Author Thread
LittleDavid

View Profile
What type of life does Messiah promise to His people, health and wealth OR life with different results !
Posted : 5 Nov, 2018 11:46 AM

I appreciate a lot of your comments.

I have some pretty good friends, who are dear to me, who believe the same as you and I respect them.

One of the troubles with the modern practice of “speaking in tongues” is its lack of linguistic structure. Linguistic structure and order must exist for a language to convey genuine meaning. Absence of structure reduces verbal sound to meaninglessness.

“Tongues” is KJV terminology denoting spoken language. At least 3 Greek words are used in scripture to denote spoken language. They are glossa, phoneo and dialekto. The precise meaning of each word is determined by its contextual usage. But no biblical term is used to endorse utterances that are void of meaning.

There are ways to determine if a string of vocalization is real language. Maybe a recording of the sound could be sent to a professional linguist. This would identify the language or at least determine it the sound manifests structure. BTW this has been done.

Linguistic analysis can easily identify even the native language of a wanna-be tongue talker simply by examining the “tongue talking” sample. This is because false tongue speakers often jumble phonemes and bits of speech that are basic to their native language!!

Sadly too many Christians follow the example of these false tongue talkers, honestly assuming they are speaking a biblical tongues.

Wanna be “tongue interpreters” are easily exposed as well. One fellow took a seat at a “tongues” meeting one evening and recited the 23rd Psalm in Russian. An “interpreter”, who was obviously unfamiliar with the Russian tongue, stood up confidently and totally misinterpreted the language!! The person reciting the 23rd Psalm then revealed the fact how he had recited the Psalm in Russian thus exposing the false interpreter. Unfortunately the the man exposing the false interpretation was promptly removed.

LittleDavid

View Profile
End times dreams, revelation... Any watchmen on here ?
Posted : 4 Nov, 2018 08:03 PM

I want my comments to be respectful and l hope I accomplished that in the above and here as well.

Wanted to ad some more. The best and 100% acurate prophecies yet to be fulfilled are found in Jesus statements from the gospels, the book of Revelations and the book of Daniel. This would be the best place to start.

But also be aware of false prophets who can be identified by their distortion of Gods word, false miracles and whose prophecies fail

LittleDavid

View Profile
End times dreams, revelation... Any watchmen on here ?
Posted : 4 Nov, 2018 07:54 PM

None so far.

Would be “end time prophets and watchmen” have come and gone over the past 2000 years because their prophecies lack specific details and they fail in the short term.

Biblical prophets often issued short term prophecies that were highly detailed and specific. These short term prophecies **always** came to past **exactly** as prophecized in order to establish prophets prophetic futuristic credibility.

The trouble with modern prophetic watchmen, voodoo practitioners and prognosticators of various stripes is forecast disfunction.

The qualification for a true prophet of God is simple 100% accuracy. God’s prophets are 100% accurate because God is truthful and 100% accurate. On the other hand, any prophet of old was disqualified with as much as **one** failed prophecy, one detail. What does that tell you about today’s wanna be prognosticators with their multiple errors

LittleDavid

View Profile
ARE THERE REALLY CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE
Posted : 4 Nov, 2018 07:19 PM

Ok, glad the verse in proverbs doesn’t qualify as contradiction either.

Any other so-called “contradictions” to expose?

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 07:01 PM

I’ve just now started looking at “iron sharpening iron”. I found the following but I’m still trying to find something on the topic relating closer to the time the Proverbs passage was written.

IRON SHAPENING IRON

If one of the pieces is heated up significantly, it becomes ductile and hence can be sharpened by the other one. ... So the metaphor is nice, and makes sense, it is not practical in modern societies to use iron to sharpen iron, but steel is another case, where alloying iron makes for a good sharpening tool.

Metallurgy: Does iron really sharpen iron? - ...

Quora › Metallurgy-Does-iron-really-sha...

Feedback

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 06:41 PM

Really interesting stuff there about different kinds of metals. I’m not much of a metallurgist. I think years ago I had an elective class on materials that may have touched on metals but l’m still pretty much ignorant about all that. Blacksmithing sounds like an intriguing topic.

This is the first time I heard about the metal sharpening metal problem. Thank you for mentioning it. I’m on it!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
would you date someone who is not physically attracted ?
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 04:10 PM

I understand what you’re saying.

