Author Thread: Do you believe in "The One"?
shi2010

View Profile
History
Do you believe in "The One"?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 07:12 PM

Most people use "The One" theory as comforting encouragement to help others deal with dating obstacles.

What do you believe?

Is there "The One", or are we in control of our fate when it comes to love?

Thanks for posting!:angel:

Onidaren

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 07:57 PM

This is one of the questions I've asked myself.

The answer depends on your beliefs concerning predestination. How tightly does God control your future?

I believe that God knows everything that will happen in your life, including whether or not you will be saved, and when.

I believe that God is "in control." That means He is capable of making stuff happen that would be impossible otherwise. However, I also believe that God designed the world according to His purposes, and if He wanted it to work differently, He would have made it different in the first place.

That is where you come in: it's your job to live life, even though God knows your whole story in advance.

"The One" will be the one you pick. Pray hard, choose well.

shi2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 08:00 PM

Ok.........

Thanks for your input!:angel:

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 10:21 PM

It depends on what you mean by "the one." Some people worry that there is someone out there created for them who they have to find. If they don't find that person or things don't work out, they think they're bound to never be truly happy. I believe God shows himself to be far more sovereign than that. If God has it in his will for two people to marry, then he'll bring them together. In that sense, there is, "the one." For people whose spouses die and they remarry, there might actually be two.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 12:13 PM

Agreed Tulip,if you "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,& lean not on thy own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him,& he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs ch 3 vs. 5-6).If we"TRUST" in HIM,He will "DIRECT" us to the "ONE" who is out there for us.In other words,if we see Him as "THE ONE"(Jesus) we "With all thine heart" & "Not on thy own UNDERSTANDING" (made up in our minds that this is the person that's for us),He will show US who's the "ONE" (the person of your dreams) for us.I hope you understand where i'm coming from.It was the only way i could have answered your thread.:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 05:10 PM

Yes. Regardless of how many dating sites I'm on, or if I'm on none at all, there is "the One" that God has for me and He already knows the time and place He will bring us together. For whatever reason, I keep trying to help God out by joining more dating sites. Ugh.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 09:21 PM

I agree with alycorn25 God knows the "The One" for us. Sometimes it's tricky because we are anxious (I am lol) and we end up choosing the wrong one...but in cases like that prayer is the key to find out whether or not the guy you are dating (or intend to) is the one the Lord has for you... In my case now I am just being vigilant and praying lol, can't afford emotionally another divorce...I am just waiting on HIM!

So I do believe 'THE ONE" and waiting patiently LORD WILL show me LOL

mariavicenta

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 08:17 AM

hmmm...The one!!!

oh well. i have found the one but im not his one!!!!just kidding...:peace:

Still waiting for that another " ONE"..and it will come based on our faith..

i already found the one...way back 1998...

Well i had once asked specifically to God when i was 22 years old..i asked signs..like he must be like this and that..indeed God grant me...but when i met him who happen to be my classmate in my calculus subject....i was so insecure..coz he was rich and im poor...im just simple woman..i was confused..my parents disapproved..He was my first great love!

Then i prayed to God and i said..i returned this ONE ..He is just too much for me..for this gift..Pls Lord ..hope u could give someone who can mke him happy and love him..But u knw, returning that one is even much harder...and difficult ..After two months, i heard he was having gf....i cried every nights..many nights!!!!!

Thats my sad love story..

Lesson: pray specifically...and when u met him..accept wholeheartedly without fear.. ..

mariavicenta

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 08:31 AM

Well...i have met twice...about those ONE...and it just ended that way..So sad!!!!yeah i met them two..the so called ONE...

Well..i realized...we cant control over things..either its our choice or God's choice..

my first great love is my choice to let go..my second is God's choice to let go..Both are equally hard to lose coz i really love them both...with all honesty, sincerity..faithfully.God knws all my lovelife..:glow: and everything..

Now...this is the time to understand God's will..and that..this ONE for me should be.a.God's choice..im sure, God's choice is always good..

Hope i answered ur question, friend..!!

How will we knw if this is the "ONE" and it's God's choice????

hmmm....we will check our hearts then..when we find peace..then..:dancingp: we found it!!!!

Where is he????:dancingp:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 04:37 PM

Yup !!! He is GOD / Jesus / Holy Spirit...he is Everything & Sufficiant...Ima not sure GOD has a special mate " the one " for us...but I do believe that there is a person out there in the great big world that I would no doubt believe to be " the one " for me ifin I met him...so until I meet him...ima jus keep my hope & my faith in & of the Lord Jesus...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 08:25 PM

what a sad story maria! God's still got a great guy out there for us - hoping and praying! You're right - we gotta not be scared. :)

Page : 1 2 3