Author Thread: Equally Yoked?
txgrimes

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 2 Sep, 2008 11:20 AM

I'm intrigued by the idea of being "equally yoked" to one's marraige partner.

In my 20's, I fell "in love" and married a non-believer. After 8 years of marraige, he stepped outside of our marraige, having a long-term affair with a woman he worked with. Because our marriage was only based upon the emotional "love" and sexual infatuation of our youth, I believe that we never set God as the foundation of our marraige. Thus, the marriage I once thought was indestructible has now dissolved.

I'm just curious if others are wondering about God's will for our lives, in particular our future marriages? Is it okay for me to be the one seeking friendships here online, instead of trusting in Him to provide his perfect mate for me?

Your thoughts on finding God's perfect mate for you? Thoughts on being equally yoked?

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2009 12:29 PM

Hi. I have recently had my eyes opened to this experience..I always thought it meant in marriage......not true...not ONLY in marriage, that is.

friendships are a disaster waiting to happen if unequally yoked

Business realtionships/partnerships also waiting to sink into the ocean without being equally yoked.

Thanks for listening..........

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 27 Mar, 2009 07:51 PM

Hello :applause: Here are some thoughts on marriage::waving: I was married 20 years to an outlaw biker who Jesus saved. He sometimes struggled with going back. There were times he was 302'd because he had lapsed into darkness and had to go to the hospital. He would still talk to people there, often bikers came at the right moment, inside the hospital. Still God did a work him, (and me) and his whole family, and one by one they got saved. :applause:He passed away almost 3 years ago.:purpleangel: The thing is that God had asked me to stay with my husband.It is not always that way. We have to seek direction. It was so important that he be saved. I prayed for him always in protection. We had many wonderful years together bringing the gospel of the Lord Jesus to many, many people. God sent us. :waving:I Learned the sacrifice of praise and the wisdom of God in a hard place.:glow: Now when I Counsel couples, and familys that come out of darkness, I have a reference point.I have faith to know we really are going to make it. I made it, and so can someone else. I help men and women know God and become saved, and go to church outside and inside prison, as well as restoration for all God has for them when released. The point here was that God asked me to stay with my husband. It wasn't the popular opinion with everyone, many people said leave, leave ,leave ! :angel: In the begining I Wasnt happy, because I didnt like being the wife of an outlaw learning to love. I understood what made him tick, and had plenty of forgiveness. Trully I walked in the love of JEsus in my marriage. My husband was healed from his unability to express his feelings about 10 years into our marriage. My marriage was a purpose driven marriage made in heaven. Since all that experience happened in the hard place, and the prayers with the Lord:angel:I know how to help people with many problems coming out of gang life, drug and alcohol abuse, and other issues. Our experience greatly comforts someone else in Jesus.:glow: Now I am raising my teens and we remember the good years with their Dad. He was ready to meet God when he went. We saw God fix many hard places out there in the mission field. My late husbands brother finally accepted Jesus 2/14/09. We are happy about this:glow: Every marriage is different, it depends what Gods purpose is in your marriage. We have to pray and seek Gods will until we know for sure without a doubt. I counseled women waiting for their man to come out of prison, out of abuse, off of drugs, to get married, and sometimes to be set free. Some women were highly thankful that they never married some of their men, because God did not want them to suffer any more alcoholic drug addicted abuse. It all depends what Gods will is for our lives. I was called into ministry, and we had to take care of a people.We have to make sure it is what God is asking us. Jesus is the "best husband," even when you have a husband. It was the Lord who kept me in my marriage. What I teach women is to be secure inthemselves and God, so that when they go into a relaitonship they are complementing each other, not draining each other in the desperation of love starvation. God fills us and makes us happy. May God bless you richly. Chaplain Lukens :angel:

