Author Thread: IMPORTANT..be aware of the different types of scammers
Admin

IMPORTANT..be aware of the different types of scammers
Posted : 25 Nov, 2010 12:49 PM

Here is my story. Just recently I have been a victim of a romance scammer and I am totally hurt from all this. About 5 months ago, in this Christian website , a man in his 50's from Ca.contacted me. His profile sounded good and he said he was catholic. As time went on and all the nice letters I received from , I totally trusted him . I fell head over heels for him and he said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. And we would be so happy together and that he never felt like this in his first marriage, which dissolved after 20 yrs. I felt that God brought us together..But then I started to see some red flags. He called me by 2 different names ,and I asked him about it and he kind of laughed about it..I told him that it wasn't funny. Then he wanted to change the subject. Also he would tell me he was coming to see me. I was thrilled. Well this came up and that came up . Oh yes first of all he had to make a trip to London to find some documents that his parents left for him..ok..Then he had to make a trip to Ghana, where his grandfather left him some family documents , which was to be found in a security co. there. ok I believed him because he had said he found a diary his dad left and showed how much he loved his mother. I'm thinking,wow, how wonderful is that..and he wanted me to read this together someday, sitting at the beach..wow..That he was looking for this kind of special love ..Every letter he wrote was so beautiful , that I just had to print some of them out..This guy was really good at this..But then he started sending me nasty,seductive email..i'm thinking ,is this the same man ..Well then I got in the chat forum and read some sad stories and got into the website ..romancescams.com and found out so much..Pictures of male and female scammers of all types..beware especially the ones dealing with money..and wanting to know your personal information..I lucked out with only a romance scammer..I'm glad God opened up my eyes..

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Nov, 2010 02:03 PM

flower59_IL I am very sorry that you were hurt like that. Who knows what his plans were. It is good that you did not send money. I my self had a very bad experience from a guy on a dating site years ago and thus am very sceptical about people since.

Like any public place there are good people and bad people. Even though I had a bad experience I do believe it can be a good tool in finding a spouse. This is why I am making my own site in the near future. As I am not single I will not be using dating sites personally.

The best advice I can give you and any one else out there is stay with in your area so you can meet them quickly. Find out as much as you can as quickly. Meet there family and friends. Take it slow.

Some people are not scammers as in my case they can be mentally ill and or have some very huge issues. If you rush into marriage before getting to know them properly then it is very easy to not notice the warning signs before it can be too late.

Always realize that if it appears too good to be true then it probably is.

I know this is hurtful but with every hurt and frailer in life there is a lesion to be learned. Use the new found knowledge and your success will be that much sweeter.

A big hug to you and may your heart heal fast.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Nov, 2010 04:35 PM

Dear I live in Canada.

Thank you so much for writing your kind, caring letter to me. It really meant alot to me, in this time of hurt. I never thought this sort of thing could happen, but now I know it can. I have learned alot and God has shown me so much. I can't imagine not being a Christian. Thank you again, my friend. God richly bless you. Kay

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Nov, 2010 12:58 AM

You are so welcome Kay!

May Gods blessings be on you as well.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Nov, 2010 07:45 AM

Kay -- the same thing has happened to me. I am now very good at spotting profiles that have a high chance of being a scammer.

They have 1 picture posted

Their profile text is brief, or it is long and filled with very romantic things...... but they repeat themselves, and or have bad grammar

When they first write to you they will often copy and paste what their profile says

They are very romantic and seem to "fall" for you right away

Within a short time (anywhere from 2 weeks to a month) of knowing you they will have to go overseas "on business"

They will tell you it is a test of "our relationship" and that they will keep in contact with you

On and on and on. Anyway -- you did the right thing. You can also checked out w w w womansavers dot com

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 05:32 PM

To: Flower,it's so sad what happened to you & it's postive that you're still here!! To: Gods'Lamb,be careful with the "one pics part" I'm not the "offended type" but i sadly have no choice but with one pic for now.Professioinal pics kind of expensive in my country.To your point about "bead grammar" as a Caribbean that could be tough on my part! You say "what" we say "wuh" you say "that" we say "dat" & so on.Am i writting good english? that's because i did very well at school & most of the time, i check my spelling to see if i'm correct with a dictionary!:laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 07:15 PM

You are right, Mr Wiseguy. Only one picture and bad grammar are only indications --- NOT proof positive the person is a scammer. I should have clarified that.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 07:40 PM

It's Ok GL,no hard feelings.:glow:

wademach1977

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 11:01 PM

I have had a lot of experience with romance scammers. They play off of your trust and your desire to either fall in love or your desire to care for someone. I have had them ask me to send them money for rent. Even had one ask me to send the money to become us citizen. The big one was one that told me they were a missionary and needed me to help them with their ministry and could not really tell me what that ministry was at the time. It is hard thing to have them do what they do and it hurts badly. I am just glad you did not let them take any more from you. I have seen them ruin peoples lives over their scams.

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 08:28 AM

DEAR SISTERS AND BROTHERS I HAD ALSO THAT EXPERIANCE...

AND I THINK THAT'S NOT JUST ROMANTIC SCAMMERS THEY ALLWAYS ASKING FOR MONEY...

I'M GLAD I PRAYED AND ALSO SAW THAT IS CREAZY TO FALL IN LOVE JUST BY E MAILS...(YES..THEY WILL NEVER PHONE U!!)!!

DEAR SISTERS AND BROTHERS LET USE OUT POWERFUL TOOL GIVEN FROM GOD -THE PRAYER AND ALSO CONSALTING WITH OUR PASTERS AND SO ON AT OUR CHURCHES...

THEY HAVE A LOT EXPERIANCE IN LIFE AND CAN HELP A LOT !!

PRAY!!! PRAY!!!!! PRAY!!!!! AND GOD WILL NOT ALLOW TO FOLLOW THAT BAD PEOPLE!!!

MUCH CHRISTIAN LOVE,:angel::angel:

VANI

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 12:38 PM

beware of christworshiper81, he is a scammer and takes advantage of women.

Signed, Airlinegirl

Page : 1 2