Author Thread: Babel Undone or Undue Babbling?
Admin

Babel Undone or Undue Babbling?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 10:13 AM

There is no reason to believe that the gift of tongues is anything other than the supernatural ability to speak in extant human languages that were previously unknown to the speaker. With the gift of tongues, we see Babel undone, not undue babbling.

For examples of this gift in action, see: Acts 2: 4, 10:46, 19:6

For other New Testament references to �tongues,� see: Mark 16:17; Acts 2:11; Acts 2:26; Romans 3:13; Romans 14:11; 1 Cor. 12:10; 1 Cor. 12:28; 1 Cor. 12:30; 1 Cor. 13:1; 1 Cor. 13:8; 1 Cor. 14:2; 1 Cor. 14:4-6; 1 Cor. 14:9; 1 Cor. 14:13-14; 1 Cor. 14:18-19; 1 Cor. 14:22-23; 1 Cor. 14:26-27; 1 Cor. 14:39; Philippians 2:11; James 1:26; James 3:5-6; James 3:8; 1 Peter 3:10; 1 John 3:18; Rev. 5:9; Rev. 7:9; Rev. 10:11; Rev. 11:9; Rev. 13:7; Rev. 14:6; Rev. 16:10; Rev. 17:15.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:21 AM

Shared ~ Without the Holy Spirit revealing these false teachers and false prophets; Many are being led astray by their own Biblical ignorance and their wanting riches and having their ears tickled.

Exactly !!!...The Holy Spirit will do just that...Thank & Praise you Father GOD for doing & given what your Son Christ Jesus* ask for us...To send a Helper that will guide, lead & reveal all Truths...:bow:....xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:31 AM

To two Sparrows is totally non scriptually, the post starts off talking about Acts 2:4, and acts 10:46 and then 19:2, as the Gift of tongues and that is not what is the subject matter in those scriptures, to put it more clearly that is one of Satan's biggest lies to the church. The post goes down hill from there.

How can you answer a spiritual matter when you know of the topic?

Gary_Lane

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 12:18 PM

1 Corinthians 14:21 �In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

22 �Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

I find it amazing there is so much reverence place on speaking in tongues when God has made it clear tongues was a sign for those who don't believe.

Just like verse 21 says, everyone on here ignores Gods word, like the Lord says they hear him not because it would put a big dent in the gifts that are not for to day.

God's word certainly confuse the man's wisdom and his doctrines just as God's word states.

1 Corinthians 1:21 �For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 �For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 �But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 �But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 �Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 �For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 �But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

People love religion but not God's word if it is not in agreement with what they believe: they ignore it.

Colossians 2:8 �Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Matthew 15:8 �This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 �But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

I find it a sad thing when people won't respond to God's word when it is in conflict with their religions.

1 Corinthians 13:8 �Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

If the gifts of the Holy Spirit were still for today such as laying on of hands, speaking in tongues then Paul who had healed many when the signs were given for the great commission and if it was still in effect he would have healed Timothy who he loves so much and a fellow worker in the Lord.

Instead of healing Timothy he told him to use wine for his stomach's sake and his often infirmities.

1 Timothy 5:23 �Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Of course the Lord stills heals but not with the laying on of hands as they do with invisible aliments in tent meetings. If they could heal, instead of fool people and get rich doing it, they would empty the hospitals and we would have to worry about Obamacare. LOL

Gary

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 03:51 PM

Friends who I disagree with, I am not offended by your disagreement.

I believe God does give us a language of pray that is just between him and me or you.

I will take no offense to those who disagree with my translation of it.

I post earlier did speak about this and give a bible verse.

If we believe God can do anything who are we to say it is not so.

Are you limiting God????????

trucker and Mr. Row you can voice your opinions to me in private so no one else will say crude remarks,ok.

As I do disagree with you.

To you all- I do not listen to any of those big names you may have written I have my bible to read.

I trust the holy spirit.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 03:57 PM

I Love You, Dennis.:hearts:

God Bless,

Deborah

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 08:15 PM

Naming names does not offend me, but it offends God because those are His children. I know that you dont mind offending Him, because you do this all the time to make yourself feel better.

But the fruit of the spirit are (Gal 5:22,23)

Love

Joy

Peace

Long Suffering

Gentleness

Goodness

Faith

Meekness (kindness)

Temperance (self control)

We should examine ourselves and make sure we are displaying these qualities when "debating" with our brother / sisters. My brothers never spoke down to me or anyone else, my Dad taught them to respect others.

Should it be a "tea party" like you so meanly say? No but it should remain respectful despite your thoughts about another.

Does the way you treat PJ glorify the Creator of the Universe? You are not representing Him on these forums, your attitudes represent someone else.

Ask yourself...Go ahead...the things I say to others, is it glorifying God?

1 John 4:20

If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we have not seen?

James 2:8

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:20 PM

:excited: You are judging me!!

I got to respond to this cause I been accused several times and have ignored it:

...you do this all the time to make yourself feel better.

If this statement was true I would have a long list of people I would call out! All I want from PJ is a simple explanations to is wacky comments. He is more offensive than me by far!!

I am not the one who mentioned "tea party" I just went with it, and I was not being mean! You are overly sensitive because I don't agree with you, so who of us is right? And how do we know? I have my method for discerning truth. The Bible and 2,000 yrs of Christian history.

Two more things! One contrary to popular belief I do not hate PJ! Not even a little! I get a good laugh from him and just wish he would explain himself. Being nice has not worked, so I am tryin a poke here and there. That doesn't work either. Now I get a tickle out of his little protector. That may be the worst thing I do here.

Two I can not consider PJ a Christian bother, our beliefs are polar opposites. I'll tell you right now, if anyone thinks the gospel is NOT about the forgiveness of sin, I will boldly proclaim they are NOT a Christian, and I don't have to know their heart to know this. They are flat out heretics plan and simple, no debate needed!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:15 PM

Deborah

PJ

I believe the gifts of the Holy Spirit are active today, including speaking in tongues and healing. However scripture is clear that just because someone can speak in tongues or heal that it is not necessarily from God :

2 Thes 2:9-10 ~ ".....the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,....."

Matt 24:24 ~ "....... false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--- if that were possible."

Need I say any more?

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:58 PM

...and it also doesn't mean they are saved either!

Judas went out with the 70 preaching the gospel and preforming miracles and he wasn't saved. I am sure many got saved under his preaching and he did many miracles. BUT he was not saved! Jesus is the way, not the Holy Spirit!

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 05:40 AM

Thank you, twosparrows. No, you need not say more.:glow:

A perfect example just happened about someone discerning

something and immediately 'you're judging me' is yelled.

mrrow, you have been attacking P.J. in a very mean-spirited way for a long time. and the reason you hurl insults my way now is because you got mad at me for calling you out on it.

It's not his 'little protector' you should be worried about;

It's his Big Protector; whose name is JESUS.

If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue,but deceiveth his own heart,this man's religion is vain. James 1:26

Deborah

Page : 1 2 3 4