Author Thread: You ask for a good man, then u r picky????
geronimo300

View Profile
History
You ask for a good man, then u r picky????
Posted : 22 Jul, 2008 10:08 AM

I find this kind of funny:ROFL: A good man may have left you a message on your page but because he is not tall dark and handsome he's not the one for you. Or he's not rich or well to do he's not the one. You ask for a god fearing man but then you dont even see the God in a man because you look at the outwardly appearence. And you wonder why u cant find a good man. The bible says thst Jesus was a man that wasn't fair to look at but He was the greatest man. Why is this ladies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2011 09:24 AM

I think the term 'good man' has more than one interpretation. For some women, a man may be 'good' as long as he is male and pays attention to them. For others, a man should have himself established financially, spiritually and mentally so that he can be prepared for a relationship with a woman and ready to have a family.

What some call picky is subjective. In my experience, I've found that those who call people picky are offended because they chose someone who didn't choose them. I believe that the 'right' person for anyone is going to be attractive to them in some capacity. How can two walk together unless they be agreed??? In the case of relationships, something about you may not be what a woman is looking for. It may not be physical, it may be that spiritually--you don't believe the same way or there may be some personality traits that don't agree with her personality. So finding someone you think is right for you based on whatever criteria you measure with does not necessarily mean that the feelings are mutual. And they don't really have to be.

In a man's search for the 'right' woman, he has to make sure that she feels the same way about him. Just because you are interested in someone and you are a christian, does not mean that you're a shoe in for what she wants. Neither does it mean that it is God's will for you to be together. People have a right to choose a mate. It's not really a big deal if you think someone is picky because they did not choose to be with you, there are plenty of fish in the sea and if it were an easy thing, God would not have told men that he who FINDS a wife, finds a good thing. In other words, a wife isn't just waiting in the wings for you to pick up like a drive thru. You've gotta get out there and search for the one who will love you for who and what you are, be in agreement with you (and you with her) in your relationship with Christ and want similar things for both of your futures. Until then, keep searching. She is out there somewhere and she will be picky enough to pick you and be happy with you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 04:00 PM

If you mean good man according to the placement of the term in our psyci by man, then there are a variety of meanings this would apply to. But if you mean good man according to God's word then you are talking about a man of God for only God is good so if you call a man good you are saying he is from God and does the works of God.

Ron

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2012 11:59 PM

interesting read, old post though...to "book mark" to my page.

akothmikal

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2012 11:22 AM

Hehe! Very interesting post there....

MrGoodLife

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 12:25 PM

"Asking for a good man" IS being picky ALREADY! But what's WRONG with that?? NOTHING! It is any woman's (OR any man's) absolute right and privilege to have the likes and preferences that they HAVE without having to explain or justify them! Liking or disliking another PERSON is also much more complicated than evaluating a list of ATTRIBUTES any individual might possess anyway. But regardless, NOBODY should ever have to defend their personal feelings in this regard!

Page : 1 2 3 4