Author Thread: a few different questions
Admin

a few different questions
Posted : 5 Oct, 2008 07:27 PM

ok i have a few questions for the women.

first i don't have a pic on my profile and i have only received two responses from people on this site. now i let people know i am only really looking for friends through this site right now but i just never even get a polite reply saying they aren't interested. the reason i don't put a picture up though is because i think it changes perceptions and i am not interested in shallow women, even as friends.

second, why do women like bad boys so much? even when they talk about how all they care about is God, when it comes down to it, it doesn't seem like they really want to talk or date nice good Christian guys. thats confusing.

and lastly, i have made a few friends online that are women. whats interesting to me is that they are willing to talk to you alot, but if they say get a boyfriend they ignore you after that. they will say all they are looking for is friends at the time but once they find a boyfriend, even though they aren't supposedly looking for one, they stop communicating with you completely. that makes no sense.

anyways... anyone have any thoughts on these things?

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2008 03:48 AM

You just haven't met the right women yet...Keep your chin up...there are some good ones out there who really would enjoy being your friend...take care.

Robin

Shai

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 01:29 PM

1. Pictures are important to girls because it's the Internet. You know how scary it is to talk to someone without a face? What if it's someone lying about their age? What if I think I'm talking to someone my age and really he's like 80?! Ew. Pictures are about more than making judgments. It's our way of deciding weather to trust you or not.

2. Women don't like bad boys on purpose, and more importantly, what is the definition of "bad boys?" Christian girls are like most other girls in that we like confident guys who can make us laugh. If you can do that then it'll be fine. Bad boy doesn't mean cussing or being disrespectful... just be confident. "Nice guys" who complain about "bad boys" are usually just shy guys looking for an excuse.

3. Ladies naturally want to spend time with their sweety more than other guys, and some may not continue certain friend relationships with guys after they have a boyfriend because it's unnecessary, that gap is filled. If you weren't REALLY good friends with them then they'd probably just let it go. Its the Internet, perfect for temporary friendships and no personal contact or responsibility. Sad, but true.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2008 12:15 AM

i can understand pictures being important, but on the other hand i have seen alot of pictures on profiles that i would think are fake, and i'm sure both men and women probably put up fake pictures. so just because there is a pic doesn't mean you can trust it.

i can be shy, but i also know that you see alot of guys convince women they are good Christian guys, when you know in fact they aren't. and the Christian girls buy into it. women can like the nice Christian guys as friends but alot of women are more interested in the fun of dating. i'm sure that when guys find a women that is tired of the games of dating that those facts change, because then they are looking for the nice guy to settle down with, its just a shame it usually takes that long for most women to look that way. though i don't want to stereotype women because women are all different, and it could be just the ones i have met.

i don't really think i am going to meet the person i marry on the internet, i am mainly using this site for friends. so i am not to concerned, and i know in the end i will find the women God has for me. but sometimes just find women's actions interesting and try and figure them out, and i think that women probably do the same thing. though maybe i am wrong.

sweetangel2585

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Oct, 2008 06:54 AM

Although pics can be important its not a big deal to me anyways. Although I do wonder if the person I am talking to is for real i mean it is the internet and I am new to this. I also agree with you and that some of the pics ive seen dont' look to real but who am I to judge! As for girls, wanting bad boys! What is the real meaning to "bad boys". I mean some girls prefer that type but there are many terms for them. Some just want to meet someone who is honest, fun, trustworth, devoted christian, and so on! it doesnt necessarily mean all girls want bad boys it jsut that some girls are looking for something in particular! Don't be discouraged though God has someone planned for you! Keep on being who you are! I know if a guy like you was in my area I would be honored! God Bless!!!:angel:

LivingforGod53

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2008 01:44 PM

It does make sense to me. I think that the people on here are on here for the most part because it's sad, but it is REALLY hard to find a guy/girl who truly lives their life for God. Well, like you, we don't really expect to find the person we're going to marry online, but we do know that with God as the foundation that anything is possible and that God's will is PERFECT! So basically we are all on this dating site thinking " just maybe?" Ok, now back to your question as to why a girl (who suppossedly is not looking for a boyfriend) would stop talking to you when she gets a boyfriend? Take me for example. I was on this site a few months back, not particularly looking for anything more than a friendship, and met a guy who I really connected with. We started emailing, then IMing, then talking on the phone every night. He flew me to see him in OH and we decided we wanted to be in a committed relationship. When you find someone and know that you want to be with them, then it's not right, in my eyes to really have friends of the opposite sex.Jesus wants us to avoid temptation, and the opposite sex, at any given time, can become tempation whether we think so or not. We both took our profiles off of here so I did just what that girl did. Stopped talking to everyone but him. I didn't do it to be mean or hurtful and I'm certain she didn't either. It's just when you meet someone who has all of the qualities you're looking for in a future husband or wife, why would you continure to look? If you have a girlfiriend/boyfriend they should be most important to you and you should let them know that they are it for you. I'm not saying that you can't have the friends that you had before you met this person at all, but come on...to continue talking to a guy/girl you met on this dating site? Not a chance. We broke up due to the fact that he doesn't want to leave his church and family, which I can completely understand and respect, but that is why I'm back on here. I hope this helps in one way or another :) Take care and God Bless! There is still someone who is waiting to find that connection with you! :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2008 01:46 AM

Hey, I know that bitterness, and its still something to move on from. But,think about it...

Are you really looking for the kind of girl that falls for the bad boy dirthead?

Avoid them at all costs, don't be the guy that "waits" for them to turn around... That's not being the nice guy, it's being manipulated. In my book, that's also called settling.

As far as photos... I honestly wouldn't seriously pursue someone without seeing what they look like. (sorry e-harmony) It would be unfair for both of us to get caught up in any emotional ties...only to find out one, if not both us, aren't physically attracted to each other. (how horrible!) Also, regarding the online friends topic---- I have to agree that maintaining a close friendship with someone of the opposite sex while beginning or being in a bf/gf relationship (let alone engaged or especially married) is not a good idea. This might sound a bit harsh, but I believe that it is incredibly difficult for any guy and girl to have a -close friendship- without one or both developing feelings for each other. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I am saying, if in a relationship with someone else.... then it's a danger.

twinklep

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2008 09:37 AM

hi liked ur profile but just a bit out of your age range if u might be interested i'm twinklep 39 years old but look like i'm in my 20's -so everyone says anyway! just in case its ambiguous who this is for the guy doin the MA theology who his friend thinks has a character like robin williams!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2008 02:54 AM

I agree with everything she said....you couldn't have said it better sister!

Pilgrim52

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 01:00 PM

Just a wink for twink...who does not judge a book by its cover...:ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2009 10:14 AM

:waving::glow:

Page : 1 2