Author Thread
GlendoraMike

View Profile
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 11:19 PM

:waving:

I wrote to one of my pen-pals from here about what I get exposed to here. I like going through "My Matches." You just see about 42 pictures per page with no info. Many times I go to a profile and find that as the pics get bigger I find that the woman is in lingerie. Other times I am shown cleavage or a side view of her upper body.

What do they think they'll get by casting their pearls before swine?:devil:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
WHO'S ON FIRST, WHAT'S IN HEAVEN
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 09:34 AM

In this section of the chat forum, there have been lots of posts about when the rapture happens. Usually it is either before or after the tribulation. Rarely in the middle.

But what isn't been delt with is who are all those people who are in Heaven throughout the tribulation.

Staring in Chapter four we find that there are 24 elders who cast their crowns before the throne of God and fall down before Him. Angels are never called elders and they don't receive crowns.

In chapter 6 when the 5th seal is broken we find martyrs are under the altar and they are asking God about how long will it be until He avenges their deaths. This altar is in Heaven.

In chapter 7 we find that sn uncountable multitude from every nation were clothed in white robes standing before the throne of God in Heaven.

In chapter 11 we find that the two witnesses get called up to Heaven to join all the others who are already there.

Chapter 15 we see people in Heaven who have died during the trib. and are in Heaven.

Chapter 19 has the marriage of the Lamb and the Bride (The Church) in Heaven and blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Finally, The Lord returns to earth and sets up His kingdom.

People are in Heaven during the whole tribulation period, all seven years. Their numbers are added to as the tribulation goes on.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING THERE IF THE DEAD AREN'T RAISED UNTIL AFTER THE TRIBULATION PERIOD?

GlendoraMike

View Profile
SUBMIT TO HUSBAND, WRONG
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 08:56 AM

The use of the word submit in our society is taken to mean that the wife should be ruled by what ever the husband says. That useage is what causes the problem. To be subject to is like our laws. I own my property, but the law says that I can't have a target shooting event on my property. I go along with the law leading me in this regard. Nobody comes out and locks me up ahead of time so that I couldn't do this even though I don't want to.

The passage is based on Paul's giving us advice on how we should live. Verse 21 says that we should be subject to one another in reverence of Christ.

The femmenists attacked Christianity based on just reading the "submit" word.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
A Thief in the Night!
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 03:49 PM

:waving: Walter:

Whether he means "first " or "best", etc. the Greek can be more than first. So to figure out what is going on here, I want to look at Rev. leading up to this piont(Rev. Chapt. 20).

In Heaven we find that the marriage of the Lamb takes place in Rev.19:7-10. We are told that, "Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb." Who gets invited? Also, in Rev. Chapters 7 and 15 we have people from the trib. in heaven.

Now in the passages that tell of Christ on earth; we find that certain people come to life(Rev. 20). Elsewhere in the New Testament we find that Christ spoke to the dead. Here is one place:

18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand--with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

And here's another:

EPH 4:7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it says:

"When he ascended on high,

he led captives in his train

and gave gifts to men."

EPH 4:9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

In reading all of Rev. I find that believers are communicating with The Lord in Heaven before the end of the tribulation.

Here's what I think. In Heaven, bodies are not needed and they are not given out yet. In Rev. 20 the resurrection body is needed now for the Christians to rule with Christ on earth. Later this same new body will be used in the new heaven and a new earth(Rev. 21).

Walter: Did you get a chance to look at that web site yet?

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Adam and Eve alone?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 02:03 PM

I am seeing some confusion in what Genesis says. Chapter 1 covers the days of creation. On day 6, God made creatures that are land based.(sea and air creatures were day 5) Man was created on the 6th day also. Verse 27 tells us that they are male and female.

Chapter 2 is an expanded look at day 6. Note: In verse 4, the word used for day can also be days. In verses 5 and after, we get a look at what happened on day 6. Nothing stops Eve from being formed on day 6.

Also, Adam got to witness God creating the Garden Of Eden. This would confirm to him that God was the sole creator and not someone who could just claimed to be.

:yay::rocknroll::peace::bouncy:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
SUBMIT TO HUSBAND, WRONG
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 01:38 PM

In our culture, we see the word submit as meaning something that a slave would do. Be subject to is more in line with us obeying the laws of this country. In a marriage it would be the buck stops here at the husband. He is to lead. Leading is something done from the front not from the back like herding.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
SUBMIT TO HUSBAND, WRONG
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 09:07 AM

LOST IN THE TRANSLATION

When we read the Bible we must remember that we are reading words that sombody or a group felt means in English what the original text meant.

In another Topic, I was reading about wives submitting to their husbands.

I recommend that you get a copy of the Bible in The New American Standard translation. In this translation the goal was to put forth the literial translation of the text. If the footnotes are there; you get to see the literial word if the translaters used another in the passage.

The famous Ephesians 5:22-33 passage gets people wound up in knots. Many translations use the word "submitt" as in this example from the NIV:

EPH 5:22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

However, the word in the original is better translated as "be subject." This means, "to place or rank under."

Here's were it really gets interesting. If you have an NAS Bible like mine you will find that there are words in ITALICS. This means that the word that we are reading wasn't in the original text, but it is put there to help the reading go smoother by adding meaning. In Eph. 5:22, we would read: Wives to your own husbands, as to the Lord." The use of the words "be subject" comes from verse 21, which says, "and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ." This verse has a footnote that shows that "fear" can also mean reverence.

Let me end with:

EPH 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church-- 30 for we are members of his body. 31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32 This is a profound mystery--but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

LOVE IN CHRIST TO ALL OF YOU:waving::angel:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
A Thief in the Night!
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 05:42 PM

I think that as we read the Bible and line up our positions, we run across the old problem. Prophecy can have both a short range fulfilment and also one long range. The virgin will be with child is one. Originally it was fulfilled near its first saying. The word used was maiden. However the scholars that translated the old testament into Greek knew that it was Messianic and they used the word virgin. It can look like Jesus, Paul, John and Peter are saying one thing and then we later realize they meant something else.

The prophecies of the Messiah had both a first time and second time coming. The people were expecting the first time to be like the second coming.

The Bible is non-linear. It will give a short version of what happened and then go into finer detail a few verses or chapter later. Then we have different views of the same thing. One Old Testament prophet may put something down one way and a new Testament writer differently.

Jesus said things that would have gone one way if the people recognized the Messiah and followed him, but another way if they rejected him, which they did.

Lost in the translation hits too. In Acts as put in English we find that a woman says, "... the way of salvation..." But she actually said, ".....a way of salvaiton..." The first resurrection can also be translated as the best resurrection or the foremost resurrection. The translater's beliefs wind up in the text.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
A Thief in the Night!
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 02:06 PM

:waving:Walter:

Here is a link to a site that is post-trib rapture oriented. If you go there, you will see that he has a chart of the tribulation period. He bases this chart on one fewer full moons than normal. The trib starts with the Feast of the Trumpets. He feels that this will be the normal yearly Feast coupled with the Jews getting to rebuild the Temple. The trib ends at the Day of Atonement 7 years later. He also puts in a 30 day period where non-believers can repent and be saved. The next time that his chart will work is in the year 2011.

What is your take on his ideas?

http://endtimepilgrim.org/chart2.htm

GlendoraMike

View Profile
What's ur belief on Surrogate mothers?
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 11:53 AM

:waving:KIMBERLY:

You love this fan club that you have don't you.:applause::dancingp::yay::peace::rocknroll::bouncy:

I think that this exists so that the couple has a child that is really both of theirs, or at least one of theirs.

Sarah tried that with Hagar and later Rachel and Leah used their maids to have a baby making competition.:rolleyes: FINAL SCORE: 12 boys, 1 girl.

KIMBERLY: There is nothing wrong with your texting to the chat forum. The typos aren't yours. These message boxes have dyslexia. I know that I type I, but it many times comes out i. It loves to change just to jsut.

You're fine the box is :goofball::bunny::toomuch:

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13