Author Thread: Evenly Yoked
FlyinHigh

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 08:59 AM

14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Why does God want us to be around like minded people?

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 10:00 AM

Birds of a feather flock together---- that's what my grand-ma always says.

As far as friends go I think God wants us to be yoked equally with people who have a common Love of Jesus cause it's so much easier to have a great time .and I do believe God wants his children happy.

When I want to talk about a new scripture I totally Get or a prayer request I'm so excited God answered and a buddy just wants to discuss what he did when he got drunk the night before or the new babe he slept with, it's impossible to get on the same page and enjoy our conversations.

As for evenly yoked in marriage, I guess someone who's been married should answer that one.

chevy

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 10:04 AM

so we can have the same values and ultimate goal and of course be like minded.

being yoked with an unbeliever is dangerous. We would have nothing in common spiritually.

I've done it before (in the passed) and NO it doesnt work and I ended up hurting him but I knew it didnt please God and I just had to end it.

he didnt understand my morals, values or my relationship with God.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 10:17 AM

Here are 2 things I discovered:

1. You're as strong as your weakest link

2. Misery loves company.

hereiamagain

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 07:07 AM

Being in a relationship with someone who isn't a christian normally doesn't work. I have been there. It's hard to make a non christian understand your belief system and morality issues always seem to arise.

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 06:27 PM

God wants use around liked minded people to keep use from kiling ourselves. If we are out there hang'n out with non believers all the time. We are giving our flesh an advantage over our souls. Our non christian friends don't have the same values and will lead use to think immoral thoughts or say/do things we shouldn't say/do. They don't do it purposely. Thier just in a worldly mindset.

When we are around other believers, we are around people of love, power and of a sound mind. We feed off of eachother and make sure we stay on track.

That doesn't mean that we should be hang with non believers. God tells use to because we arer the light and should be the examples for our friends and family and others.

When it comes to marriage. How can we be an example to a world with such a high divorce rate. How marriages are exspose to be like.

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 06:50 AM

Fly---- You got that Right! I wonder why Misery can't just stand alone and not have a need to want others to share with? :applause:

chevy

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 07:15 AM

Misery loves company--------- Sad when you think about it but it seems to be true. :goofball:

chevy

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 07:38 AM

I married a believer,but I still wasn't equally yolked.I believe you both need to be going in the same direction,need to talk before you get married, about where you are in your walk with the Lord,beliefs,goals ,desires,dreams.Being saved is the first part,finding someone who is compatible and is on the same page with you is also essential.We all have different backgrounds and experiences growing up,which affect how we believe.

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 01:29 PM

@Sharon72 That is very true. Tooooooo many people are in such arush to get married that they don't even REALLY know eachother.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 09:28 PM

Chevy Said:

Fly---- You got that Right! I wonder why Misery can't just stand alone and not have a need to want others to share with?

chevy

Fly says:

Misery loves company because it wants to spread like a virus. Misery is a tool of the devil to hurt you and make you wallow in self torture until you crack, it can only live if it grows and spreads.

It took me a few days but I think that is a viable answer.

Cheers

Fly

Page : 1 2