Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:49 AM

Acts 2:4, Acts, 10:44-46, and Acts 19:2-6

View Profile
History
What is the truth of these Scriptures
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:08 AM

@ PJ:

I do not know PJ;

Will you elaborate on these Scriptures,instead of asking others to give you the answers that you do not know.

St.George

That's right PJ,i have you in my sights today,but i will play nicely.

I do not want to upset the tea cart today.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:13 AM

My knowledge of the scriptures is not in question, George my heart is towards the lord not against him, you are a another story.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:23 AM

George I would mark you in accordance to these scriptures:

New International Version (�1984)

I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

New Living Translation (�2007)

And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people's faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them.

English Standard Version (�2001)

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.

New American Standard Bible (�1995)

Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

International Standard Version (�2008)

Now I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who create divisions and sinful enticements that oppose the teaching you have learned. Stay away from them,

GOD'S WORD� Translation (�1995)

Brothers and sisters, I urge you to watch out for those people who create divisions and who make others fall away [from the Christian faith] by teaching doctrine that is not the same as you have learned. Stay away from them.

King James Bible

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

American King James Version

Now I beseech you, brothers, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which you have learned; and avoid them.

American Standard Version

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them that are causing the divisions and occasions of stumbling, contrary to the doctrine which ye learned: and turn away from them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:28 AM

Actually PJ your knowledge of scriptures is always in question! I wish you could answer your own questions. I really would like to hear YOUR answers! AND understand them!!! You are not some zen who can teach from questions because you are to confusing!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:36 AM

PJ:

Could you just answer your own questions first.

Why do you have to make things so difficult.

Before you try those Scriptures on me,Please remove the telelphone pole that is sticking out of both of your eyes.

That way you might be able to see clearly to answer the questions you post.

St.George

Girls,is there anymore tea left,I would like the mint tea with honey Please....

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:38 AM

The word of God teaches all that it is man's responsibility to know truth, the lord has given all the measure of faith, so if on can not come into agreement with the word, whose fault is it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:39 AM

PJ:

Could you do that in Afrikaans,i can understand the language some when it is spoken.

Maybe,Dutch,German?

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 12:00 PM

PJ

I have to agree with the other posters. In the month or so I have been around here, the only thing I have seen you post is vague cryptic comments.

If you wish to discuss a passage of scripture, why not say "I was thinking about this verse, here are my views. What do you think?" Take a stance, put it out there and then it will be open for discussion.

But this puffed up attitude of, "I'm filled with a spirit that tells me everything and you know nothing" well that ain't cool.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 12:23 PM

PJ,

I read the scriptures you posted. These scriptures show there are two baptisms, the water and the Spirit. It shows they are independent of each other. It shows speaking in tongues may accompany the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

However, If I may presume : You believe these passages teach speaking in tongues "always" accompanies the baptism have the Holy Spirit. I don't see that these passages teach this. Although I do believe it does accompany...just not always...we are each given different gifts...nor do these scriptures you provided indicate that "every single one" spoke in tongues.

Just what I glean from these scriptures without going beyond what scripture teaches.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 12:28 PM

SHAWN , knowing scipture is not an opinion to me, nor is agreeing with scripture puffed, Jesus would call it humility. Now as far as everybody, hmm.

Page : 1 2 3 4