Author Thread: Xenophobia
Admin

Xenophobia
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 05:45 AM

:stop:Xenophobia is defined as the "hatred or fear of foreigners or strangers or of their politics or culture".[1] It comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "stranger," "foreigner" and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear."

:stop:Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[3] Xenophobia can also be exhibited in the form of an "uncritical exaltation of another culture" in which a culture is ascribed "an unreal, stereotyped and exotic quality".

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia)

I'm just curious to know how many truly chritians are in this website... you know, I've enjoyed the "living chat" sometimes, and I am suprised to see so many xenophobic people there. Mostly won't talk to someone out of the USA, and when someone from another country try to say a simple "hi" people ignore the person. Why is that? Do people think they will start a relationhip if they say 'hi" back? This is rude, I'm just saying. This is NOT the way a truly Christian should behave.

:stop:�43 You have heard that it was said, you shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.� 44 �But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous‎. 46 �For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 �If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 �Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(MATTHEW 5:43-48)

:stop:(Leviticus 19:33)"When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong."

:stop:"Foreigners living among you will be like your own people. Love them as you love yourself, because you were foreigners living in Egypt. I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19:34)

:stop:"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it" (Hebrews 13:2)

ARE YOU A TRULY CHRISTIAN? SO STOP BEING HYPOCRITICAL AND ACT LIKE ONE.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 02:35 PM

ok...girl_woman

the guys arent saying anything out of order.

unless these specific men are the ones that arent responding to you, it's useless to be upset with them and call names.

ALL of us have had issues with men/women not responding to our winks/msgs or whatever...

Out of 10 messages/winks we may get 1 or 2 responses.

BIG DEAL, you get used to it.

if the men arent responding to you it may very well be because of the distance and like one of the guys said, it's more likely to meet a woman in US face to face than it would be outside our country.

if I go to my winks, i guarantee 75% are from Africa, Filipines and England. So what, american men dont like me either? I dont respond because I purposely have on my profile "If your from another country, I will not respond" or something to that effect.

I know your venting but at the same time your being rather vicious to people who are trying to respond to your post and give you advice.

We would like you to hang out here, we have fun.

River

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 02:58 PM

I'm praying for you girl womam;

I just don't understand why you seem so angry.

LoonyK--- Love the new pic. That cat on your shoulder is adorable!

Deborah

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 03:45 PM

Kamusta? Hujambo? Como Esta Usted? Hello? Hello from the Flatlander:applause:

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 04:08 PM

Girl, I'm an "alien" too (yeah that's the right word :ROFL:) kidding! :goofball: relax girl, as long as I've been here in the forum for a while, these people responding u here are not one of those people u mentioned in your original post. I'm not even sure those people u mentioned in your original post would read this post, this kind of topic has been discussed for a few times. And please, just don't read between the lines, I know that's just what women do, but let's stick to what's written here kay? :winksmile: luv ya, sis! :glow:

Anyhow, speaking of winks, I've got 80% of my winks from American men, so what? Doesn't prove your xenophobic theory, right? As stated before, the people who don't want to "import" their spouse simply just don't wanna spend too thousands dollars for the first date, and it's very logical and understandable. What I read on the news is, statistically, there are more mixed couple here and there, so xenophobic definitely is getting less and lesser. Some of people here had made a good point and it all comes back to our PREFERENCES. Nothing wrong in having preferences. God gives us free will.

Back to your original post, I've been there on the live chat, and tried to blend in but I have no idea what they were talking about so I just left. It's more likely about people's spontaneous responses is to correspond with people they have known before, it happens everywhere regardless of nationality, race and stuff. I didn't think it has something to do with xenophobic, AT ALL.

I'm sorry that you've been hurt, I'm a non American as well and I know what you're going through on this site. Like River said, people just don't respond here (I wonder why), and River is an American woman, so that doesn't prove your theory once again.

*hugs*

Loony, luv your new pic! :ribbit:

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 05:55 PM

girl_womam

I understand you're frustrated that Americans are sometimes rude to what we would call "foreigners." I consider it rude when people don't respond to my messages, but lately I've come to expect that they will just ignore it (and I'm an American, btw). I've corresponded more with "foreigners" than I have with Americans, mainly because I'm only here for friends, so I'm not looking for a date/girlfriend/wife to "bring over here," persay. And so far, these "foreigners" haven't shown themselves to be scammers. That doesn't mean I'm not being careful and watchful for signs.

As has been said several times on this thread, a lot of Americans are very wary of potential scammers and don't want to get burned, so to speak. We realize some "foreigners" are genuine Christians, but we can't know for sure, because CDFF doesn't give us information that specific.

Also, as has been said several times, you have sounded angry in a lot of your posts on this thread. That anger seems rather unfounded, and it seems to be leaving us confused as to why you are coming across this way. Americans ignoring "foreigners" can be frustrating, but there is a better way to respond then to lash out at us here in forums, who are only trying to help you.

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 11:52 AM

kaynine23 nice to see you back :waving:

girl_woman I am sure it is frustrating trying to meet nice people on a dating site no matter where you are from. Yes there are going to be people that won't give you the time of the day. Some people will talk to people no matter where they are from and some will only want to speak to people close enough to meet.

I always say if you want people to talk to you and get to know you start some thing your self. The forums are a great way to let people know what you are about know you. When all they have is your profile it's not really letting them know how you react and respond.

Try sticking around and contributing to some of the threads. Get to know people a bit and don't worry about the ones that aren't interested. There are enough good ones that you just might meet some one special. Even if it's just a friendship.

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 04:39 PM

Hey, Canada I like your new cat picture. it is so kool.

Girl woman why were you so defensive when I said you are an American???? No we do not want to own the whole world.

Jesus loves me has some good points. The people who are not scammers stay on the forums. Jesus loves me has proven herself and she is from the Philliphines.

Note for everybody here, I did go overseas to marry a lady from the Ukraine. I like the eastern European culture.

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 08:11 PM

Dennis, I'm Indonesian :rocknroll:

FYI :ribbit:

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 23 Jan, 2011 10:17 PM

Recently there was a thread which you can find here that dealt with a similar topic. Reading it might be of help :)

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/forum/forum_details.php?topic_id=8177&forum_sub_cat_id=47

Wehm55

View Profile
History
Xenophobia
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 05:17 PM

I have to be honest here......I love Filipino women or most Asian women. I have been to many Asian countries but the truth is, every time I have tried to have a relationship through a site like this, I have been a target of a scam. Not all these women are scamers but the truth is, even the ones who are not, are paying for what the others have done. If you were in our shoes, you would understand.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5