Author Thread: What are you reading at present?
aceets

View Profile
History
What are you reading at present?
Posted : 18 May, 2010 11:41 AM

For all of you book lovers at CDFF, what are you reading through at present?

I am currently rereading the Divine Comedy by Dante (Aligator!)

Blessings

Aceets

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2010 07:48 PM

I am currently reading Unsweetined by Jodie Sweetin, Every Woman's Battle by Shannon Ethridge, The Five Love Languages for Singles, Julie & Julia by Julie Powell (although so far I am liking the movie better!), and a few others.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2010 07:06 PM

The New Testament by God

How To Score With Hot Women by Dr. Z (Yes I think it sounds just as funny as you do most likely :laugh:)

House To House: A Soldier's Memoir by SSG David Bellavia (It's his firsthand account of the invasion of Fallujiah)

Everyday Zen by Charlotte Joko Beck

A Collection Of James Harriot's Dog Stories by James Harriot

I also have Shakespeare's Othello and Basic Teachings Of The Great Philosophers by S.E. Frost lined up on the chopping block as well. So far I think every single one of those books are fantastic and would recommend them to anybody. :applause:

springrose10

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2010 07:36 PM

Your Relationship With God by Dr. Gary Smalley

Next up:

Yada Yada House of Hope Series by Neta Jackson

The Potluck Club by Linda Evans Shepherd

Being Christian: Exploring Where You, God and Life Connect by Stephen Arterburn

If all the ladies on the Why come and Why for threads haven't read the Yada Yada Prayer Group Series by Neta Jackson, you WANT TO!!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2010 11:39 PM

@Brandon- If you like Othello than you should read King Lear, as well.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 05:12 PM

Safe People, by Henry Cloud

OceanGypsy

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 May, 2010 10:14 AM

I just finished Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell for the hundredth time. :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2010 08:46 PM

Pens�es by Blaise Pascal :-)

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 09:14 PM

The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker. Don't read this one if you are prone to nightmares or if you are easily scared by psychotic serial killers.

Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot -- This one is making me rethink the whole online dating thing. Perhaps I'll start a thread somewhere on some of the topics in the book. It's amazing. She could have been writing directly to me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 09:24 PM

@pianogal- I haven't read Passion and Purity (thought I skimmed it a bit) even though a friend gave it to me many years ago. I may still be at my parents' house or I may have given it away. Don't remember now... Anyway. I wasn't much interested in the topic of purity at that time (because it just wasn't that relevant to my very single state), but I'd be more interested in it now. I totally think that you should start a topic about the stuff in the book =)

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2010 08:49 PM

I read Passion & Purity last year with one of my mentors and we usually spent two or three weeks on each chapter because there was so much to talk about, but I only remember one chapter. That is one of my favorite "relationship" books.

Page : 1 2 3