Author Thread: How is your search for love in the cyber world going?
i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
How is your search for love in the cyber world going?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 12:25 PM

Now I know of two couples on this site that are an item but how is it going for the rest? I have been on this site since last summer I think and a lot of the same people are single and around. I have some one and am just on this site for research so I can't put input from your situation.

Are people just too picky for there own good? Possibly overlooking some one worth while in hopes of finding some one better?

Is it too vast? With all the people out there is it hard to build some thing?

How many of you have actually meet and dated some one?

Are you also searching in public (not internet)?

Do you think it makes it easer or harder to approach people in the non internet world after spending a lot of time on places like here?

Thanks in advance for your input.

My best wishes in you finding some one special!

God bless :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 02:12 AM

well, it would be easier if you were allowed to tell about yourself in your profile but the new rule is no writing about yourself or anything will be tolerated or permitted so your asked to just put in your profile to have people email you to find out about you.

Signed, Bonnie

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 10:05 PM

If the search was compared to baseball, I would have struck out already, many times. :laugh: There are some genuine people out there, but most people are full of it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2011 08:54 AM

Its been a blessing for me as I've met the man God has created just for me. I

never thought I'd meet "the one" on line. We plan to get married (God willing)

this Summer. I Love You "edw!"

However, I caution you all as Loony is correct... Although there are some true

sincere folks out there most of them are full of it! Be very careful and Listen

Closely to what God is saying to you!

Hope this helps your research. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2011 09:03 AM

Are people just too picky for there own good?

Probably. I can't get into everyone's head here. Personally, I'm open to whatever/whomever God has in store for me.

Possibly overlooking some one worth while in hopes of finding some one better?

That's mean. If you didn't want to be with him/her, then don't. Second best choice is not a choice. I believe in finding a hubby, not someone who can fill in the spot while my "prince charming" arrives.

Yes, if people are ignorant. If people aren't, probably the "chemistry" of talking would be needed. Otherwise trying to build conversations would be super hard.

Actually I'm off the dating scene since the end of last year, though on whatever God has in mind, I'm fully obedient to Him. I don't block all the access to opposite gender, I'm just befriended with them, and who knows what would turn out from the friendship. It's God who starts and ends it, not me.

I deactivated my account here twice but I couldn't help myself not to join the forum again. The forum is fun! I talk to many people, though people I've been talking to in this site sadly are ignorant. I didn't find this much problem on other sites, and those are secular sites. I have no idea why, the first thing came to my head was my location and it can be somehow related to scammers. But people have preferences and certain degree of manners, I believe :glow:

This is my second account here, my first account was I used about 2 years ago and people were just "friendlier". In the forum, there were no people "whining" on how their messages were not getting any response.

I should have flown there to USA, all were paid of by a guy whom I met here, turned out that things didn't work out between us and I'm glad no money was involved and to hear what my heart said on not to use any man's money unless it would drag us to the aisle. Historically being on a few dating sites, I've got few offerings to come and meet the guy on their expense. This is why I'm surprised that some men here are afraid of getting scammed, while some other men are not afraid to do the "opposite act". A gentle reminder for all of us here that we should be very wise and very careful, both in offering and accepting the offerings. Funnily when I first got the offering I thought "Wow Americans are so generous and trustful!" Hehe

No. As I said, I'm off the dating scene. Though people keep asking why I rejected the men and it's harder to explain in real life with real people around you. They seem quacking on your ears. While on the internet, they can quack and you can always end the conversation :goofball: kidding!

Do you think it makes it easer or harder to approach people in the non internet world after spending a lot of time on places like here?

I'm mostly accessing the internet from my phone, so I don't stare at the monitor all day long. I'm still mobilizing here and there and socializing in real life yet check on the internet world pretty frequent as well.

Good luck for your website, Canada! :glow: let us know how it turns out! :applause: if you need a QA, drop me a line :ribbit:

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2011 08:58 PM

Are people just too picky for there own good? Possibly overlooking some one worth while in hopes of finding some one better?

Just remember when someone tells you that you're being too picky for your own good, that it is not them dating, courting, being in a relationship or marrying the one you're being too picky over. Treat all with kindness, but I would say settle for no less than the criteria that God has laid upon your heart for a partner. I don't believe a God who has the hairs on your head numbered would steer you wrong if you're listening to Him. Would you want someone to 'settle' for you?

