Author Thread: You ask for a good man, then u r picky????
geronimo300

View Profile
History
You ask for a good man, then u r picky????
Posted : 22 Jul, 2008 10:08 AM

I find this kind of funny:ROFL: A good man may have left you a message on your page but because he is not tall dark and handsome he's not the one for you. Or he's not rich or well to do he's not the one. You ask for a god fearing man but then you dont even see the God in a man because you look at the outwardly appearence. And you wonder why u cant find a good man. The bible says thst Jesus was a man that wasn't fair to look at but He was the greatest man. Why is this ladies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Nov, 2008 08:34 PM

Kels,

Well its true we, being human have our likes and dislikes in who we might be compatable with and our desires that fall within those guidelines, I think we do sometimes do settle to a degree. And we should to some extent except where spiritually and attraction are concerned. most often, for me its location, location, location. No one can re-locate! Kels I would have wrote to ya direct but because of your age limits I couldn`t. I think your an attractive woman outside and a really nice person on the inside from what I read about you in your posts GBU.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 12:45 PM

i agree with Krise. It doesn't pay to be so heavenly minded that we can't live with the person on earth...there has to be some compatibility for it to work.

Just because a person is a Christian doesn't mean you're compatible or in the same "league." It just means you're both saved. And Christians divorce rate is just as high as non-christians. My ex was in "God's league" but we were not compatible. So keep in real, we all know what wer'e attracted to on all levels, and if just being a Christian was the only criteria then we might as well have CDFF to roll the dice on the numbers here and shut the system down.

gastonlv

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2009 05:02 PM

Haha...well said, brother! You know a good test is how long someone wants to stay on subject with Christ.

I've found some women are really excited and then after a few conversations it's all about what you can offer. Not all, but I'd say most. It's just plain crazy.

Godliness with content is great gain! 1 Tim 6:something

gastonlv

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2009 05:17 PM

Wow Krise,

I hate to imagine what kind of stuff you are coaching people with. God is no respecter of persons...

Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought...

Consider others better than yourselves...

... and many more

We all have different gifts and are on different levels spiritually. But in Christ we are all the same. God joins the two and I've seen him bring together people that I'm sure your way of thinking would never approve of. Our church janitor is married to a successful doctor in town.

I just don't see where in scripture you can support your "worldy" view that separates and classifies people. Apartheid, cast systems and racism come to mind.

shakin' my head at your comment.

vitalunion

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2009 02:24 PM

Hi Geronimo!

The true reality is that we live in a fallen world, and but for the sacrifice of Christ we are under the curses that Adam and Eve brought upon us at that initial fall.

Those curses made men seek the sweat of their brow, (work, respect, & achievement), as the source of their identity; and women sought their desires in their husbands, (protection, support, love, and covering).

So if we live influenced by the world, the flesh, and the devil; we will continually seek our desires and identities in those cursed directions. However, if we accept the provision of Christ to fulfill those crucial needs... ...then we are FREE TO LOVE beyond all boundaries, all preferences, all influences, and all abuses!!!

This is true unconditional love, and can only come vertically from the Father so that we can then give it horizontally to whomever the Lord brings across our path. Our prayer for a helpmate should always be: Whom would you have me be with Father? Essentially if we surrender our will, to our right, to our self... then He will arrange everything perfectly for our good, and give us the DESIRES...of our heart. HIS desires for what is the best, and not just what we think is good, or what we might want. That is why Jesus' prayers were always answered...He only ever asked for the desires in His heart that His Father placed there. This is the greatest solution for having a holy union that is mutually submissive and relational. What supernatural power could come from this kind of partnership!!!!

Ok...I'm getting off the soap-box now God bless you all!

In His Grip,

lionelo

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 11:52 PM

Hi,

I read this stuff and agree with a different term for

"leauge". It's called attracted to. I think that motivator

was just beating around the bush a little. Everyone has

a different 'type' they are attracted to. Even Moses had

a pick of many sisters offered by their father. Moses

chose the youngest sister which was contrary to Jewish

tradition of picking the oldest one first. His decision, his

'type', his attraction. In God's word (Genisis) ! So, I guess

some people are allowed " to be picky " Nuff said?

Lionelo 8-22-09

Rosemarie00

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2009 08:47 PM

Amen, I have had the same experience with men, they first start talking about God and sound all spiritual, and cannot seem to stay talking about Jesus and God's will.

I was told by a man that I was not interested in marriage or wanting to be with a man.

All I told him in love is that I want to be treated with respect as a God's daughter, and that I want God's will for me and the man of God, God puts me with.

He told me the this is a dating site not church. Are we not the church, and any two or three gathered in his name he is in the midst.

Anyway I was a little hurt because so I thought we were well on the way as becoming friends. It was like he grew tired of talking about the things of God.

I agree there must be an attraction but we must also have selfcontrol and pray for discernment, is it love of Jesus or lust for the the one you are attracted to.

Where is the scripture about where it says we are to have the mind of Christ, to be like minded and to love the Lord Jesus.

Anyway it seems that you can get as much opposition in the Christian world when you talk about Jesus as in the world.

Some people say that you are so spiritually minded that you are not down to earth.

I want nothing more than to be in God's will. I did walk out of God's will once, the sorrow and saddness that comes over you there is no words to explain it, I never want to be in that place ever again.

God bless everyone here

Love you all with the love of God

Rose

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 12:16 AM

Dear Geronimo you are right. This is wrong. I am sorry it has happened. People put things on their profile that they are looking for, yet when they are confronted with what they are looking for, they stream right by it. They are not looking for what they say they are looking for. You can meet everyone of their criteria to a tee and be really attractive and the person still pass you by. If they were really looking for what they said they were, they would communicate with you. I think some people put things on here that are palatable and look good for a Christian website, yet that is not what they're looking for. God can change their hearts though and send you the perfect woman. God bless!

tifftash888

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 06:32 AM

Wow.. nicely said,, I totally agree.. Bless you for saying it the way you said it.. !! Amen and Amen.. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 03:10 PM

I will be legally divorced in 4 days. I would be interested in meeting you but I think that "being picky" and truely waiting on GOD" doesn't mix. If you have a relationship with CHRIST then you'll know because your spirit of dissernment will be in FULL SWING!You know...work while you wait???I believe that you can always find something within yourself to work on so when HE sends him, there will be no doubt on neither side.

Page : 1 2 3 4