Author Thread: I don't respect the Military!
chakal

View Profile
History
I don't respect the Military!
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 01:54 PM

sorry, but I don't like the US Military or any other army of the world!

I don't understand why people find being payed to kill other human being something to be proud of or heroic!

And why it's only the poor who send their son to the military? to secure a good job? since you need to be proud of that, have you ever seen a rich man send his son to go to service?!

Are you proud to see children killed in Iraq and Afghanistan? call me unpatriotic, stupid peace activist, dreamer...but I hope one day to tell my children how I made something positive to the world rather than how many people I killed... :angel:

southerngrace09

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2010 04:49 PM

This is by far the most disrespectful thing I've ever seen. Yes I have seen rich people go into the military and not just poor people. I personally am not in the military but it has effected my life in a tremendous way. The sacrifice that people in the military is huge, and it rolls over to every aspect of their lives. Family, relationships and even some times spiritually. If it wasnt for the military our country would be controlled by another and you would NOT have the freedom that we have. Maybe you should go live in a country where there military is weak, and almost non existent and see if that changes your tune alittle bit.

chakal

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2010 09:07 AM

Video tribute to soldier who make our world a better place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q2hjkWBItQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-byU_92NcN8

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2010 10:58 AM

Well, I watched your videos. I see the reporters with cameras, and I can see an RPG and ak-47s. I've always wondered how reporters get pictures/interviews of terrorists and I guess now we know. That the reporters happened to be there is tragic, and what happened to the van was also tragic....but it was not a bunch of civilians out for a walk like Wiki-leaks is trying to imply. That said, in war, bad stuff happens. Luckily for the US military, it's rare and usually accidental. When the death toll from US collateral civilian casualties comes to even a quarter of the casualties inflicted by terrorists and the Hussian Regime, then you can complain about the war. The difference between us and them? They do/did it on purpose, and they won't stop even if there is no war. If the US and their allies suddenly laid down their weapons and surrendered, they would still be killed by terrorists, and the terrorists would continue to kill because of other people's way of life/ideals/religion/race. Sadaam killed hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people just for being in a different ethnic group. So should we just let them do it? I'm guessing that's what you're saying. I'm guessing you're saying that accidental deaths at the hands of a soldier(or even some purposeful ones committed by a bad soldier) are worse than being raped/tortured, killed, and beheaded by a terrorist or in a Sadaam rape-room for being born a different race or believing in a different religion or simply offending a dictator. Nice job, pacifist! The more US soldiers there are, and the more wars we fight to end evil dictatorships and terrorism...the more peaceful this world will be. The deaths caused by war are tragic, but the deaths caused when there is no war are even more so.

:peace::peace:

chakal

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2010 07:22 AM

The more US soldiers there are, and the more US foreighn policy get it's nose in other countries affaires the more people will live in freedom...

but I understand that since you are from US and you have the right to protect your freedom and believe what you are doing to the world is good even when 50% of the world population think you are wrong!

From Hiroshima to Vietnam war, overthrowing democratically elected governement in Argentina and trying to do so by CIA in Venezuela, Cuba and supporting bloody dictatorhiop in Syria and Egypt (ofcourse because they support US!) and...Saudi Arabia is #1 in human right violation! and still you don't fight it because it is your allies and you need its oil!

you only fight Iraq after saddam turned against US interest and now Iran...

so STOP SAYING YOUR FIGHTING FOR DEMOCRACY! your fighting for your INTEREST! and if I was a US citizen I would do the same

Sorry, it is in your interest to protect your nation, but it is our right to fight back agaisnt your greed and making our life worse.so how you want us to respect you?

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2010 10:05 AM

How do we make your life worse?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2010 10:29 PM

So...our soldiers are fighting for oil? Just a couple points about your latest post.

Hiroshima saved lives. What kind of country doesn't surrender after having an entire city wiped out from a nuclear attack? The kind that would fight to the death or commit suicide. I mean....it took TWO atomic bombs to get them to surrender. That war would have gone on for a very long time, and many more Japanese civilians, soldiers, and allied troops would have died. Our allied commanders had wisdom enough to see that at the time. I think the march of history has erased the evidence and sense of gravity/duty that caused them to make those decisions. What would you have done if you were faced with destroying an entire city or an entire country?

