Author Thread: Babel Undone or Undue Babbling?
Admin

Babel Undone or Undue Babbling?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 10:13 AM

There is no reason to believe that the gift of tongues is anything other than the supernatural ability to speak in extant human languages that were previously unknown to the speaker. With the gift of tongues, we see Babel undone, not undue babbling.

For examples of this gift in action, see: Acts 2: 4, 10:46, 19:6

For other New Testament references to �tongues,� see: Mark 16:17; Acts 2:11; Acts 2:26; Romans 3:13; Romans 14:11; 1 Cor. 12:10; 1 Cor. 12:28; 1 Cor. 12:30; 1 Cor. 13:1; 1 Cor. 13:8; 1 Cor. 14:2; 1 Cor. 14:4-6; 1 Cor. 14:9; 1 Cor. 14:13-14; 1 Cor. 14:18-19; 1 Cor. 14:22-23; 1 Cor. 14:26-27; 1 Cor. 14:39; Philippians 2:11; James 1:26; James 3:5-6; James 3:8; 1 Peter 3:10; 1 John 3:18; Rev. 5:9; Rev. 7:9; Rev. 10:11; Rev. 11:9; Rev. 13:7; Rev. 14:6; Rev. 16:10; Rev. 17:15.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 07:27 AM

Mr Row you may have said more than you truly realize, about me being your brother, there is something about one that continually bears false witness of the word, and declaring that false witness to bwe truth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 07:44 AM

Two Sparrows, of course what you said is true of Satan to a point, but you can put it in the bank that he does not and can not heal anyone. In my twenty years of being Spirit filled I have run into it one time when I layed hands on a young man and it he did speak in babble or demonic utterance, and I knew what it was when it happened and we dealt with it. What where you talking your talking about concerning 1st Corinthians 14:28-29.

In reference to this post and the three mentioned scriptures in acts the point or subject matter is receiving the Holy Spirit, a subsequent act to receiving Jesus, and when the believers received the Holy Spirit and where filled they all spoke with tongues, all 120 present. The Gift of tongues is another topic all together, so when you say this is the Gift of tongues and any of all the other lies Satan has put on it you are bringing a false witness of the word.

One you go to first Corinthians and talk about the gifts of the Spirit, they are only manifest in those that have received the Gift of the Holy Spirit. and the Gifts of the Spirit are as the Spirit wills, and the belivers seaks in tongues as he wills, or he has the ability to speak in tongues any time he wants.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 08:06 AM

Deborah you haven't been comin around long enough to know I don't have a problem being judge by others! That was pure sarcasm. Because so many here preach, "we are not to judge" yet those very same people go around and judge others all the time...WE ALL do it!

And just because you are a softy doesn't mean or I am mean spirited! Because I am straight forward and speak my mind and don't take the hard edges off does not mean I have a mean spirit or that I am hateful. That is YOUR judgment of me! And you are wrong. I don't care it doesn't bother me. If you really wana call me out then let's dive in sweety! I'll go toe to toe with anyone here about any comment I make. And if I see error in what I say I'll step up and say I was wrong. I have been put in my place more than once here and will admit when I am wrong.

What makes me laugh is you have to take up for PJ. He is a man...well not really. A real man would have more back bone and respect. A man wouldn't need a little old lady taking up for him. There are more than a few "girly men" that come here. But at least they use their mind.

I called you out and you haven't responded. I'll ask again. Prove to me PJ is not a false profit. Maybe I am not offending Big Protector by calling out his false teaching, maybe He is using me to expose the truth and you need to worry about defending a false teacher. That I would be more worried about personally!

Prove it Deborah! I say PJ is a false teacher, and a heretic now. I have laid some of my evidence out. He preaches a different gospel so that makes him a curse! (Galatians 1:8) The gospel IS about forgiveness of sins, PJ says it is not. And he CAN"T answer me. So what do you say? Are you a heretic to?

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 08:38 AM

Shared ~ What makes me laugh is you have to take up for PJ. {{{ He is a man...well not really. A real man would have more back bone and respect. A man wouldn't need a little old lady taking up for him. There are more than a few "girly men" that come here. But at least they use their mind.}}}

Ima NOT sorry ta say...No matter what the Personal conflict & view is...This comment was Out Right Cruel & Demeaning...Callin out a Person is one thing...but comments pertainin to not bein a Man or callin an Elder women OLD is DisRespectful to the CORE...As I see it...an it dont make no nevermind how I see it...This falls under Harrassment & Name Callin...I am Jugdin You ? Nope ! Jugdin the spokein words & actions there in...

The ol sayin Sticks & Stones May Break My Bones...BUT...Words Will Never Hurt Me...is a LIE...Words have the power to Heal or Kill...jus Ask Jesus...He Knows first hand...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 08:54 AM

Jude all is well, it is no matter what is said of me accept my concern for those that speak as such. I know in whom I live and breath and he is not a babbler, lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 08:58 AM

Why don't you prove to me you're not a false teacher,mrrow?

I can't remember seeing where P.J. ever said he was a teacher at all. You are the one who gave him that title along with profit(prophet) now.

girly men? I haven't seen any here.

I definitely don't think God is using you---- I think Satan is using you to cause confusion, discord, and strife.

And,mrrow, Jesus Loves this"little old lady".

I may not have been around as long as you have; but I have felt the Love of Christ from many people on this site.

Your insults won't run me off------- I'll just ignore your Babbling.

Deborah

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 11:03 AM

PJ,

The tongue of a questionable origin in 1Cor 14:27-28 could be the tongue of man, ie : through person's own desire to have the gift they manifest it themselves. Or it could be a tongue of the enemy, ie : a spirit of religiousosity.

As for the bearing false witness comment what is up with that? Are we not both discussing scripture to the best of our ability? To accuse one of bearing false witness is to bring ones moral character in to question. Which is really a useless comment as truth is truth, wether spoken by a liar or a honest man.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2010 09:38 AM

Two Sparrows are you Asking me why I addressed mr row

Earthangelkay

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 07:04 PM

Gary you need to read more closely what the bible says, it says forbid not to speak with tongues, I Corinthians 14 verse 39. I believe the entire word of God. I do not need a man to tell me what a scripture says or doesn't say. The Holy Spirit lives within me and he is the one who teaches, comforts and leads me. Not some man who doesn't know what he is talking about. I speak in tongues, its to the father, its a gift from God and I receive it by faith. I also believe in healing, lay hands on the sick and they are healed in Jesus name, not by me but by the Holy Spirit that is in me. Jesus said when he left and went to the Father, greater things we would do , GREATER, not the same or close to but GREATER. Satan is a liar and deceiver, a copy cat, but he can't copy the Holy Spirit!!!Jesus also said my sheep know my voice. He may try to copy miracles, but true believers have decernment of Spirits and know the difference. Why a christian would not want every gift the Father gives to us, for our good and to help others, is beyond me. I weigh things out by asking , would satan be happy if I did or didn't do something, if God is limitied in what he can do or what we can do, who wins, satan, so you see, I do not believe that to be true. The God I serve has given me every weapon to use against my enemy satan, his word, his gifts, most of all faith in his Son Jesus Christ . Tongues is not Salvation critical, but FORBID not to speak with tongues. Sincerely , Kay

Deenia

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2011 11:10 AM

Since I just found this site from a post by another, need to comment on I Cor:14 verse 39 that was taken out of context! You must tie in Verses 37-39 to get the full meaning.

Page : 1 2 3 4