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

What translation did you use, Thunder?

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2010 03:23 PM

AMEN BROTHER!

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2010 05:35 PM

KJV Red Letter Edition Scoffield with a genuine rawhide holster. :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2010 05:35 PM

KJV Red Letter Edition Scoffield with a genuine rawhide holster. :ROFL:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2010 06:59 PM

Weird...cuz what I posted is KJV...and there's a lot of differences in there...

monalee

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2010 07:25 PM

hi... cover to cover God Has Expressed to His People all that He Requires of them...the Sabbath is called a Seal and Sign between God and His People... in Rev satan has his mark and God Has His Seal... after much study and prayer I have no doubt that The Sabbath is the Ark of the last days, that it is The Seal of God, The Sign of our worship of the True and Only God... sunday is not a Commandment, it was not kept by Jesus or the Apostles, there is not one biblical reference for keeping it in place of Gods Seventh Day Sabbath which God Heeds us to ~remember~ in His 4th Commandment... satan is a serpent, father of all lies, he says ~surely God will not care which day you keep~.. God has not left His People in the dark, they hear His Voice and they Keep His Commandments... blessings with all of this

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2010 06:28 AM

oh yeah...i agree to that,AMEN..

dont compare us to the pharisees in Jesus' time...we r not fanatics..

wht did Jesus say to the pharisee? he said it's lawful to do good on sabbaths..but He was not labouring to gain money..did He?

pharisees before were being too judgmental...they were assuming themselves as having no sin or blameless...adventists are different from pharisees..that u should not forget.

God bls u..

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2010 04:13 PM

Is the sabbath really a must for God�s people?

God is very clear about the sabbath. 10 commandments and also the first 5 books of the old testament, it is very clearly stated how important the keeping of the Sabbath is .... to GOD.

Jesus never says anything about not keeping the sabbath. He only does not agree, to refrain from doing good on the sabbath.

Thinking that because we consider ourselves saved, means that we can disobey his laws is something I do not understand.

Why do you ask this?

Page : 1 2 3