Author Thread: Christian music only?
hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 20 Oct, 2010 10:41 AM

I like EVRYTHING in music: from Areosmith to Zydeco!!!

Yes, I like some Christian music too, Carmen, Phill Driscoll, John Tesh.

Some Christian listen only to Gospel, Christian, or Classical.

Input?:rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2010 08:43 PM

I put only Christian music on my iPod. (With the exception of "Sweet Home ALabama") Not because I think only heathens listen to secular music, but because it's what I like. Don't get me wrong. I think when it comes to music, everyone is entitled to their own taste. As for me, I just don't like the lyrics of a lot of secular artists, and that's what I enjoy most of a song.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2010 10:56 PM

There isn't a whole lot of Christian music out there that satisfies my inner music snob. I think it's important to listen to music that doesn't cause you to stumble, but after a while the same couple Christian CDs get old.

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 2 Nov, 2010 03:45 PM

yes, tulip, i totally agree with you! Christian music shoud be even MORE excellent than any other music, but so offen it's just not!

I listen to a lot of classical, also like bluegrass gospel.

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 06:03 PM

I like the Christian Rock, but many times I just want something...harder and the Christian music tends to be softer and more sappy. Which there's nothing wrong with that it just doesn't fit all my moods.

Thatoneguy1983

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 08:41 PM

I grew up listening to classic rock and Metallica. I gave my life to Christ when I was 14 and immediately got rid of all my secular music. DC Talk had just put out "Jesus Freak" and that was just about all I listened to for a few months. Thankfully, I discovered Skillet, P.O.D., Audio Adrenaline, etc. before long and was rockin' out with Jesus pretty soon.

I continued to listen only to Christian music for probably 4 or 5 years. As I've grown in my walk, I have become less legalistic and I broadened my musical collection to include anything that isn't vulgar or degrading.

I think it's one of those things where you have to follow your convictions. If you feel guilty listening to secular music, then don't. If you listen to music that has a negative effect on you--fills your mind with obscenities or keeps you more focused on things of this world than Christ--then you should probably clean out your music library.

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 08:18 PM

My personal motto: What you put in is what you get out.

I always listen to Christian music and find that I can have an awesome worship service in my car in rush hour traffic!

PRAISE JESUS!! ------> :yay:

song0joy

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 11:07 PM

I listen to any style of music, but most of the time, the words really kill it for me. That is why I usually listen to Christian and soundtrack/classical/jazz/instrumental/choral/techno music. But I find that even some of the Christian songs disappoint, in lyrics and in sound. My only thing with music is that it has to be good. I'm a singer, so I have a picky ear.

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 16 Feb, 2011 03:25 AM

I like the song Age to Age by Brooke fraser.

View Profile
History
Christian music only?
Posted : 9 Aug, 2011 11:16 PM

I do the same as song0joy. Honestly, much of the Christian music out there doesn't really appeal to me musically. But lyrically, their influence is superior to what you bring in when you listen to a lot of the junk that's out there...