Author Thread: Am I Doing Something Wrong?
Admin

Am I Doing Something Wrong?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2008 09:59 PM

So...I'm just wondering...is there something wrong with my profile? Every time I message a guy that I think sounds interesting...he never messages me back! It would be cool to meet my "soul mate" on here, but in all honesty, I would like to meet friends too! I never even get a "No thanks, I don't think we are compatible."!!! It's kind of depressing! Maybe I am looking at the wrong guys, I don't know...but I'm beginning to wonder if there is something about my profile that is making guys NOT want to talk to me, could somebody please give some advice...I would really appreciate it! :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2008 02:27 AM

hey how you, dont worry i had the same, well i still do. lol. and i used to ask myself the same question. but you know what some woman, auntiebettie said to me, that GOD will bring the right mate at the right time. put GOD first, take this time to seek him. and thats what i did. and i lowered my expectations. now i'm having a blast knowing people on a more friendship based level. i hope this help though...

spri1458

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2008 07:07 PM

Your profile is fine. I've run into the same situation several times before. There are many possible reasons as to why you haven't received a response. I wouldn't think too much into it. Personally, I just shrug it off when it happens.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2008 02:14 AM

Theres nothing wrong with your profile but there are some things you can do to make it more right.

1. more pictures increases your activity by 300%.

2. write a little more in detail about yourself and what you are wanting in a man.,,,a non judgmental woman is very attractive to a younger man because it gives him a place of safety and security.

a. Tell him what you're looking for without lofty expectations.

b. In your profile Tell him you will except him the way he is.

c. Ask him does he want a woman to stand by him no matter what happens in life?

d. Be confident about yourself and tell him you will make him proud he found you.

e. Last, tell him your are looking for a man not only to start your life with but also finish it with. And that you will be a faithful woman, who knows how to call on God for her family.

That will move any young mans blood if he is looking for the right things. God bless you.

Alot of guys your age are a little bashful. Dont be afraid to keep pursuing what you want.

bye bye for now,,,, Bruce,,,( hedgedweller):peace:out !!

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Sep, 2008 09:44 AM

Wow, Bruce. That makes me want to date you! You got it all figured out. Well put.

One thing I would like to add in these responses is that you need to keep it real on here as you would in the real world. This isn't a JCPenny catalog, that you just order what you think is the prettiest. We tend to go outside our comfort zone on the internet when we would never do that in the real world. This can affect our self esteem, and cause real world problems for us. Keep it real. I you would not approach a man in the real world like that, then don't approach them on here like that. It can really lead to you feeling less valuable. That is the wrong feeling because you should never put your value in what others do.

As I've said in other posts: So how many men are you willing to go through to find the love of your life. It's not like ordering pizza or something. You have to stay in the fight, and if it's not working just fight harder! The reward will be worth it.

With Blessings

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2008 05:42 PM

Thanks for that. I am keeping it about as real as I possibly can. If any guys think I'm being cheesy or that I'm not being real...then I guess that's their loss.

Thanks though :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2008 03:04 AM

Hey sis.. I didn't see anything personally wrong about it.. some of the other posters here have mentioned the same phenomena and I've had it happen too.. think Bruce said it best though.. Thanks bro!

In His mercy and grace,

Brian

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2008 12:40 PM

Hello,

The only thing I can think of is that the man that God has intended for you either is not on this site or he will be soon. You seem like a really smart, kind, down to earth person. You are a beautiful girl with good qualities as well. He's out there...looking for you!!

It's funny cause I feel the same way also but sometimes no news is good news...lol. Le me know how things are going for you? Take care and God bless :angel:

twinklep

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2008 08:42 AM

hi - i'm out of ur age range so i couldn't send u a wink! u might/might not think differently if u look at my profile.

twinklep

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Oct, 2008 11:45 PM

I hear you sister! Sometimes it feels like you only hear from the guys you aren't interested in, and don't hear anything back from the ones that you think sound great, and are a match for you! They describe you in what they are looking for in a mate, and when you send them a message, you get nothing!

You are still young, and will have lots of opportunities to meet men. Continue doing the things you enjoy doing, and be yourself. If you are confident, and enjoying life, men will be drawn to you. Be patient...

It is so hard to judge someone's character from a profile. I guess it is a stepping stone to getting to know someone in person (if we ever hear back from anyone...)

All I can tell you is wait for the right one to come along. I married someone who was wrong for me, and I can tell you honestly that it is better to be alone than to be with the wrong man! Lesson learned for me!

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2008 08:37 PM

You're a good looking gal, but you live in Arkansas, doh! Hopefully as this site gets more popular there will be more singles from your area. I keep messaging gals on here, but A. they are to far away B. they are not interested. Course I do stress my faith in my profile, but I am tired of dating women who are not saved.

I usually message women on here and point out what I believe first, then ask if they would like to go to a movie, dinner, whatever, etc. Yes, it does hurt to be ignored, I totally understand that.

I would also check some singles groups out at your local churches.

Page : 1 2