Author Thread: Evenly Yoked
FlyinHigh

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 08:59 AM

14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Why does God want us to be around like minded people?

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 5 Feb, 2011 08:50 AM

great topic... in my experience dating, God reveals this pretty quickly... I believe God has protected me...

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 11 Feb, 2011 04:21 PM

For SEVEN months I talked to a young lady on here.

It broke my heart that she went back to her "abusive" ex, wants to move to MN now to be with him, and will not even reply to my e-mails to her.

She said that I was the boy of her dreams, that we were a better match, and many other WONDERFUL things in these 7 months.

I just do not undestand why a young lady would do the OPPPOSITE in life of what she wrote on her profile!!!!!!!

It is true that I know what I want in a female. Yet I struggle between wating and wanting a godly young lady to TRULY love me and agree on the key issues of life.

Anmy thoughts? I am always open to hearing from people. I am realllly good at giving a quick reply.

Miss_Chris

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 10:13 PM

Just a quick thought... It's interesting that you put "evenly" instead of "equally". I realize you must have meant it as one in the same, but being at a similar level of growth in the Lord is important.

Two people can be of the Christian faith, but one way ahead of the other in terms of maturity, Godly wisdom, etc. That count's for a lot in my book.

Realizing that God can use anyone and also even the most "Godly Christian" can fall.

annery24

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 15 Mar, 2011 12:46 AM

Amen for that Brother!

View Profile
History
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 06:35 AM

I agree what the verse says but I noticed the word, "Evenly" instead Equally. You changed the syn word. But if you said, "Eventually" instead of Equally/Eventually yoked, then the whole thing changes. Sadly, Christians followed Eventually yoked method instead of Equally yoked. Many Christians married "Christians" or even non-believer in hoping that the other will be saved thru marriage. Wrong! You can not do that. Many Christians fall into trap marrying the wrong person because of wrong attractions such as appearance, working together at an employer, or bumped into people you see all the time in your routine, or even in church that your spiritual level is high and others not. That is the problem. I am firm with Equally yoked. I captialized because I am firm on the importance of that name that has meaning.

Please be EQUALLY yoked with believers!!

Page : 1 2