Author Thread: Do you believe in "The One"?
shi2010

View Profile
History
Do you believe in "The One"?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 07:12 PM

Most people use "The One" theory as comforting encouragement to help others deal with dating obstacles.

What do you believe?

Is there "The One", or are we in control of our fate when it comes to love?

Thanks for posting!:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 10:12 PM

I will answer your question by telling you a real-life story and you decide:

A godly Christian man is married to a godly Christian lady. They are madly in love and are committed to the Lord in their daily walk. The loved each other so much that they would rather stay single than be married to someone else--each one was "The One" to the other. Six months after marriage the young wife was killed by a drunk driver.

The husband was devastated, he felt dead inside, and his spirit was crushed. Few years later, after the grieve and healing, and after his faith started to grow again he met another godly Christian lady who loved him. They fell in love, and got married--they became "The One" to each other. And they lived a happy marriage life.

I hope this story answers your question.

PS: Answering your question hurts me more than you can imagine. For all my life I believed in "The One" until 3 months ago. As hard as it seems to accept that there is no "The One", I can't just ignore the overwhelming evidence such as the above story.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 10:42 PM

That's a very,VERY sad story (sob),but God heals ALL PAIN if the person lets them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 07:21 PM

I think that God does have the perfect person for you just like He has the perfect path for each one of us to follow. But I also believe God has a second, third and fourth best etc. So allot of it depends on how much we allow God to lead us and whether we listen to the Spirit of flesh, as to whether we choose "the one". My two cents on the topic. Hope it made sense. :)

Page : 1 2 3