Author Thread
GlendoraMike

View Profile
How is a girl to know?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 04:43 PM

I've wound up with some pen-pals here and I did meet with someone that I knew years ago.

The problem is that we run out of stuff to e-mail about. Right now, one woman has a bunch of us hooked on her forum posts. However if she lived down the street we might be friends, but nothing leading to marriage.

Also, shared experiences are important in a relationship. I can tell someone about a movie, but seeing it together is much, much better.:yay::rocknroll:

At Bible study, I met a woman that could wind up as my friend. Now, we would have our church and Bible study topics to use as starting points in conversation as well as day to day happenings. Plus, seeing each other face to face gives people something to look forward to.:hearts:

Have you ever noticed that most people just use e-mail to forward stuff to one another. It is becoming a form of communication without a relationship.:buddies: If this site allowed it; we would forwarding stuff to each other right and left.:purpleangel:

If you copy this post and e-mail it to 10 friends you will receive a special blessing.:dancingp:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
The Seventh or last Trumpet!
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 03:06 PM

:ROFL::goofball::ROFL:

This is getting to be so funny. I went to a post trib rapture site and was amazed. He has figured that the start of the trib will be in one of a few possible years the next being 2011. This is based on the number of full moons in the 7 year period. He then has the trib start at the Feast of the Trumpets (Jews blow them because they get to rebuild the Temple) and ends the right number of days later on the Day of Atonement. Now there will be a 30 day period in which to come around and get saved.

Then, I got to read on and on about what must happen first before the rapture can take place. That is that the dead must rise first. I read on and on and then he quotes Jesus as saying that he will raise up the believers on the last day. What he didn't realize is that the end of the trib is not the last day.:goofball: The end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth is the last day.:rocknroll:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
King James Only
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 02:52 PM

I use the New American Standard version. It is harder to read than the NIV, but if you want to know what the literal translation is; it is there. Here's an example from the NIV:

AC 16:16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved." 18 She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her.

In verse 17 we read, "...the way to be saved."

However, that is not what she literally said. Here is what she said: "...who are proclaiming to you a way of salvation."

Notice that she really said: "...a way..." This could mean that all roads lead to Heaven and it is why Paul cast out the spirit.

I don't believe that the Translators of the King James were inspired by God. In Psalm22:21 they have: "...the horns of the unicorn...." Also, the first of the KJV's had Judith instead of Judah.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
MY BEST ANSWER EVER
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 02:32 PM

:waving:

At my home Church. I was a Baptist. I would get asked about when I was going to get married. They would point out that I wasn't getting any younger.:goofball: DUH!

One day the right answer came to me. I said, "You Know how they say that for every man, there's that one special woman for him?" That person answered, "Yeah, yeah!" Thought I was finally getting it.:rocknroll:

Here is what I said next: "Well, there's this guy in Utah that has nine wives and I figure that he has the one that is supposed to be mine!":bouncy: You could see the "wheels" turning in their mind as they left mumbling something.:rocknroll::ROFL:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
DRINKERS AND NON-DRINKERS
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 01:56 PM

:buddies::toomuch:

Down through the years I have noticed that when someone finds out that I am a non-drinker, they have problems with it. Its kind of like they wonder what's wrong with me. Well, I don't drink because I don't like the taste. Plus I can feel the alcohol evaporating in my throat and in trying to clear it, I sound like a cat with hair balls.:goofball::ROFL: It is not from some religious belief and I am not an alcoholic.

Funny thing is if I say that I don't smoke and never have, it doesn't cause a problem.

QUESTION: DOES ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS FROM EITHER THE DRINKING OR NON-DRINKING SIDE.:waving:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Prefer not to say
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 01:41 PM

While "Prefer Not To Say" may have some legitimate uses, here's one that makes no sense: I keep seeing profiles where the woman has "Prefer Not To Say" for "Smoking." :waving: (HELLO) That screams out that you smoke and are trying to quit, or you think that someone who doesn't want to be in a relationship with a smoker won't figure that you do.:goofball::rolleyes: Be honest. If you are trying to quit. Put that down and ask for prayer.:prayingm::prayingf:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Cont..... from Share and Tell
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 09:54 AM

:waving: Kimberly:

:peace: My little friend is helping me by being a "Y"

Why do you keep meeting us here and debating your having a baby; with or without getting married first. I am not interested in talking about yea or nay in regards to sin.

As I joking pointed out in a personal note to you; you live in the "SHOW ME" State of Missouri and you live in INDEPENDENCE.

