Author Thread: Xenophobia
Admin

Xenophobia
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 05:45 AM

:stop:Xenophobia is defined as the "hatred or fear of foreigners or strangers or of their politics or culture".[1] It comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "stranger," "foreigner" and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear."

:stop:Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[3] Xenophobia can also be exhibited in the form of an "uncritical exaltation of another culture" in which a culture is ascribed "an unreal, stereotyped and exotic quality".

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia)

I'm just curious to know how many truly chritians are in this website... you know, I've enjoyed the "living chat" sometimes, and I am suprised to see so many xenophobic people there. Mostly won't talk to someone out of the USA, and when someone from another country try to say a simple "hi" people ignore the person. Why is that? Do people think they will start a relationhip if they say 'hi" back? This is rude, I'm just saying. This is NOT the way a truly Christian should behave.

:stop:�43 You have heard that it was said, you shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.� 44 �But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous‎. 46 �For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 �If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 �Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(MATTHEW 5:43-48)

:stop:(Leviticus 19:33)"When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong."

:stop:"Foreigners living among you will be like your own people. Love them as you love yourself, because you were foreigners living in Egypt. I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19:34)

:stop:"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it" (Hebrews 13:2)

ARE YOU A TRULY CHRISTIAN? SO STOP BEING HYPOCRITICAL AND ACT LIKE ONE.

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 08:38 AM

My Philipines "winks" are 51 so far---- USA "winks"2

Why do Philipine women find me so attractive?:ROFL:

Shawn@

If you need to apologize for a wrong opinion, I do too 'cause I was thinking exactly what you were stating.

It's also my opinion that no matter what you say girl womam

won't hear it.

chevy

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 09:10 AM

girl womam is right about that, you can stop all the winks and messages from foreign places by going in your mail settings and check the box that blocks users outside our country. When I first got on here, was mostly just foreigners contacting me, where alot of them seemed to get banned after short time frame, too. No need for anything in the profile saying anything negative.

UNC2011

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 10:24 AM

I've learned it's better if someone doesn't send something back. Not everyone is going to be interested. If people here are serious about finding the person to spend the rest of your life with then why is it so important that someone reply to your messages? I've had a lot of foreigners read my profile, I haven't received a message from any of them yet but if I do I won't send something back because I'm just not going to be interested. It's a personal preference of mine, it doesn't mean they can't be good Christian people.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not here to find internet friendships, I'm here to find the person to spend the rest of my life with. If it doesn't happen that's fine, I can enjoy the message boards but that's my main purpose for being here.

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 10:49 AM

Chevy, I've seen your senseless comments in other people's posts here, and let me tell you something. What women from your country have, any other girl in the world have too, if you know what I mean... But as I can see, you actually think it's funny foreigner women sending winks at you. Why, are you a xenophobic too? I understand if someone wants to date a person from the same location (there's nothing wrong with that) as long as this person don't offend others and make them feel "small", and the way you talk, you are acting like if it was disgusting any other woman flirting you, and it doesn't sound a real male thing. A real man wouldn't never find disgusting when a woman finds him intersting. *No matter if he wants to date her or not!*

If you think philipines women worth less than women from your country, you should be re-think about Jesus Christ then, because He wasnt born in U.S, so do you still think is it worth to praise Him?!

By the way, during this entire topic, you Shawn or anybody else have comment or haven't shown any argument about those Bible verses that i've posted in my first post. I keep thinking why don't those "Christians men" won't comment about it? :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 11:03 AM

girlwomam--- You sure read things in my comment I never even said. I think Philipine women are very attractive---- how did you see me saying they are disgusting?

I choose to begin a relationship with an American girl cause it's more likely to meet her face to face because of the distance thing.

Why do you always sound so mad? I can't get into a deep discussion with you right now--- I have better things to do.

As for the Bible verses-- are you implying that Philipine women are our enemies?

You should ask God to help you control your anger.

chevy

rainbowian

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 06:46 PM

I'd say it's because Philippine women are less likely to play games then American women are. They have no problem making first contact whereas American women, in general, refuse to do so.

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 08:47 AM

maybe more desperate is the word for it

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 09:09 AM

Chevy are you just dumb or are you playing the devil's role when you contradict and mess up all what these Bible verses says?!

LET'S ALL READ THOSE BIBLE VERSES AGAIN...

:stop:�43 You have heard that it was said, you shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.� 44 �But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous‎. 46 �For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 �If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 �Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(MATTHEW 5:43-48)

:stop:"When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong." (Leviticus 19:33)

"Foreigners living among you will be like your own people. Love them as you love yourself, because you were foreigners living in Egypt. I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19:34)

:stop:"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it" (Hebrews 13:2)

For the cry out loud, you people really like to generalize things. WHERE ON EARTH DID I MENTIONED DATING OR PHILIPINE WOMEN IN MY FIRST POST HERE?

I THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH THOSE WOMEN, ANYWAY THIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM, IM TALKING ABOUT ALL FOREIGNERS IN THIS SITE, MEN AND WOMEN. ACTUALLY, WHERE IN THIS WEBSITE IT IS SAID IT BELONGS ONLY TO NORTH AMERICANS?

Read it careful for this time, Chevy, I think I'm wasting my time with someone like you! Because you've surely already got it, but keep messing what I said so you won't respond my questions. WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ANY ARGUMENT ABOUT THESE BIBLE VERSES? YOUR QUESTION ABOUT PHILIPINE WOMEN BEING ENEMY CAME FROM YOURSELF, NOBODY HAS NEVER TALKED THIS HERE BEFORE. I THINK YOU'VE EXPOSED WHAT YOUR HEART REALLY THINKS ABOUT THEM.

ANYWAY WHATEVER. IT'S WRITTEN EVERYBODY CAN READ AND TAKE YOUR CONCLUSIONS.YOU CAN IGNORE AND CHANGE THE SUBJECT, BUT LIKING OR NOT, YOU HAVE HEARD THE TRUTH.

By the way, if Philipine women are desperate, much worse are North American men in here in their 50's flirting women and asking strangers to marry them, without even knowing the person very well. Is it desperate for someone whose sexual live will end up soon? :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 09:19 AM

desperate maybe, though sounds like they are just trying to play the lottery. They heard about mail order brides throughout their life, and figure they would write foreigners and marry one of them. Anyways, you wouldn't understand, since the mail order phenomenon isn't in your area. Just point them in the right direction. :prayingm:

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 09:33 AM

girl_woman, why are you so angry? you have been replying with anger and hatred this whole thread when people are trying to explain their views. you have been making rude comments towards others and making comments about north americans while you are accusing people of being xenophobic.

you have yet to answer any questions people have asked of you.

you still do not seem to grasp that what people are concerned about with foreign accounts on this site is the large number of scammers.

now please try to understand, PEOPLE ARE NOT SAYING ALL NON AMERICANS ARE SCAMMERS. what they are saying is that there is a large percentage who are on this site. people do not want to try to seperate out those who are scamming and those who are.

regarding the verses. again, no one is saying anything or making generalizations about all non americans or people around the world. people are limiting their interactions on this site because it is free and it attracts scammers. several of us have even tried to provide statistics. treating foreigners correctly according to these verses and avoiding scammers on an internet site are two completely different things.

you again seem to disgregard what i have been saying. as i have said, i have lived and traveled around the world. i have been to over 20 countries, lived in 2 others. i love other cultures. i actually prefer women from other countries. that is why i have not blocked communications from outside the US. what i and others have been saying is that on this site, in this mode of communication, it is hard to seperate out those with bad intentions.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5