Author Thread: I don't respect the Military!
chakal

View Profile
History
I don't respect the Military!
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 01:54 PM

sorry, but I don't like the US Military or any other army of the world!

I don't understand why people find being payed to kill other human being something to be proud of or heroic!

And why it's only the poor who send their son to the military? to secure a good job? since you need to be proud of that, have you ever seen a rich man send his son to go to service?!

Are you proud to see children killed in Iraq and Afghanistan? call me unpatriotic, stupid peace activist, dreamer...but I hope one day to tell my children how I made something positive to the world rather than how many people I killed... :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2010 05:33 PM

By FAR the most ignorant thing I've ever heard in my life. Grow up.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2010 06:33 PM

You know I was just going to leave it at that until I remembered it's more than just me you disrespect. Our job is to defend and uphold the constitution of the United States of America. You like your freedom of speech and religion? WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS THAT MAKES SURE IT STAYS THAT WAY? Fool. And who said we were proud of killing kids? Fool. Who says we got sent by somebody other than ourselves? Who said we're poor? We come from all backgrounds for all reasons because we CHOSE to. Fool. Honest to goodness you will never find a better cross section of America than any given unit in the Army or any other branch of the military. Sometimes we feel a little foolish when we are sleep deprived, hungry, overheating with 120 degree wind burning our faces, have dysentary for the 12th time, all the while in battle rattle carrying around an M-16 getting yelled at by the people we work with and shot at and mortared by the enemy trying to come up with a way to accomplish the mission while away from home and the people we love EVERY SINGLE DAY. We can accept that nobody cares or understands much about what we do. We can even accept that people don't like or agree with what we are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not even all of us do. But unless you and your children would rather forego your rights to free speech and religion and any other right you conveniently take for granted you owe us respect. I was on honor guard detail for 8 months rendering honors for those who died that have served. I've seen first hand the sacrifices they've made trying to make better lives for themselves and their families. And I've seen how it affects their friends and family. Good people put in difficult circumstances. Sons, daughters, husbands, fathers, single parents, kids fresh out of high school (popular and not so popular) that could've been anything. Forget it you wouldn't understand. Probably the only thing you can understand is that we're all people. The only difference between us and you is we went out and did it because we could, while you hide behind the freedoms we uphold with our lives so that you can do whatever you want while we can't. If you can't respect that then you are indeed a most ignorant fool.

chakal

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2010 06:16 AM

So you can't defend your view without turn it into personal attack?

First of all I'M NOT AMERICAN! and obviously don't care about your constitution or your so called freedom that you seem to like so much more than life of people of other nations.

Second, I'm not criticizing the military as persons as you just OBEY ORDERS, but what you expect to applause you while your country spread your freedom by supporting oppressive regime here and there when it is in it's benefits and kill people when it no longer in your side!

try to understand what politics is about and rather than believing in in patriotic slogans...

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2010 08:36 AM

Oookay so you're Moroccan. Then why WOULD you have any loyalty or appreciation for the U.S. armed forces? :excited: It's like apples and oranges. It's just so irrelevant. Who cares? We don't work for you. I mean jeeze it's not that I expect applause from Moroccans it's just... rofl oh my goodness I couldn't care less :laugh: Really why should anybody?

So walk me through the kid-killing scenario. How do you think that goes down exactly? Who do you think kills more kids coalition forces or insurgents? Who do you think cares more about the lives of those kids us or them?

So now you aren't criticizing the Army as people? Because before that it sounded like you were. Sounds like you're backtracking. What ARE you trying to say Chakal? What is the point you're trying to make here? Here's a dandy little patriotic slogan you should probably start believing in: "Don't talk about what you don't know."

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2010 10:31 AM

AMEN Brandon!!! I thank God everyday for the freedom I have living in the United States!! I have a two brother-in-laws who serve in the Marine Corp. One has been deployed twice to the middle east while the other has yet to go over seas..either way,I"m thankful for not only the sacrifices they make to serve me and my country but also the sacrifices their families make!! Every chance I get I take the time to thank them for their service as well as the service of those they serve with. If someone isn't American and makes comments like those found in this post...I take the mind set of an old Merle Haggard song..."I hear people talking bad about the way we have to live here in this country harpin' on the wars we fight and gripin' 'bout the way things ought to be. I don't mind them switching sides and standing up for things they believe in, when they're running down my country man they're walking on the fighting side. Walking on the fighting side of me.Running down the way of life our fighting men have fought and died to keep. If you don't like, leave it and let this song that I"m singing be a warning..if you're running down my country man you walking on the fighting side of me!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2010 12:08 PM

Brandon, I respect and appreciate what you and other members of the military do. Don't let the lack of understanding by some get you down.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2010 10:52 AM

Thanks guys :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2010 02:45 AM

You don�t have to respect the Military men/women; you need to understand their work first and the respect will come from what they did, do and still doing, if you think they are doing it NOT for your sake then you have to thank them for doing it for your children/grandchildren sake and by doing it I mean (bringing peace to the world and the most important thing FREEDOM); maybe you lived in a liberty country your whole life unlike me that�s why you wont see the deference and you will never see it till you lose it Anyway�

From a true experience that I had in Iraq with them was as follows:

Many of them call their weapons �Blade of Isaac� they hold these weapons because they have to but they pray every single minute not to use it.

Many of them die for what and whom? Leaving beautiful families behind them, why? Just because they had Blade of Isaac in their hands and decided not to use it, they decided to be the crushed BODIES instead of being the body crashers�

Really I can�t sum the Military people in few lines; I had to write this cause your post disgusted me�

I saw them dying for the sake of stinky Iraqis (those Iraqis were just like you) never appreciate what they have done to them� You need to rethink things and pray for them instead of hating them!

I think you are just jealous because you didn�t get the honor to put the boots ON ;)

Oh, sorry you don�t want rude posts?! Then don�t post rude thoughts

GLORY be to GOD, the ONE and ONLY ONE

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2010 12:39 AM

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for standing up for us. If I had seen this post earlier I would have had a word or two for this guy also lol! How un-American! oh wait! he's not American! lol!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Aug, 2010 08:44 AM

Yeah...sorry I missed this. I wonder if this guy would have applauded the US's passive stance toward war before the World Wars? Moroccans would be speaking German. We need the military because there is evil in the world. If all the good guys laid down their guns, the evil guys would take over the world. Pacifism is a great thought, but only if EVERYONE is a pacifist...and that's not going to happen as long as sin exists.

"I won't fight...I'll just watch innocents die at the hands of evil insane people"

I'm sorry, but a lot people seem to forget what happens when you stand aside and just watch insanity like Nazi-Germany. It doesn't stop unless someone stands up...and I've only seen the US stand up when people are being slaughtered. And after we step in, we always give it back and help them rebuild it better. Look at Japan/Germany/South Korea. If we're allowed to win in Iraq and Afghanistan then I bet they will be wealthy/healthy beacons of democracy.

:peace::peace:

Page : 1 2 3 4