My big question for the forum is: Are you trying to get everyone's approval? It doesn't look that that is happening. Are you trying to get the attention of a Christian man who will see these posts and want to marry you? As I have said before; back when I was around your age, I would have been interested. You are very atractive in your pictures and your written profile. So, have you asked yourself if maybe you are too picky?

I was in a Bible study group years ago and the leader was a great guy. I felt sorry for him because he had the marks on his face that look like burn marks. I wondered if he would ever find a woman to marry him. The was also a woman who was an RN in the group. She was beautiful. Guess what, they married each other. She saw beyond the outside.

You may have to locate and develop a man into your husband material. None of us are ever a perfect match.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Cont..... from Share and Tell
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 09:33 AM

Judah and Tamar :buddies:

Judah left his family and moved, married Bath-shua and had three sons. This is laid out in Gen. 38. He got his daughter-in-law, Tamar pregnant thinking she was a temple prostitute. She had twin sons, Perez and Zerah.

Now, as to Tamar being a single mom is not covered in Gen. 38. But, in Ruth 4:12 we read a blessing:

RU 4:11 Then the elders and all those at the gate said, "We are witnesses. May the LORD make the woman who is coming into your home like Rachel and Leah, who together built up the house of Israel. May you have standing in Ephrathah and be famous in Bethlehem. 12 Through the offspring the LORD gives you by this young woman, may your family be like that of Perez, whom Tamar bore to Judah."

Perez, son of Judah and Tamar was an ancestor of Boaz and later David.

In 1 Chronicles we read about Tamar again. Here we are seeing the listing of the genealogy from Adam on down to the Israelites. In chapter 2 we find the start of Israel's son's genealogy. Look at verses 3-8.

1CH 2:1 These were the sons of Israel:

Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, 2 Dan, Joseph, Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad and Asher.

1CH 2:3 The sons of Judah:

Er, Onan and Shelah. These three were born to him by a Canaanite woman, the daughter of Shua. Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the LORD's sight; so the LORD put him to death. 4 Tamar, Judah's daughter-in-law, bore him Perez and Zerah. Judah had five sons in all.

1CH 2:5 The sons of Perez:

Hezron and Hamul.

1CH 2:6 The sons of Zerah:

Zimri, Ethan, Heman, Calcol and Darda--five in all.

1CH 2:7 The son of Carmi:

Achar, who brought trouble on Israel by violating the ban on taking devoted things.

1CH 2:8 The son of Ethan:

Azariah.

It is clear that the sons of Tamar went to Egypt with the Israelites. This would have only happened it she was living with Judah and not living with her father.:rocknroll:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
ghost, what are they??
Posted : 12 Jan, 2010 09:35 AM

In a Christian book about "Satan is alive and well," ( I think that is the title. It is a Hal Lindsey book) a man that was at a seance that turned out to be the real deal did this: He asked the departed one in the name of Jesus Christ to tell who he was. He wasn't the departed and just wanted to make the people feel good.

This goes along with those nice shows on TV where everyone gets to go to the light and be with God. This is one way that people are led away from the Lord.

Think about it. If you could hang around, why wouldn't you? You could travel or see what your great grandkids will be like. You could do all kinds of stuff. So everyone would stay and nobody would leave.

In 1 Samuel chapter 28, King Saul asks a medium to call up Samuel. When she called him up, she told Saul that she was seeing a "divine being."

Yes, God has allowed spirits to deceive. Look at 1 Kings 22:20-22

GlendoraMike

View Profile
What about the rapture?
Posted : 12 Jan, 2010 08:35 AM

That woman with the dream was not alive in 373 AD.

When Jerome translated the Bible into Latin, he used the word "rapturo." This is the Latin word for the Greek word "harpazo." Going from Greek to English, we get "to be caught up."

Remember, Rev. is not linear. The scene with the woman and child goes back to the birth of Christ. This passage is dealing with the Jews. The Jews are the main target of Satan in the book of Rev. The fact that people are dying right and left is okay with him. Nowhere does God exchange the Church for the Jews. Reading Rev. shows that he is still concerned with bringing then around to see that Jesus is the Messiah. If the true Church was in the Tribulation period, there wouldn't be a need for the 144,000 and the two witnesses.

Greek to English. Many times when the Bible is translated from the Greek or the Hebrew, we get what the translator liked. In Rev chapter 20 we read about the "first" resurrection. However reading through the Bible we find that this isn't the first ressurection. Others have come back to life before this. The Greek word that was translated "first" here can also be translated as: best, first importance, foremost, leading and a few other uses. Looking at previous resurrections and looking at this ressurection as compared to the other, we find that this is the "best," "the foremost," of the resurrections.

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13