Author Thread: What are you reading at present?
aceets

View Profile
History
What are you reading at present?
Posted : 18 May, 2010 11:41 AM

For all of you book lovers at CDFF, what are you reading through at present?

I am currently rereading the Divine Comedy by Dante (Aligator!)

Blessings

Aceets

suzannefarmer^

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2010 07:59 AM

Now I'm reading "Foxes book of Martyrs" for the third time......it really puts 21st century life (for me) in perspective! We got it easy here in the good 'ol U. S. of A.!!! thank you Lord! I won the "birth lottery"!!! I was born in America!

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2010 05:53 AM

I am Reading "When God Writes Your Love Story" By Eric and Leslie Ludy!

It is a very good book and remindes me that even if i'm single i can still serve God and somtimes serve him better beacuse of that! It Encourages not dating around until you have found the one! You can use your time while your waiting For God to put that Speacial person in your life to Prepare to be a Godly man or woman! Learn things that will help you in your life with that person, work on personal stuggles that you need to give God control of! It talks about During those days when your Lonely and feel like the singleness is going to bug you to death to write a letter to your future spouse, keep a journal that you can give them later, use your talents to make things for that person! Altogether I really recomend this Book Its great so far and has put a diffrent view on a lot of things for me!!

Happy Reading :yay:

Vanessa

harmsc12

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Aug, 2010 09:38 AM

I am currently reading over my own work to figure out the next plot point.. Also reading a lot of Wikipedia entries for ideas.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2010 08:24 PM

currently reading Culture of Honor by Danny Silk

SilverFire

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2010 08:27 PM

The Complete Works of Lord Byron. Moody stuff. Me like, me like.

beachbunny

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2010 08:59 PM

Since I am a book reviewer I have several irons in the fire.

I am reading A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman

First Love by Michelle Sutton

I just finished Immanuel's Veins by Ted Dekker

NicoleMarieG

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2010 04:35 PM

@Silverfire: Oh man. I love me some Byron. Just dark and moody enough to make me happy.

I am reading...

When You Are Engulfed in Flames

--David Sedaris

Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress: Tales of Growing Up Groovy and Clueless

--Susan Jane Gilman

The Professor and the Madman

--Simon Winchester

It Sucked And Then I Cried: How I Had A Baby, A Meltdown, and A Much Needed Margarita

--Heather B. Armstrong

The Daughters of Juarez: A True Story of Serial Murder South of the Border

--Teresa Rodriguez

Going After Cacciato

--Tim O'Brien

All while simultaneously gearing up for...NATIONAL WRITE A NOVEL IN ONE MONTH! Three cheers for NaNoWriMo.

=]

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 08:57 PM

@ Godsgirl - I LOVE the Ludy books! I just donated "When God Writes Your Love Story" to our church library. They have another book "When Dreams Come True" that gives a fuller acct of how they met and courtship and stuff.

Currently reading: A Rift In Time, by Michael Phillips. Supposed to be an alternate view of end-times as compared to the Left Behind Series. It's OK so far, hasn't really grabbed me (for a fictional novel) but I'm interested to see what this "alternative" view is. Ever since my ladies group did the Beth Moore Daniel study, I've been checking more end-time stuff out.

Page : 1 2 3