Author Thread: Having "A Moment"
larynx84

View Profile
History
Having "A Moment"
Posted : 18 Jul, 2008 09:50 PM

What is it about having "A moment" with someone of the opposite sex, that makes it "a moment"?

On a recent visit to a store, I passed by a man. I looked up at him to see if his face was familiar. Then he looked up at me. Then one of those moments happened... The long stare, the quick embarrassing smile, and the oh my gosh this is uncomfortable look away now feeling. I continued my shopping, and found my way to the literature section of the store. Minding my own business, with a nose in a book as usual, I glanced up. There he was again. Our eyes once again interlocked, and too awkward smiles appeared. Then the quick look away. He pretended to continue to shop, and I pretended to read The Idiot's Guide to Jesus.

How can this one eye lock, become so magical? So connecting, yet realistically fake and deceiving?

While holding the book in hand, I pictured myself running after this guy, with my hands flying in the air and screaming- Hey Did we have a moment back there, or was that just me?

Then I lost him, somewhere between the checkout and the book isle.

What does anyone else think of this? Have you ever had "A moment?" Isn't there something about the eye contact that is crucial?

4Ts66

View Profile
History
Having "A Moment"
Posted : 20 Jul, 2008 06:27 PM

As a single (again) I'v had 2 of these "moments" but I've taken th step of actually runnin AWAY. I'v seen them as human chemistry, kind of basic instinct (without th bunnies) & rather un-nerving:-( . Mayb we shud try 2b more lik Joey Tribiani & say "How u doin?"

Listen 2 me; I'm a rabbit caught in th headlights kind o girl so wat do I know. ;-) . . . Does th Bible say 'do wat th idiot says?' or 'do wat th hypocrit says? ' lol

View Profile
History
Having "A Moment"
Posted : 25 Jul, 2008 12:18 PM

This moment you talk about happens to us all. Its romantic.....but unfortunately, the moment can happen between a nice lady and a "married" man.

So....if hes looking embarrassed or uncomfortable, it maybe because his wife is in the next aisle looking for baby diapers.

hee..hee..hee :ROFL:

Peace & Lov e

Seleta

:yay:

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Having "A Moment"
Posted : 1 Sep, 2008 09:17 PM

I think I know what your talking about heh. I had that with another girl but she's 17 and I'm 24. I basically looked away and asking myself what is that heh. *Rub his eye lids* I ignore it though. I mostly follow my mind more than my heart.