Author Thread
GlendoraMike

View Profile
IF ONLY
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 02:31 PM

If only we could go to my "My Matches" and see only matches from our own country. I don't need to see women from the Phillipines in their bikinis.:excited:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
LEAPING TOPICS
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 02:27 PM

I would like to see topics move to the top of the list as new replies are made. This would let the popular topics stay up front and not be brought back as "What we were writing about II."

GlendoraMike

View Profile
New Covenant Priesthood of Believers vs The Organized Church
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 01:59 PM

Jesus spoke to the Church as a body of believers not lone wolves. In Revelation, Jesus sends messages to the Churches. The books of the New Testament are filled with guides for the body of believers to meet together.

Take one coal away from the rest that are burning in a hearth and the one will dim and go out.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Every week the Jehovah's Witnesses get together and go over what happened during the week before. If they run across someone who quoted a Bible verse to them, they go over what was said and train to deal with that in the future. They work as a group to spread their beliefs. Do you join with others to spread the Gospel?

In three weeks time the Church that I am a member of baptized over 200 people.

I searched until I found a Church that believes, reaches out to not only here but overseas as well. How many missionaries are sent by a church of one?

GlendoraMike

View Profile
JESUS
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 01:40 PM

Jesus is a Greek name for the Lord and it is also now an English word as well as Spanish, etc.

We keep running across the name Jeshua here. That is one possible Hebrew name for Jesus. It could also be Yehoshua.

Jesus came from the Nazareth and Capernaum area. The language most common there was Aramaic along with the common Greek of the time. Jesus and His Discilpes were probaly speaking Aramaic. There was a Galilean Dialect to Aramaic which explains how the Disciples were quickly picked out as having come from there.

Read Titus 3:9 for yourself.

Remember, everyday people are saved praying to Jesus.:angel:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Bible Prophecy
Posted : 8 Jul, 2010 08:56 PM

I love the Dr.s Van Impe. At first I thought that he had robbed the cradle. I guessed that he was about 65 to 70 and she was 45 max. WRONG:excited: He was born in 1931 and she was born in 1932.:rocknroll:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
REDNECKS AND THIS SITE
Posted : 8 Jul, 2010 02:44 PM

IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU. YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK.

1. YOU READ A JOKE ON A PROFILE AND E-MAIL HOW MUCH YOU ENJOYED IT. LATER YOU SEE THAT THE PERSON HAS CHANGED THE AGE SETTINGS SO THAT YOU CAN'T E-MAIL AGAIN.

2. YOU SEE THAT SOMEONE IS LOOKING FOR AN E-MAIL/CHAT FRIEND.:buddies: YOU E-MAIL THAT PERSON AND THEN FIND THAT THEY ARE NOW WANTING A MARRIAGE PARTNER.

3. YOU TELL THEM THAT THEY HAVE A NICE PICTURE AND THEN IT IS GONE.

4. YOU LOOK AT A PROFILE ON ONE DAY AND THEN THE NEXT, THAT PERSON MAKES YOU A FAVORITE BUT REMOVES THEIR PICTURE FIRST.:goofball:

5. ALL YOUR BEST MATCHES LIVE WAY DOWN SOUTH IN THE BIBLE BELT.:rocknroll:

6. YOU WANNA TRADE THE WOMEN IN YOUR STATE FOR THE ONES IN FLORIDA:bouncy:

REDNECKS ARE EVERYWHERE:rocknroll::yay::buddies::Mug::goofball:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
The Cross of Christ = Forgiveness of Sin ?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2010 06:20 PM

The laws that Moses brought to the people told them what to do to receive forgiveness for sins. It required blood be spilled in scarifice.

Jesus is The Lamb that was slain. He brings the new covenent. The old was not followed. Grace is a big part of the new covenent.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Posted : 7 Jul, 2010 03:41 PM

LUKE 5:17-26 IS NOT A PARABLE.

Jesus healed a man that was lowered through a roof. He said to the man, "Friend, your sins are forgiven you."

In verse 24a Jesus says, "But in order that you may know that the Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins,".....:applause::yay::rocknroll::bouncy::dancingp::peace:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Posted : 7 Jul, 2010 11:46 AM

It never ceases to amaze me that one question can generate so much copying and pasting.

The answer is found in Luke 5:17-26 Jesus could forgive sins before the cross the same as he had done for ages past. As God, He can apply the sacrifice of the cross as He pleases.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Why? (A Bible Study)
Posted : 5 Jul, 2010 04:55 PM

If you are asking why the salvation experiances vary, it's because we are on different paths. Some find the Lord from the gutter and others receive Him from their earliest days. Some read and believe at once and others struggle.

We are all different, but there is one Lord waiting for those who will come to Him.:angel:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10