Author Thread: Do you think it's ok for couples to live together before marriage?
Admin

Do you think it's ok for couples to live together before marriage?
Posted : 26 May, 2010 09:34 AM

I thinks it's wrong because it encourages premartial sex!:prayingf:

Brandy774

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2010 06:36 PM

I agree with you a 100% Not only that but as parents we are role models for our children. How can we say to not have sex before marriage if we are?

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 01:53 PM

NOOOO!!!!!!!! dont do it, its a short cut to disaster. And its one that the kids will pay for.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 04:46 PM

Besides the obvious premarital sex no no....statistics are strongly against. The chances of a marriage making it when it started in cohabitation are much lower. And if 50% on a first marriage wasn't low enough for you, what if you're on #2 or more?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2010 09:19 AM

No, I don't. Even without sex (and some can manage to do it.. I think. lol), it gives the appearance of evil. We're to avoid that at all costs.

But I do think that there tends to be a double standard. If you look at the statistics, 85-90% of professing Christians are having sex outside of marriage but state that they would not live with the person they are having sex with before marriage. It's not ok to have sex outside of marriage, whether you hide the fact that you are or not.

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2010 07:50 AM

don't do it, it don't work! how do i know, did it, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, lets look at a practical stand point, Men will not work as hard for somthing, they are already getting, ie "all the comforts of home!" (sorry men, it's true!) Second, ladies, why get "bossed around" by some one who has NO legal right to you. There are of course, other good reasons, but you already know about those!

Debby

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2010 07:53 AM

ps. you are to pretty to cheapen yourself! Debby

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2010 11:07 PM

i definitely found out the hard way with that situation, it definitely puts you in a position to compromise your walk with god, and can cause serious repurcussions,later. i wish i could go back and wouldnt have been so anxious to find the right man, so i couldve gotten gods best for me. we arent god so we need to allow him to find mr. or mrs. right in our life. and wait be patience is the key!god bless~:waving: