Author Thread
LittleDavid

View Profile
All is about faith, there is no doubt in that, but who has faith ?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2021 09:11 AM

Adam why would you quote a verse (Genesis 33:10) that contains part of a conversation between Jacob and his brother Esau? Jacob was comparing the seeing the face of Esau to seeing the face of God.

This is an ever reoccurring matter that challenges the credibility of your posts because you insist on whimsically and frivolously quoting portions of scripture out of context

LittleDavid

View Profile
Christian or Secular, is There a Difference?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2021 12:12 AM

LIttleDavid: I’m copying your post using QUOTE and END QUOTE per section of your post above. My responses and remarks per section will follow my name.

QUOTE “One might argue that all things are sacred. By that I mean that God is the Creator of all things (your example of sand). One might also go so far as propose that even in your example of Jimmy, we find the sacred. By that I mean that Jimmy's actions are in agreement with God's truth that we are all fallen creatures in need of a Savior.” END QUOTE

LIttleDavid: yes, as you say, “One might also go so far as propose...”. Of course, one may proceed to propose anything but it’s entirely something more to propose something logically. You err logically when you equivocate the neutrality and specificity of my sand analogy by fallaciously introducing the universality of “all things”.

QUOTE: “However, if we look to the Scriptures, as we should, the Greek word "hieros" is translated as sacred. It's etymology is unknown, but it generally means, "offered in sacrifice, consecrated to God." Examples include the sacrificial offerings. Thayer's Greek Lexicon has, "its primary sense is thought to be mighty." “ END QUOTE

LIttleDavid: Here, you not only committed the “etymological fallacy” but you also overlooked the significance of contextual relevance. For example, etymological origins usually have nothing to do with determining which range of meaning the current contextual usage draws from a term. Secondly, whatever the Greek word hieros “generally means” (your words) is irrelevant especially when the context calls for specific understanding.

QUOTE: “The word "secular" does not appear in any English translations of the Bible other than the NLT where it's used where other versions have "unrighteous."END QUOTE

LIttleDavid: False argument, you undermine the logical validity of your own argument by not clearly defining your premise. The fact that many theological words are not used in the Bible, (which includes the term “Bible” BTW), does not inform your argument countering my application of the term “secular”. Your reasoning is not necessarily altogether false but it most certainly is unsound.

QUOTE: “I would suggest that the issue of music should fall under the guidelines of 1 Corinthians 10. We have an obligation to do all things for the glory of God, but we do not have a right to impose specific laws upon another that God has not specified. God has not said, "Don't listen to Johnny Cash, Mozart, Neil Young, Celine Dion," etc. so we should not impose that upon another. If we are concerned that a brother's or sister's choice of music might be harmful for them, we should pray for them and allow the Holy Spirit to bring the conviction. Even music that we might consider vile, filled with messages of adultery, drug use, etc., could be used by God to move that person to participate in ministry to fight those things. We just don't know.”END QUOTE

LIttleDavid: Quite false. This is an abuse of the clearly defined 1 Corinthian 10 guidelines. The matters raised in this and adjacent scripture are not only relevant to neutral activities such as the day to meet or foods to eat but also to examples of the kinds of sinful activities to avoid completely. In addition, l clearly discussed in sufficient detail the point you raised here. Did you read all my comments?

Apparently you’re not sufficiently acquainted with the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 10. This chapter does not condone sinful activities like praising the kind of sin God hates.

You would do well to better inform yourself concerning the scripture you chose to post

To the contrary! We do know.

LittleDavid

View Profile
HELP HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 10:44 PM

The Lord has given me power to Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils. Inform me of your prayer requests anything at all and I will pray to the Father on your behalf in the name of Jesus and you will get your sign.

Just for starters, would you be so kind as to speak more exclusively about the dead you’ve raised?

Please add some detail as well, like how long were the “dead” dead before they were brought back?

Do you have a collection of death certificates on file of the grateful dead restored to life ? Let em give testimony.

Now be honest, don’t forget to mention O’Joe. You know, O’Joe—our there resting in peace (RIP)—-finally free from nagging o’wife of his—-here you come raiding him from the dead !! Now the poor dude is back where he started from

Now that man can’t be none to happy but let him testify—let the dude testify ANYway!

LittleDavid

View Profile
Did you know that “Jesus does not save?”
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 10:18 PM

WHAAAAAA!! ??

Try reading an unabridged Bible

LittleDavid

View Profile
How do you differentiate one woman from another?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 07:11 PM

As for “why can’t they tell the difference...”?

The following context doesn’t have anything necessarily to do with the topic at hand but perhaps the principle applies.

1 Corinthians 2:14 NASB But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Or

1 Corinthians 2:14

New International Version

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God(A) but considers them foolishness,(B) and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

LittleDavid

View Profile
How do you differentiate one woman from another?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 07:01 PM

There are several ways to differentiate a wise woman from a foolishness one.

Here’s one way:

Proverbs 9:7If you correct conceited people, you will only be insulted. If you reprimand evil people, you will only get hurt. 8Never correct conceited people; they will hate you for it.

But if you correct the wise, they will respect you. 9Anything you say to the wise will make them wiser. Whatever you tell the righteous will add to their knowledge.

But sometimes a maturing wise woman might at first reject correction but receive it upon further reflection.

But no matter how respectfully and politely correction is delivered to a foolish woman she will resent it entirely. Some foolish women might even appear to accept correction but inwardly resent it.

It doesn’t matter how pretty the outward form, a pig is still a pig no matter how lovely the ring in its nose.

Proverbs 11:12 “Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”

LittleDavid

View Profile
my humbling experience
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 06:29 PM

Never pick a fight with a sledge hammer just because the handle is made of wood !!! LOL!

LittleDavid

View Profile
Life with Kung Flu
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 06:24 PM

Nice topic but what happened to everybody ???

LittleDavid

View Profile
Anyone from earth?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 06:21 PM

Anyone from earth??

LittleDavid

View Profile
winterize your home save 777% on your heating bill using a bic lighter
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 06:17 PM

Those who think they’ve reached sinless perfectionism don’t need to confess sin on a daily basis like the Lord’s Prayer suggests because they believe themselves perfect. They’ve redefined and refined sin to the point their sin is not really sin anymore. Some claim to make only “mistakes” now that they’ve reached sinless perfectionism

Page : 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419