Author Thread: How is your search for love in the cyber world going?
i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
How is your search for love in the cyber world going?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 12:25 PM

Now I know of two couples on this site that are an item but how is it going for the rest? I have been on this site since last summer I think and a lot of the same people are single and around. I have some one and am just on this site for research so I can't put input from your situation.

Are people just too picky for there own good? Possibly overlooking some one worth while in hopes of finding some one better?

Is it too vast? With all the people out there is it hard to build some thing?

How many of you have actually meet and dated some one?

Are you also searching in public (not internet)?

Do you think it makes it easer or harder to approach people in the non internet world after spending a lot of time on places like here?

Thanks in advance for your input.

My best wishes in you finding some one special!

God bless :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2011 05:22 AM

Well Cyber Dating is something still relatively new for most people. I don't think anyone really wants to meet someone online. I think because most of us are busy with work and don't have the time sometimes to meet people we've decided to give online dating a chance. It's not the worst thing to meet someone online. Yes, they are some people that you're going to talk to online and will never talk to again because that person might be incompatible for you or you may have "bad vibes" about the person, but apart from that, you can find an honest, decent and respectable man or woman online. No, it's not impossible!

As for being too picky, I don�t know. What is too picky? Everyone has a particular set of standards and values and everyone wants someone who is compatible with those standards and values. We can�t choose someone to be with because someone else said that the person is a good match for us, we have to determine ourselves if that person is a good match for us. Relationships in my opinion are all about commonality and compatibility. The more we have in common, are the more compatible we are with the persons we choose the date, the better a match that person may be for us, and this has nothing to do with being picky. Remember too we can�t live our lives to please someone else. We have to live our lives for us. People often label other people as being �too� picky if that person says they�re not interested in a person they might have had in mind for them to date. Or they have actually dated and have found that they�re not a good match with that person. Again, we can�t live our lives to please people and we have to do choose people that we feel comfortable and compatible with who share our values and commonality.

Alekk

living4himru

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2011 09:34 AM

Oh my goodness... I just got off the phone with one person (first conversation ever) and a he was already talking about moving in with me and how well his daughter would fit in, that he doesn't have a job, but could cook, clean, garden, etc... Geesh!

I asked him a few simple questions about his walk with the Lord, determined that we weren't equally yoked and told him so.

Makes me not even want to see what's out there sometimes. Of course, that's just my luck. (just an expression...don't really believe in luck)

Page : 1 2 3