Author Thread: The girl speaks Klingon...really?
cajunkonection

View Profile
History
The girl speaks Klingon...really?
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 02:23 PM

So my sister set me up with a cute girl from her church. Right away I knew this was a disaster. She showed up at my sister's house with a long black trenchcoat with some black combat boots, some green throwback style camouflage BDU pants a black t-shirt and a huge velvet purple beret type of hat that really more closely resembled a chef's hat. I was speechless. I didn't want to go but felt obligated. So we head out to Raising Caine's on a Friday night which is a college hang out usually. So were are waiting on our food and she ( being the avid Trekie that she was ) pops out, rather randomly "Hey I can speak Klingon..." Now there's anywhere from 35 - 40 people in the restaurant but its a normal fast food size place. So, and I still to this day don't know why I opened that can o' worms, but anyway, I ask her to say something in Klingon. So she breaks out into this ficticious alien dialog that sounds like she's trying to speak in tongues with a frog in her throat. "ARAKULAK OKALA RAKLEE OCK" and she did it so loud that the entire place went silent. I mean pin drop, crickets silent, even the kitchen help lol. I've never been so embarassed. They should make one of those "Wanna get away?" Southwest commercials from this story seriously.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 03:38 PM

I've heard that's a turn on for some guys. Those kind of guys tend to go to dress up anime conventions and play magic the gathering though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 12:35 PM

:ROFL:

maybe this should have been put in the worst dates post?

Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:45 AM

It was just her way of trying to connect, since a lot of guys like Science Fiction. She could have spoken a little softer, but hey, Klingons aren't known for their timidity.

I wouldn�t go out with her, but I also wouldn�t make fun of her either.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 03:07 PM

You mean"Star Treck" - created originally in book format & later became a movie & a hit tv show starring Patrick Stewart created by Gene Rodbury or whatever his name is? That was a one time favorite show of mine.I'll tell you this,ask your sister more about her.She may have a serious problem or situation she's dealing with.It would be VERY,VERY WRONG if your giving her "the "cold shoulder" because of what she did.I think this may be possibily that she did that to see your reaction as a little test or it may be the only way for her at the time to make & continue a discussion with you.Who knows? This might be the one for you even though it does'nt looks that way at this time.Remember,God designed someone out there for us according to HIS WILL even though at times it do'nt appear that way.Just pray on it brother.:peace:

shi2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 08:24 PM

Nice!

cajunkonection

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 10:29 PM

Thanks for your advice but she's not God's will for me. See, she expressed her attraction to Asian guys and later moved away to go to college where she met, you guessed it, a Christian, Asian guy. Last I heard they were happily married. At the time we went out, you could tell her self esteem was very low, and although I let her know I didn't think we were compatible, I also tried to boost her self esteem by giving her compliments like how she was a pretty girl etc. And she is a pretty girl, but that said that was still very funny and I'll never forget that one.

chakal

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 04:13 PM

tell her to learn Esperanto! it's better...:peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 10:50 PM

Well,my apologies. brother,i only give the advice based on the question you've given earlier on the thread,& also,since you've made a thread on it,it sounded like it was a lady that you're previously getting to know at this time.but i still understand your reason for posting this thread.Sometimes it's good to ask questions.That way you'll know what to say or do next time when things like this occur.(p.s,next,please let us know if you mean a lady you're currently talking to or not.That way,you should get full proper advice next time).

cajunkonection

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 05:14 PM

Nah no apologies needed my friend. I took no offense and to anyone who would think I was making fun of her nothing could be further from the truth. That said, this was a funny event. It was something one would expect on a comical movie ans was verry funny. God bless