And you're not making much sense with the oil thing. First, we fight in Iraq because we want their oil....but we don't fight Saudi Arabia because we want their oil? If it was about oil, we would have attacked and taken over Saudi Arabia, especially since they're supposedly so horrible. I don't hear much about the Saudi government gassing their own citizens with chemical weapons, or Saudi terrorist cells blowing up their own countrymen or people that disagree with them, or even the roving bands of political protesters like there are in Iran. Anyway....whatever the US fights it's wars for....there is no question that wherever we fight, people are better off after we leave. We always give back everything, give them money to rebuild, and forgive their debts. The United States is not perfect by any means. Nobody said it was...but I think it's the best this world has, and the US soldiers do not fight for "greed and oil", and they don't go around blowing up women and children on purpose.

Here's some history.

World War I (1917�1918)

Germany and it's allies try to take over the world. The US tried to remain neutral/passive, but ended up saving the world from evil people killing innocent people.

World War II (1939�1945)

Germany and it's allies try to take over the world. The US tried to remain neutral/passive, but ended up saving the world from evil people killing innocent people again.

**Thankfully, we ended our passive stance after we realized how counter-productive and merciless it was...just to watch people be slaughtered from our safe haven across the sea and then step in only after millions were dead and the enemy had gained so much momentum and power that millions more would die.

Cold War (1945�1991)

The fight against communist powers that were aggressively expanding their power by taking over other countries, through direct involvement or proxy wars.

-Korean War(proxy war)

Fighting against aggressive communist powers heavily supported by the Soviet Union. The US stepped in to help South Korea and fight aggressive communism.

-Vietnam(proxy war)

Fighting against aggressive communist powers heavily supported by the Soviet Union. The US stepped in to help South Vietnam and fight aggressive communism.

The Gulf War

Iraqi invaded Kuwait. UN allies(predominately the US) stepped in to help Kuwait. They pushed the Iraqi army back to Baghdad and withdrew.

War on Terrorism (2001�present)

The US basically declared war on terrorists and anyone that supported or harbored terrorist groups(allies of terrorists). The nations in question were given the opportunity to oust the terrorists from their respective countries themselves.

-Afghanistan

The Afghan government was harboring and directly supporting many major terrorist groups responsible for the September 11 attacks and many other attacks in many countries.

-Iraq

The Hussein government was supporting/harboring terrorism, and killing it's own people. They refused to acknowledge the UN resolutions, and disband their weapons of mass destruction...which they did have. "Nuclear weapons" are not the only "weapons of mass destruction". Saddam had been using chemical "weapons of mass destruction" on his own people for a very long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War_Syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Hassan_al-Majid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Anfal_campaign

So...in all those wars the US government may have had some secret agenda to get "gas", but they also had some pretty legitimate public reasons that were backed up and supported by other countries and the United Nations. So complain all you want, the world is a better place. I don't think you have anything to complain about unless you're being ideologically brainwashed into believing you're somehow superior in your stance of pacifism or whatever you're advocating. Pacifism translates into, "let evil people kill innocent people while I watch", versus my country's motivations, which would be:

(in the worst case) "let's get some gas, but spread freedom and eliminate oppression while we're at it"

(in the best case) "let's spread and defend the principles that made our country great, and protect as many innocent and persecuted people as the world will let us because the world will be more peaceful and less people will die"

And I'm sorry, but either way....those motives are better than pacifism in my opinion. If you want to make a stand and change the world, make a stand to defend people from evil.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2010 01:00 AM

I LOVE THE U.S. AND THE U.S. MILITARY!!!!!

@ chakal........wow. I am just surprised at your lack of knowledge on the subject but yet you seem to have so much angst towards the military (especially) it seems, the U.S. Military. It seems as though you have a very strong opinion which is not backed up by facts or really any overall knowledge in regards to the topic in which you feel so strongly about. Many of your arguments and points are clearly unfoundedI respectfully suggest that before posting such an emotionally charged comment that you~

A. Read some history books

B. Read some more history books....

C. Read the Bible! Read the book of Joshua! Read the Old Testament....there are reasons for war, and if you are a Christian you need to seek the Word of God and what His view is. God is not against war, there are clearly numerous examples of God being in favor of organized battle, and having trained, organized military. Also, as a Christian I am not sure why you are expressing your opinion in such a disrespectful, subjective manner.

D. Research the history of organized military, and U.S. military.

*Not all war is bad*

.....and by the way, the military does NOT consist of uneducated, "poor" people......there are many individuals who comprise the military and all are highly skilled and trained, either before OR after entering the military.

I personally have the utmost RESPECT and SUPPORT for individuals who are willing to literally sacrifice their lives for MY/OUR country. Not only do I adopt soldiers, communicate with them, send (amazing) care packages and pray for them but I encourage and tell the soldiers I adopt how much their sacrifice means to me because I know it is not easy what they do and there are so many people out there who just want to stand on their soapbox and rant and rave and criticize. But yet most Christians, be it told, would not even be willing to sacrifice their life for Christ, let alone their beloved country!