I think the sheer volume of profiles tends to be mind and heart numbing. It can create a tendency to treat people like a profile rather than a living, breathing human being created and valued by God.

many moons ago...not recently

I don't search. I live life. The Lord hears my prayers and will bring who I need.

Do you think it makes it eaiser or harder to approach people in the non internet world after spending a lot of time on places like here?

It makes no difference to me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2011 03:45 PM

Not so good,but i'm gonna wait on the Lord for his answer.He KNOWS what is BEST IN LIFE FOR US!!!!!! AMEN!!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2011 01:00 AM

I don't know if people are picky all I can do is speak for myself and I'm taking full advantage of this site and having fun with the forums and chat room ,maybe if you stop forcing on finding someone and enjoy yourself things will change. Just a thought

Seraffa

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2011 12:27 PM

HEY! so glad you brought up this topic. Thank you.

Well I myself have some completely different parameters than many other people I bump into on here who are my chat friends. My search has not beein going so well, actually.

Most dating sites have problems with "world-wide" searches which is what really peeves me...but also what peeves me is that Christian sites have this problem also. I have definite needs in that area and wouldn't mind going to a site that REALLY knows how to let you do a good, advanced search.

The only other problem I see is this: some of the people I try to contact who I think would just make good buddies are getting rude or are really underneath, impatient and selfish. For exasmple, if they don't answer my friendly e-mail. I mail them back and ask them if they could respond. Those who don't remind me of actual people in life who look so nice in a picture, yet wind up acting so nasty in real life if you hang around them long enough. And someone who is patient is exactly the type of person I need. No 'quick fix" for that anywhere in sight, I'm afraid!

Thanks.

Marie7

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2011 06:53 PM

There are some really nice people here but the ones I may be interested in end up already in a relationship with someone they found here. Which I am happy for them.

Since joining this site last year I have unfortunately had the strangest and for the most part rudest treatment. I have had men open the conversation with "what do you do to stay fit?" which okay, can we sometimes get past the flesh and ask something with substance or just a nice "how are you today?"

Even when I have reached out for a friend if my beliefs were not exactly as another I was , well shall I say, not treated with brotherly love.

I would enjoy getting to know someone on all levels. Honesty and patience is really necessary. Sometimes people can be too quick to shoot a person down.

I have found at my age, 53, that a lot of men are set in their ways and it seems hard to break through their perception of the perfect woman. I would love for a person just actually take the time to find out who I am.

It is sad to say I have actually met some nicer men on non Christian sites but I would not move ahead once of course I found out they were not saved. There are born again people on the non Christian sites. It takes awhile to meet up with them though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Feb, 2011 04:44 PM

I've been here since 2009 I think, although I wasn't active for a year. I came back just last month. I find it so hard to connect to people round here because maybe I'm not American, and just yesterday, I found out that most of the guys here have a somewhat pre-conceived idea of us Filipinas as scammers. It is really sad but I also can't blame you guys on being very careful because scammers (Filipinas or not) really do exist. But, I just hope that you all will not put any bias on us Filipinas... that you will also give us a chance to prove who we really are. Anyway, I started out just waiting for someone to write me first. But this year, I thought of doing something different. I decided to write first the guys that seem to be interesting to me. But, I also found out in one of the forums here that it is a big off for guys that the girl write them first. So I don't know... I just surrender everything to God. Afterall, He is the ultimate and best Matchmaker. And even without these dating sites, He can give us our heart's desire.

I haven�t been dating anyone (online or not) because the �right� one for me hasn�t come yet. I�d like to move on to the dating phase only if I can see the guy as a possible husband.

In public, I�m not really searching although I keep myself open to the idea. Here in the Philippines, the majority of people are Catholics, and I�m looking for a real and mature born-again Christian man. In my church, all of the men around my age are already taken. And there was a survey also which I believe to be true, that male population is becoming smaller than the female population making it all the more difficult for a woman at my age to find a partner in life. Plus, my preferences. I prefer to marry someone who hasn�t been married before because I uphold very much what Jesus said in Matthew 5:32 about divorce and adultery. So the possibilities are narrowed down. For me, I think to search here is not really a good idea, that is why I am expanding my horizon to other people in other countries. Who knows, maybe he is just out there waiting for me to go out of me shell here.

I think it is easier to approach people on the internet but then again, because of preconceived ideas, it makes it hard to.

Page : 1 2 3