Author Thread: Do you believe in "The One"?
shi2010

View Profile
History
Do you believe in "The One"?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 07:12 PM

Most people use "The One" theory as comforting encouragement to help others deal with dating obstacles.

What do you believe?

Is there "The One", or are we in control of our fate when it comes to love?

Thanks for posting!:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2010 01:58 PM

Don't give up! God has that special someone out there for you. He could be right there at your fingertips.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2010 05:27 PM

I believe we have the freedom to make all kinds of mistakes, therefore if you ignore the rules you reap what you sow. All the rules in Galatians are there to keep you from yourself. But first you have to know the rules- and ifn you don't you will suffer as the word describes and the only way to fix it is ask for forgiveness and praise the parties damaged by not following d words. :applause:

chakal

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 12:44 AM

I think only God know the answer to that question..:angel:

but I think it is wrong to sit and imagine how "The One" might be... we end up with a very ideal idea of the person that is very difficult to find in life, and you can walk in front of him/her without realising..just because he/she is different from what you imagined to be the best partner for you. so the moral of the story is just come with an open heart and hope you find hi soon:yay:

shepherdess

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 08:37 PM

Amen~only God has that answer.

Interesting to think on as well....IF we marry the 'wrong one', he/she then beCOMES the right one...if you catch what I mean. God hates divorce, so if we don't wait on Him for the right person and marry...that person is then the one God wants us with..

SO, the moral must be :glow: WAIT on the Father,

and pray for His will...

O dear, excuse me while I go take my own advice:rolleyes:

shineyourlight_x

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 02:16 PM

I do feel that God has that specific spouse for you. As of right now, I'm waiting on his timing. I'm not settling for anything less. I'm not for casual dating. The next guy that God gives to me will be my future husband. I've made a promise to God that I won't date any more. Because before, I used to just date. Now, I just feel that I should wait. And when it's time for me to find that guy, God will bring him along :)

God's the author of my life story, as well as my LOVE story :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 04:27 AM

Thanks for the great insight

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 08:04 PM

I did but, I don't anymore, and I'm no longer interested in relationships or guys period. I'm done getting hurt and used and abused and mistreated and such, I plan on now adopting or getting inseminated. I truly believe now that the Lord is calling me to be single and that he doesn't want me to pursue relationships or guys.

Signed, Airlinegirl

rainbowian

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 09:40 PM

I doubt it. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God has one specific person for everybody. If there was, there would be no need for the biblical guidelines we find throughout Scripture for choosing a good mate.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 04:38 PM

I believe that there are many people that each of us could be compatible with.

shi2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 06:53 PM

I do too!

Page : 1 2 3