Author Thread: Did you consider dating disabeld person?
chakal

View Profile
History
Did you consider dating disabeld person?
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 02:19 PM

I just had this idea one day, thanks to God myself I'm not disabled and in good health, but I think disabled people need love too:hearts:

in my life, I meet few handicapped and they were friendly and sometimes so full of willingness to overcome their life challenge that when I think of my little things in my life I feel that's me the real disabled not them.:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 07:15 PM

I have never given it deep thought. I'm not totally against the idea though I would prefer someone who could walk, work & get around easily. If something happened during our marriage he would have my absolute committment & prayfully it would be vice versa.

chakal

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2010 11:52 AM

mmm, I understand you as all women when asked about the ideal man they all agree at being strong and someone she could feel safe with, and take care of her... which is normal.

I know that most people don't agree with me here (even disabled people ask me why I registered at a dating for disabled site!) but still I feel moved by the suffering in the world... Jesus also came for the weak and the sick and not the kings! and I don't believe in doing charity, but I feel if I can contribute to make someone suffer less I won't think twice for doing it ...even if it is just making someone smile :dancingp:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2010 11:05 AM

Speaking from experience, the disabled among us can be a tremendous blessing. As a friend or a spouse.

It all depends on who God puts in front of you, and the works of His providence.

If your heart is open to it, great things can happen for you both.

We as Christians need to be more like our Lord, and look at the inward person and not just the "tent" we are currently living in.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2010 11:39 PM

Hi there,

Well, I wouldn't define a person by one attribute so disability would neither be a reason to date or not to date a person. The person is the important part of the equation.

So, for me, disability is neither a qualifier nor a disqualifier. If that is the person God plans for me, fabulous. If not....moving right along and maybe we can be friends.

Blessings,

Elisa

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2010 07:29 AM

Well, if it hadn't been for God pretty blatantly telling me not to, I would have tried to date a girl I know who is in a wheel chair. You know how when people lose their sight, their hearing usually gets better? Well I think this girl's personality picked up the slack for her not being able to lose her legs. She's still a close friend though.