Author Thread
LittleDavid

View Profile
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 04:53 PM

W&T: There is always a divide in our opinions. In oneself, there are many divides. You could argue a thousand points within yourself alone without there being any other person upon this site or upon the earth. We have arguments within ourselves. We can represent all sides.

LD: Yet another argument from silence. Please list the contrary arguments that you’re alluding to. I’ve been on this site for quite some time and my arguments are fairly consistent.

W&T: Billy Graham represented Christ and him crucified and him raised from the dead and him being the Son of God who came to take away the sin of the world and that whoever put his faith in him would be saved. He was pretty simple in that. The simple Gospel Good News!

LD: I agree but that’s only when he stuck to evangelism. It’s the other stuff he taught that makes him controversial. Even Mormons preach the gospel but it’s the other stuff they add to it that makes them cultish

W&T: Yes, we are all wrong on somethings. We are usually not wrong on everything.

LD: I agree, but some people are unlike Peter, they won’t admit error even when it is clearly presented to them

W&T: But I have reasons to question my own judgment. I am not the standard for truth.

LD: I agree with you 100%, l question your judgements too, especially on this thread. 😇

W&T: The idea is that the Bible is the standard for truth and reliable. But therein, there are many disagreements that don't end.

LD: The Bible IS the standard, you’re right. So when are you going to join me in defending its truth instead of defending those who create false disagreements and who make the truth unclear? 😇

LittleDavid

View Profile
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 04:48 PM

Furthermore, if your invalid interpretation of, “God being the same yesterday…” is correct, then God is still creating the earth and Jesus must still be on the cross‼️

God and Jesus are the same but only in the sense the Holy Spirit intended to convey the concept of sameness. I would encourage you to check out the fuller context of that verse

W&T: I think Billy Graham did his job while on earth. I think he led more to Christ than he led away from Christ. I think colleges have led away more people from Jesus Christ than Billy Graham ever had. I do not know one person that Billy Graham led away from the Lord…”

LD: These are more invalid arguments from silence. You continue to beg the question with your propositions that begin with, “I think…”. This is how evolutionists argue for evolution.

W&T: ”…unless by his teaching Billy has led you away from the Lord by his opinion on some topic that was not the Gospel.

LD: Billy Graham did not lead me away from Christ or the gospel. Billy Graham led me away from Billy Graham

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 04:46 PM

W&T: Many people gained faith in Jesus Christ because of Billy Graham.

LD: True

W&T: One of his crusades was in the Soviet Union and the Red Army beautifully sang a hymn. The world was amazed and astounded. It was a beautiful rendition in a country that was known for Hating God and being atheists. That itself was a miracle deserving of attention. Rick Renner being in Russia and having a gospel outreach out of Russia by his own words was "UNLIKELY" but God made it happen.

LD: If you think communists, who are hardcore atheists and God haters, were suddenly willing to allow God into their country, think again. Communists are known for staging media events strictly for its positive optics to sway world opinion. This is a well known fact. Do you honestly believe the communist allowed an uncensored Russian Bully Graham crusade to air all over on communist networks⁉️Things like this are designed for worldwide consumption not so the Russian people will repent.

You don’t become a hardened warrior in the Red Army by bowing to Christianity‼️‼️ Pretending to be Christian is an old trick played by all kinds of communists and Nazis. Why do you think travel routes through communist countries go through wealthy neighborhoods instead of neighborhoods made poor by communist economic policies. Nice neighborhoods no doubt belong to members of the ruling class and travel routes are supposed to showcase communist “prosperity”⁉️ It’s all about propaganda‼️

W&T: God is the same yesterday, today and forever. So miracles must still happen. There are moving's of God that are not noticed by us. Nonetheless, they are there. I do not see everything that is going on. I do not notice everything that is going on. Still a vast and infinite wealth of things with infinite detail is going on before us without our notice or knowledge and God holds it all together in the palm of his hand. I don't know the detail. But God does.

LD: This is an invalid argument from silence. You said earlier that God is the same yesterday and today, now you’re implying he’s different because nowadays nobody can see his modern miracles! When Jesus and the Apostles were on earth, their miracles were performed in public or the public was clearly aware of them. But you’re saying miracles happen today but no one sees them or knows about them? So which is it?

LittleDavid

View Profile
Moonlight just said, “All the gifts are still active in the "Body of Christ" today.”
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 12:43 PM

So far, moonlight’s missing miracles remain at large😇

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 12:39 PM

Please read 2 Samuel 13 in its entirety and see if you can find a trace of Ammon’s “unconstitutional sacrificial (agape) love” for Tamar!!

Dictionaries help us define the various ranges of meanings a word has but the context in which the word appears determines which range of meaning applies

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 12:23 PM

Unconditional love, I mean.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 12:21 PM

W&T, I’m still in the process of answering your previous questions and comments but I don’t mind you posting more.

But you tend to post more things you don’t understand.

For example, your misunderstanding of agape love.

Words, including biblical words for love, are defined by context not necessarily by the words range of meaning.

Check out agape love as translated in the following verse from the Septuagint into English from 2 Samuel 13:15

And Amnon hated her with very great hatred, for so great was the hatred with which he hated her, greater wickedness than was at the first and far more than the love with which he loved her. And Amnon said to her, “Get up and get out!” (2 Samuel 13 and see if you can find self-sacrificing love in action.

Don’t take my word for it, look it up for yourself. Clearly Amnon “loved” (agaped) Tamar so much he raped her. So where’s the “sacrificial agape” love you’re speaking about?

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 08:57 AM

W&T: Many young people have lost their faith because they went to college.

Many young people have lost their faith because they took a religious class in college where the teacher put down their religion and made fun of everything that they were taught prior to coming to college.

LD: You’re right but the reason they lost their faith was because they were not sufficiently well grounded biblically to withstand atheists assaults 

W&T: Not many people have lost their faith because of Billy Graham.

LD: According to polling of young people, the kind of preaching similar to Billy Graham’s and others who question the Genesis account of creation, most certainly impacted the immature faith of maturing young people. This has been proven. 

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 08:52 AM

I said: “Sense Billy Graham’s type of love must be self made because he says his type of love isn’t doctrinal”.

Not only did I use the wrong kind of sense (since) but wording was also awkward

Shoulda said: Billy Graham’s type of love must be a self-made kind of love because, according to him, his type of love isn’t doctrinal

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 08:46 AM

Christlike love, I mean, not “Christlike live”

Page : 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23