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 27 Mar, 2009 08:22 PM

How about when you are called to a certain place in God.:applause: I resepectfully dissagree with you on some points, becaue God changes certain situations. I was the virtous wife of an ex biker who Jesus saved. I was called into being his wife. He passed away almost three years ago. Then there were the women who were being abused. I counsel women and men coming out of deep sin. These people almost died many times. Desperation was their middle name. I am a chaplain over 5 prisons, and blessed by many ministers who come in with me. Remember that God weighs the balance in a believers life. I saw God grant some divorces. One woman, who just came a believer, was held captive, and after prayer the man let her go.I teach God in a hard place. She couldnt get married becaue the man was doing this on purpose to prevent her from having happiness. Of course it was the devil. Later on this man came to ask about Jesus and found our his ex wife was saved. Some women were married after living together for some time, God did not want to break up a family. I work with gang members. You have to have mercy and faith. You cannot put God in a box, we are not judge and jury. Remember the woman with many husbands at the well. ALso remember the time God told Hosea to marry a prostitute. Jesus words says that divorce was allowed because of the hardness of our hearts. I could forgive.I forgave my husbands sins. You have to know where people come from. Remember the woman who was going to be stoned and everyone couldnt really stone her because not one of them had never sinned. :angel:

Servant Sally

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 27 Mar, 2009 08:31 PM

HI I posted this response to someone who I respectfully disagreed. I went to reply and see about his profile, but he has been deleted from this site. This reply was for him- Thank you. Servant Sally :angel:

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 16 Apr, 2009 08:44 AM

Hi there, I went through a similar situation. Now I have met and Im in love with a Spirit filled Christian woman. The Bible tells us that being unequally yoked is not good. Be patient, God will send your "angel" to you as he did me. In the mean time, keep searching, it may require some work on your part. God told me one day "I gave you a brain, use it!" Keep your search Godly and give him all the praise and Glory when the right man comes along, you will know if God sent him by his character and Godliness. Good searching and may Grace and Peace be with you. Amen.

jeshurun777

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2009 11:22 PM

wonderful postings dear Royal family of God!

my opinion on equally yoked has been recently posted on the following topics of this site:

1) What is a Christian relationship

2)serious or not?

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 30 Apr, 2009 10:57 AM

I think as Christians we need to be VERY selective about whom we choose to share our life with. Clearly God feels very strongly about His children marrying anyone who doesn�t belong to Him. That�s why the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 6:14: Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

I learnt the hard way that being unequally yoked can't work for me.

If Christ is not the center of your partner�s life, then who or what is?

If your partner�s moral values aren�t based on the Bible, then what ARE they based on?

I feel like if you and your partner have conflict in those two important areas in your lives then it's going to be very difficult to be in harmony with each other, which would most likely cause a lot of conflict in the relationship and possibly lead to disruption to your own fellowship with God.

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 06:27 PM

Hi, I read your post. Personally, I know God has given us brains to use. He allows us to make choices, some good, some bad. I think being on a Christian dating site is fine as long as the person we are interested in is truly a Christian. There are some non Christians here as I have found by simply reading their profile. If they are not honoring God in their profile, I wonder if they honor God at all?? Just adding my 2 cents here. Thanks and God Bless,

Chuck

elc2jr1

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 23 Nov, 2009 09:29 PM

i would also like to respectfully disagree with your assessment of your being 'placed' in an 'unequally yoked' marriage, purposely. can God use the lessons learned by our mistakes?...certainly! but i don't think God would lead us into them. yes, there are times where God will intervene on our behalf, but i'm sure you would agree that much heartache and pain could have been averted, if His guidelines/ laws are followed from the start. the Word must be taken in context. i believe hosea was 'told' by God to marry the prostitute gomer as a lesson to the people at the time, who had fallen into sin. the Word clearly states that believers are 'not' to knowingly enter into relationships with non-believers. 2 Corinthians 6:14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[b]? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." 17"Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord.Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." 18"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." i think that is quite clear. i was a backslider when i met my now ex-wife, and as such entered into a forbidden relationship. did not have the opportunity you had as the divorce was forced on me. but i do accept that my failure to obey God's plan for believers was the beginning of the end...God bless

Page : 1 2 3