Author Thread
Nkatty

View Profile
Nicknames....
Posted : 3 May, 2011 09:59 AM

Everyone in this site uses a nickname...question is?....what's the meanin of ur nickname...the story behind it...y u choose to use it?....i hav seen alot of funny names...lol...lastly...do u think one's nickname determines the rate at which one is approached or accepted?

Nkatty

View Profile
how to catch a man
Posted : 3 May, 2011 09:38 AM

Amen mike....wat u hav said is seriously true..lol...but...is the presence of ladies in singles sites mean that they can still be pursued?...or the playin field has been leveled an anyone can 'fish'??

Nkatty

View Profile
how to catch a man
Posted : 3 May, 2011 09:14 AM

If only frogs would turn to gentlement....lolest

Nkatty

View Profile
Recipes....lets share.
Posted : 3 May, 2011 04:48 AM

*Makin ice cubes

Nkatty

View Profile
Recipes....lets share.
Posted : 3 May, 2011 04:45 AM

Ahhh the spanish dish sound similar to another thats common here...we call it 'pilau'....the meat is placed before the water an rice though...plus after garlic one adds the spices an tomatoes..then meat...water an finally rice.i had thought makin was simple till i saw the six step recipe...lolesttt.thanks mike:applause:

Nkatty

View Profile
Recipes....lets share.
Posted : 2 May, 2011 09:29 AM

Thanks for explainin cobler...u can use the hominy...i bet u can find canned beans thats cooked..by the way...u have made me start cravin for boiled maize...an roasted...sprinkled with lemon an dried(finely ground) red pepper.

Nkatty

View Profile
Recipes....lets share.
Posted : 2 May, 2011 01:17 AM

Ur welcome live.the meat in the oven with rice sounds great...here i would normally make soup instead of salad with onions,tomatoes,greans an potatoes with spices.

Nkatty

View Profile
Recipes....lets share.
Posted : 2 May, 2011 01:05 AM

Ok..am lost on the sweet corn part cobbler..lol...i knw corn is maize but hav never heard of sweet corn.maize is one of the staple foods here...we do lots of things with it...since there is plenty.

Nkatty

View Profile
Men and Women & Romance.
Posted : 1 May, 2011 02:44 PM

HATARI-swahili word that means DANGER.Anyway...on the topic...to me romance is more than the physical...a guy(my husband) should show appreciation,concern an respect to me an vice versa...all the three signal love...to me i.e

Nkatty

View Profile
Recipes....lets share.
Posted : 1 May, 2011 12:52 PM

Now....gals....i know some of u love to cook....so i thought we would share some recipes....men can join to:applause:

Now since we all come from different places...with unique cuisine.....i will start with a favorite dish i love an wish is easy to cook...

we call it...Githeri which is basically a combination of Dry Maize & Beans....one can opt to use the young maize...thats not dried...easier for those who have sensitive teeth:ROFL:

Ingredients (4 servings)

� pound dried red beans

1 pound dried maize (corn)

3 medium onions, chopped

4 medium tomatoes,chopped

1 tbsp vegetable oil

Salt

Cover the red beans and maize with water and soak overnight. Drain.

Cover again with water, add salt to taste and boil for 2� hours or until the maize and beans are soft.

Drain and set aside.

Fry the onions in the vegetable oil until golden brown.

Mix in the tomatoes an let it cook till soft.

Mix in the maize and beans and simmer for 5 minutes before serving.

Now...different people will add more different ingredients...like i would add chopped potatoes after the tomatoes are cooked....plus pour in some greens...like kale..spinash...right after the dish is about to cook fully...this will prevent the veggies from overcookin:dunce:

Serve hot with some home made juice...

Enjoy:applause:

Plus....some curry powder...or spices....

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15