Author Thread
LittleDavid

View Profile
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 21 Mar, 2023 06:37 PM

Wonder, you are reaching out in desperation when you appeal to Herod taking his brother’s wife. Nobody would defend Herod’s obvious sinful adultery.

But abusing this scripture in defense of abusing the rest of scripture you’ve abused already is the only thing you have left.

By way of review let’s rehearse your scripture twisting:

1) you lift portions of scripture out of context to make your case in flagrant disregard of the context intended by Holy Spirit.

2) you ignorantly insist that John Calvin would support your false views—which he does not.

3) you resist common sense rules of literary interpretation,

first, by ignoring the original context,

second, by ignoring the original author’s intention,

third, by ignoring the original language that the Holy Spirit used to inspired the Holy Scripture and

forth, you ignorantly believe the KJV is the “original scripture”. You refuse to understand that a “version” cannot be an original copy‼️‼️‼️ I repeat—-a version is a copy of an earlier form‼️‼️

4) so on you go, remaining confident in your incompetence

LittleDavid

View Profile
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 08:38 PM

Anyone like (Wonder) who actually thinks the KJ >>VERSION<< is the “original Bible” has proven their biblical incompetence.

You can’t make this stuff up‼️‼️

Worse yet, he appears to rip Bible verses from their original contexts in order to craft his own custom built divorce and remarriage remake—and then he calls that biblical‼️‼️

Lots of Bible wackers hack, chop up and paste together scripture in order to make it say what they want

LittleDavid

View Profile
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 10:21 AM

Yes, Satan is cunning and crafty.

Clearly he has convinced you to overlook Holy Spirit revelation by side stepping the linguistic method applied by the Holy Spirit in understanding his word

LittleDavid

View Profile
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 08:18 AM

Like I’m saying, I agree the Bible is clear about divorce and remarriage but here we seem to disagree on the correct biblical interpretation.

Your conclusion clearly doesn’t follow the logical rules of biblical interpretation.

You are appear to have supplied your own personal interpretation to those passages without the benefit or acknowledgement of the author’s original intended meaning.

Some of the rules of Bible interpretation are as follows. First, we observe the historical setting in which a certain passage was written and to whom it was written. We ask why was this passage written?

If the passage addresses a particular concern, we inquire about that particular concern.

We also consult the original language in which the passage was originally written and we study its grammatical structure and its application in the greater context—in which it was found.

Have you done ANY or that? Or are you simply placing your confidence in someone else’s unqualified opinion?

LittleDavid

View Profile
What's going on with California trying to pass laws !
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 02:18 AM

Good point!

LittleDavid

View Profile
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 02:15 AM

Some of what you say makes sense but sadly and obviously you don’t understand biblical marriage or divorce and remarriage.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Traditional vs Feminist Women
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 02:05 AM

Another whoops—a double copy whoops. Oh well😇😉

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 01:58 AM

BIG WHOOPS‼️‼️‼️‼️

I thought pressing “cancel message” meant CANCEL message—as in deleting message. Lesson learned—never press cancel to delete—apparently cancel, on here, means the same as “send message” 🤔

Anyway, my original intent was to copy your message and react to certain parts of it before intelligently revising my remarks for publication but obviously and EMBARRASSINGLY that didn’t happen—after all, I’m responding to a teacher and of course l didn’t want to come across as being too unpolished LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to say, nothing wrong with a biblically independent proffessional woman having her own biblically orientated opinions. A good example of that might be the Proverbs woman.

Also, nothing is wrong with the kind of godly singleness described by the Apostle Paul.

You’re right, many times we don’t understand God’s purposes in allowing suffering—Job didn’t either. In regard to Job’s suffering we have the advantage of divine revelation. Job may never have known about Satan’s meetings with God—perhaps not at that time. But the most important take away from Job’s horrific experience is his faith and trust in God (ultimately initiated by God’s personal work of sanctification in Job). Conclusion: God’s work of sanctification and purification cannot be destroyed by Satan.

And that also speaks to your tragic experiences as an abuse survivor. The fact you still trust in the Sovereign God of creation despite your Job-like experience speaks volumes. Clearly Satan did not succeed in destroying the sanctifying work of God in your life throughout those difficult days.

Having said all that, I assume you are a true worshiper of God and that Jesus Christ is your only Lord and Master.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 01:50 AM

BIG WHOOPS‼️‼️‼️‼️

I thought pressing “cancel message” meant CANCEL message—as in deleting message. Lesson learned—never press cancel to delete—apparently cancel, on here, means the same as “send message” 🤔

Anyway, my original intent was to copy your message and react to certain parts of it before intelligently revising my remarks for publication but obviously and EMBARRASSINGLY that didn’t happen—after all, I’m responding to a teacher and of course l didn’t want to come across as being too unpolished LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to say, nothing wrong with a biblically independent proffessional woman having her own biblically orientated opinions. A good example of that might be the Proverbs woman.

Also, nothing is wrong with the kind of godly singleness described by the Apostle Paul.

You’re right, many times we don’t understand God’s purposes in allowing suffering—Job didn’t either. In regard to Job’s suffering we have the advantage of divine revelation. Job may never have known about Satan’s meetings with God—perhaps not at that time. But the most important take away from Job’s horrific experience is his faith and trust in God (ultimately initiated by God’s personal work of sanctification in Job). Conclusion: God’s work of sanctification and purification cannot be destroyed by Satan.

And that also speaks to your tragic experiences as an abuse survivor. The fact you still trust in the Sovereign God of creation despite your Job-like experience speaks volumes. Clearly Satan did not succeed in destroying the sanctifying work of God in your life throughout those difficult days.

Having said all that, I assume you are a true worshiper of God and that Jesus Christ is your only Lord and Master.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 01:07 AM

So much of our communication depends on how we define the terms we use and the context in which they are spoken. I even read a 'sister' who berated 'independent' women saying "most of them are still single". as if this is some kind of insult - well, we're used to this insult from the world but shouldn't be coming from fellow Christians, considering what Paul wrote about singleness.

an abuse survivor which probably also has a lot to do with it. I don't understand why God allows some of us to suffer more than others, or why some of us have to carry more. I know that suffering has forged my character and that it's often required to follow Christ.

marriage is difficult or can b blissful - singleness is difficult or can be blissful. it's easy to look from 'one side of the fence' and imagine someone else somehow has it easier. The truth is, in this fallen world, in the human condition - none of us has it easier, even if it seems so.

woman who can have her own thoughts and opinions

Page : 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125