Author Thread: LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Admin

LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 12:05 AM

You get hired as a 'paid by the piece' worker by a Acme Widget Company. You are given the 'Rules' one of which say : "Anyone not producing 25,000 widgets per week will be automatically terminated"

A few years later you are promoted to a production management position at the same company. Because your job description changed so radically you enter in to a new contract which Acme Widget Company. The contract describes a salaried position and the only rule is to closely follow the owners wishes.

In your new position you are still are still responsible for producing a certain amount of widgets, but you are no longer paid by the piece, nor are you automatically terminated for not meeting a quota. None of the company rules have changed, but your position has.

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 08:18 AM

Our friend was under the Law when he was a piece worker. He either performed or was automatically terminated. He was not terminated by the decision of the management, he was terminated by the rule that set the standard of performance.

When our friend was promoted he was no longer under the rule of automatic termination for not meeting his quota. He is still expected to perform in fact he is expected to exceed the minimum quota, but is given Grace because of his new postion.

To make this analogy even closer to reality. The reason our friend got promoted was not because of his performance as a widget maker, but because he became engaged to the owners daughter.

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 08:29 AM

So favoritism got him promoted and the boss wanted to make sure his daughter was well taken care of so he gave him a position that ensured she would?

daniel12345

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 08:31 AM

Interesting analogy. But i don't think is appropriate. Grace is given to everyone, but not everyone can be engaged to daughter. It also implies that our friend earned the promotion (salvation), by engagement, which is not true.

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 09:08 AM

*Saved,

Yes, we are promoted due to favortism: the definition of grace is unmerited favor. As Christians we do have more favor with God than unbelievers. (Romans 5:8-10)

*Daniel,

The Church is the bride of Christ and the Holy Spirit is the engagement ring God has given us as a guarantee of his promise. Our 'promotion' is not earned, it is a gift not because of our performance, but because of our relation. (2 Corinthians 1:22)

MargoSolo

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 11:27 AM

Good analogy, Two!

There is favoritism to the elect, that is, they are given salvation. The reprobate do not.

I like that you included that they are still expected the same standard of the law (and more), yet are given grace. It would imply that they strive to meet it out of love and gratitude rather than a requirement.

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 11:40 AM

Margo,

Somebody 'gets me' :hearts:

*sigh*

*big smile*

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 12:16 PM

WE ARE ALL THE ELECT IF WE ARE ON THE EARTH, THE ISSUE IS, DO WE BY FAITH PARTAKE OF THE GRACE AND ELECTION, AND THE SAME IS TRUE OF TITHING WE DO IT BY FAITH AS AN ACT OF WORSHIP UNTO LIBERTY, OR YOU DO NOT TITHE BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF UNTO BONDAGE!

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 06:13 PM

I disagree with your definition of Grace. I think unmerited favor is more in line with mercy. I believe Grace is the power of God to move us, change us and motivate us to be like Him. Grace is power. I'm not sure this is a good illustration of Grace either.

Grace is the power to Get Right And Change Everything.

Thunder (the unknown reindeer)

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 07:53 PM

@ The Raindear:

Hey Thunder,someone has Grace correct.

George

View Profile
History
LAW & GRACE UNVEILED!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 08:55 PM

Well then...I shall have to look up Grace in the Greek and get back to you. Hmmmm....= )

Page : 1 2 3