I think it was my nephew who told told me my face is funnier than my jokes, can’t remember if it was him! But that sounds like him. We get along just fine. But if it’s true my face is funnier than my jokes, I might become the first comedian in history who without a single joke cracks up the entire audience just by appearing on stage. I guess my nephew would consider that a pretty good punchline!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 01:59 PM

Does anyone want to share a particular but troublesome “contradiction” in the Bible for us to search?

You’re welcome introduce it here

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 01:53 PM

I copied the above article from Ken Ham’s book: Demolishing Supposed Bible Contradictions, Volume 1

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 01:43 PM

What’s in a Father’s Name?

by Bodie Hodge on March 2, 2009

Why does Joseph (Jesus’s supposed father) have two different fathers listed in Matthew 1:16 and Luke 3:23?

Matthew 1:16

And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ.

Luke 3:23

Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli.

First, a few preliminary comments need to be addressed. Luke’s genealogy is complete, and Matthew’s is merely a selected one. Matthew’s genealogy was not meant to be complete according to Matthew 1:17, where it is specifically broken into groups of 14.

The two genealogies trace through two of David’s sons, and both trace to Abraham. Matthew focuses on the kingly relationship through David and, ultimately, to the Jewish patriarch Abraham. However, Luke doesn’t stop there. He continues to trace Christ’s genealogy back to Adam. Luke focuses more on the humanity of Christ going back to Adam, where sin and death first entered into creation—hence the need for a Savior in the first place.

Another note is that both genealogies are aware of Mary’s virgin birth. For example Matthew says: “Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom (feminine) was born Jesus.” Luke is more obvious in that he says: “being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph.”

With regards to the alleged “two fathers” of Joseph, the explanation of the differences between Matthew 1 and Luke 3 is quite simple. Luke traced Christ’s lineage through Mary, while Matthew traced it through Joseph.

Matthew’s Genealogy

One of the main reasons Matthew is recording Joseph’s lineage is due to Jeconiah (variant spellings: Jechonias, Jehoiakim). He is listed in Matthew 1:11. Because of Jeconiah’s actions, a prophecy came down that none of his descendants would ever sit on the throne of David. Jesus, who forever sits on this throne, could not have been a physical descendant of Jeconiah (Jeremiah 22:30). A virgin birth would obviously prevent this.

This indicates that Matthew’s genealogy is Joseph’s, and this confirms the significance of the feminine verbiage. When Matthew mentioned Joseph’s wife, Mary, at the end of the genealogical list, he used the feminine form for the parent of Jesus. This reveals that Jesus was indeed Mary’s son and not Joseph’s.

Luke’s Genealogy

When looking at Luke 3, the genealogical list is strictly men from Jesus to Adam, whereas in Matthew’s list, some women were included, such as Tamar, Ruth, and so on. So, if this were a genealogy of Mary, then she would be listed.

JOSEPH, WHEN HE MARRIED MARY, BECAME THE SON OF HELI ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF MOSES AND COULD LEGALLY BE INCLUDED IN THE GENEALOGY.

Moreover, in the genealogy, Heli is listed as the father of Joseph, who had 2 daughters. The first is Mary, and the other was Zebedee’s unnamed wife (Matthew 27:56; John 19:25). When there were no sons to preserve the inheritance in accordance with the Law of Moses (Numbers 27:1–11; Numbers 36:1–12), the husband would become the son upon marriage to keep up the family name. Therefore, Joseph, when he married Mary, became the son of Heli according to the Law of Moses and could legally be included in the genealogy.

Also, in Luke’s genealogy the form is different from that of Matthew’s. Matthew’s list gives the father and who they begot (Greek gennao). In Luke the form is different, where X is the son of Y. But more precisely, the word son is absent in Greek, but only inserted into English so we can better understand it. The only place where son is used in the Greek is in verse 23 where Jesus was the supposed son of Joseph, of Heli, of Matthat, of Levi, and so on.

Luke is being very precise. Jesus was thought to be the son of Joseph, who was of Heli. Notice that Luke never said that Joseph was the son of Heli in the Greek. This reduces the alleged contradiction to nothing and shows that Luke’s genealogy is Mary’s—with Joseph’s name listed due to inheritance laws—and Matthew’s genealogy is Joseph’s.

Page : 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717