With that said, what comes to my mind is the scripture that speaks of "not casting your pears before swine, or they will turn and trample you"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! WORDS CANNOT EVEN EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE FOR WHAT OUR U.S. MILITARY DOES FOR OUR COUNTRY. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL AND YOU ARE LOVED :nicenurse:

Dragunov

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Aug, 2010 01:35 AM

First of all, i want to say i have the utmost respect for all the men and women in the military. There is no greater heroism than being ready to die for what you believe.

Troops from my country are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan trying to aid the US Army. We do understand the honor of a soldier, as we have experienced the tragedies of war ourselves throughout history.

But....

I can't agree with everything you guys wirte here. You must have some very simple and subjective history books in USA to claim that the Americans have saved the world many times.

The First World War (1914-1918): Great Britiain mobilized almost 9 million troops (almost 1 million died), France mobilized 8 million troops (1,3 million died), Russia mobilized 12 million troops (1,7 million died)... USA mobilized about 4 million troops (126 thousand died). Even Italy managed to mobilize more troops than USA. There are only few things worse than trying to lie about historical facts. The Americans fought bravely and gave their lives and I totally respect that, but it was not them who "saved the world", it was the ENTENTE forces, including USA. America's contribution was not really that big, certainly not crucial.

The Second World War (1939-1945): again i could give you some REAL information about the troops and casualties but thats not the point here. The point is, USA was just a part of the ALLIED forces fighting the Nazi Germany. Dont forget about Russia, Britian etc. Think what would have happened if the Russians hadn't fought the Nazis on the Eastern Front... I do agree that American soldiers fought bravely, just like any other soldier from other countries. They all should be respected equally.

One of you guys here suggested reading some history books. I humbly suggest the same to you.

The Cold War: I'm with you on this one, USA should be given full credit for trying to stop communism from spreading across Europe. However, it was not done for the sake of other nations but as means of self-defense against Soviet Union growing stronger. It was the so-called "balance of power" policy, introduced by Great Britian and continued by the USA after WW2.

Because of my utmost respect for the honor of American and Polish soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan I will refrain from sharing some key facts about the conflict in Iraq. As i said before, giving your life for what you believe is ultimate heroism.

my regards

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Aug, 2010 02:46 PM

Yeah, you're right, it was an allied effort. The US couldn't have done it without the Allies, and the Allies couldn't have done it without the US, but I'm pretty sure the US was the MVP. Yes, I may have been building up the US a little, but I'd say you're downplaying the significance of the same, so fair's fair:laugh:. Anyway, I think all we were trying to point out is that there are "good" soldiers and "good" military. One of my grandfathers was a Polish spitfire pilot for the RAF, survived the battle of Britain and everything, so I'm a little proud of Poland:rocknroll:. And as far as Iraq goes, there is no doubt in my mind that Iraq and the world are better off. Saddam Hussein was an aggressive mini-Hitler.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2010 03:50 PM

You've just run into the so-called "Christian Right" my friend. War hawks. They believe everything their government tells them. I was in the u.s. navy for nearly 7 years. There's a reason they recruit 18 yr olds and not 37 yr olds. Most of the pro-empire building by the u.s. crowd have no idea about the u.s. having full knowledge about Japan's intentions for Pearl Harbour, don't know that Japan tried to surrender BEFORE the bombs were dropped, that the Bush family (yes, that Bush family) had ties to and were funding the Nazi regime (look up Prescott Bush-apples don't fall far from the tree), that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was COMPLETELY fabricated to get us into the Vietnam conflict (as per Robert McNamera-SecDef under Kennedy and Johnson). They don't know the CIA itself said the reason we get attacked and are hated around the world is because we stick our nose in everyone's business (Blowback.) The u.s. has a military presence in 130 of the 170 nations on earth. The founding fathers were opposed to this, yet here we are.

The question for those who just go along w/ the government program of hostilities is this--Who is Constitutionally allowed to declare war? hint: it's not the president. It's Congress. Refer to Article 1, Section 8. Most people in the u.s. have never HEARD of Art 1, Sec 8, let alone READ it. I was the same at one time. We haven't had a legal war since WWII. But americans can't let a little thing like facts get in the way.

So, you're not alone on this. And don't DARE bring up 9/11 btw. We have to pass laws like the Patriot Act to make sure some guy in a cave doesn't take away our freedoms. If you say something smells funny in Denmark regarding 9/11, knowing how the u.s. government has been involved in covert operations to instigate wars, you'll be ostracized to no end.

Truth is a tricky thing. It's either a friend or a foe.

Page : 1 2 3 4