Author Thread
LittleDavid

View Profile
ARE THERE REALLY CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 01:32 PM

THAT’S IT!!

The separate accounts are different because each represents a different line, one for Mary and one for Joseph.

I’m going to copy and paste an article that explains the genealogies in greater detail.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 11:31 AM

Exactly!!

I believe the Bible was written to be understood but sometimes understanding it isn’t always easy

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 06:53 AM

I don’t know if anyone else enjoys the challenge of resolving puzzling portions of scripture but here’s another one.

Some atheists think they’ve located a real discrepancy in the Bible concerning Jesus’ genealogy. This time they say it’s “really real” and they can hardly contain themselves. But Jesus’ genealogical accounts that are given in Matthew 1 differ from those given in Luke 3. Why is this? Is there a reason? If so, what is the reason? Do we revere God’s word enough to understand it? Perhaps we might give an answer for those desperate enough to ask OR do we just concede to atheists and go on as if indifferent to truth or as if understanding God’s truth doesn’t really matter?

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 06:06 AM

Once all the biblical evidence is thoroughly weighed, the old contradiction canard goes away.

The answer is quite simple. Jesus was obviously robed more than once and in more than just one robe. Herod mocked Jesus, suited him into an “elegant robe” and sent him back to Pilate apparently wearing the robe. The color of the purple robe is easily deduced logically. Pilate’s soldiers also mocked Jesus in like manner but at some point they included a second robe that was scarlet in color. It’s that simple!

This particular contradiction is a false charge and amounts to just one more failed desperate attempt by atheists to discredit scripture

LittleDavid

View Profile
Salvation:
Posted : 2 Nov, 2018 08:12 PM

There seems to be a lot of works/grace term ambiguity and equivocal overlap on this thread

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 2 Nov, 2018 08:01 PM

I didn’t intend to use the icon above. I guess the word used for laughter must have prompted the insertion.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 2 Nov, 2018 07:55 PM

Ok, here’s a clue. Please check Luke 23.

If you have assembled the evidence thus far, just from the passages cited, you’re a step ahead of some pretty good internet apologists!!! I’m talkin’ seminary nerds!! I was surprised *some* of them think the robe just “looked purple to some observers but looked scarlet to others”. Ridicules!!! I already hear atheists and for good reason. Sheeesh!!

Ok, put on your investigators hat and carefully review ALL the evidence! See if you’re smarter than seminary nerd!

Another clue. Was there ONLY one rob placed on Jesus?

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 2 Nov, 2018 07:12 PM

Oh, forgot! John 19:2-5 also mentions the purple robe placed on Jesus.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 2 Nov, 2018 06:49 PM

Whoops messed up the paragraph format again—when will I ever learn. Let’s try one more time.

Atheists and even some Christians insist real contradictions exist in the Bible. So, does the Bible contradict itself?

Let’s take a closer look at an alleged “contradiction” and see if we can figure out if it qualifies as such. Here it is: Matthew 27:27-28 says the color of the robe placed on Jesus just prior to his crusifiction was scarlet but Mark 15:16-17 says it was purple.

Some atheists believe this qualifies as a genuine contradiction. Are they right? Take a look and see if you can resolve the “contradiction”.

This and other alleged “contradictions” can be a challenging exercises to resolve but learn to welcome them as friends. Finding the correct answers can be fun and rewarding. Don’t let atheists discourage you.

I remember working logic puzzles and I’m sure some of you do as well. Some of the apparent contradictions seemed insurmountable UNTIL we read the answer. When we discovered the answer was quit simple we wondered why it was seemed so difficult.

Alright, let’s resolve the scarlet/purple robe problem. Ok—ready— get set—go!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 2 Nov, 2018 06:30 PM

Atheists and even some Christians insist real contradictions exist in the Bible. So, is it true the Bible contradicts itself?

Let’s take a look at an alleged contradiction and see if it qualifies. Matthew 27:27-28 says the color of the robe placed on Jesus just prior to his crusifiction was scarlet but Mark 15 says it was purple. Some atheists believe this qualifies as a contradiction. Are they right?

This can be a challenging exercise but learn to welcome them. Finding answers can be rewarding. Don’t let atheists discourage you.

I remember working a few logic puzzles and I’m sure some of you do as well. Some of the apparent contradictions seemed insurmountable UNTIL we read the answer. When we discovered the answer was quit simple we wondered why it was seemed so difficult.

Ok, let’s try—ready— get set—go!!

Page : 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718