Author Thread
GlendoraMike

View Profile
TONGUES
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 01:51 PM

JUST IN FROM ANOTHER THREAD: TONGUES

In reading the Book of Acts, I see that Peter wasn't part of the groups that spoke in tongues. Peter had a better gift of knowing what was happening and explaining it and harvesting a crop of new believers.

Looking at Paul's writings, it is obvious that not all Christians should be speaking in tongues. They should pray to receive the greater gifts.

I think one of the greatest gifts is of those who no matter where they go they wind up helping someone accept Christ.

Here is something that most folks don't know. Among the Hindu followers, there is speaking in tongues.

Years ago, I met a woman (1st date) and I knew by her church that speaking in tongues was a big item. I told her that I had a problem with the teaching people how to speak in tongues. Doesn't the Holy Spirit know how to just give it? She replied that she really didn't teach them but instead let them watch and listen so that they got the idea.

Funny thing is; it doesn't sound like a language. There is too much rhyming and too much repeating of words. The worst case was a pastor saying, "To drink,......to drink, to drink, to drink. To drink!"

I have even run across folks who claim that God can't hear prayers that are not in tongues. No body gets saved I guess.

OKAY! LET THE BRONCS OUT OF THE CORALS AND LETS RIDE 'EM COWBOYS AND COWGIRLS:yay::bouncy:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
COPYING AND PASTING
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 01:30 PM

HOLLYWOOD ISN'T FAR FROM HERE:hearts::rolleyes::goofball:

AS THEY SAY THERE: "KISSY, KISSY,:hearts: AH, HA, HA HA":buddies:

REMEMBER OUR LA COUNTY SHERIFFS AS THEY GET TO HAVE LINDSEY AS A GUEST :Mug::goofball::rolleyes:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
COPYING AND PASTING
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 10:50 AM

Trucker is not writing to be skimmed over. He has points that he wants to get across. If we all skim just to find something to respond to, but miss his point then his time and ours was wasted.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
COPYING AND PASTING
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 09:31 AM

My point is that it is overwhelming. I don't read all that you post. You can post most of the Bible or shorten it down to the FOUR SPIRITUAL LAWS.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
"itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini..."
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 09:03 PM

There are two pieces that are modest and one pieces that go see through when wet. The question is really about what you want to do. If your goal is generating lust in the guys then that is sin.

Going through the "My Matches" I have been shown women of Southeast Asia in bikinis. I would like to include only US women in that search.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
New Covenant Priesthood of Believers vs The Organized Church
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 08:58 PM

Joining a small group allows individual input.

My friend wants the pastor to talk about end times prophecy and she is upset that he doesn't. However, that subject is covered in depth on the internet. Our church is about evangelizing and equiping people to bring others to the Lord.

I had a problem with "My body broken for you." I e-mailed the pastor and pointed out that it isn't in the New Testament and goes against prophecy and the bones of the Passover lamb were not to be broken. Now we hear "My body given for you."

Many pastors will not make it into Heaven. Search out the "Pauls" and back them up.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
BEYOND HOT
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 08:13 PM

I just got one of those too hot to handle e-mails in my "Inbox." I couldn't see who sent it though because the sender was suspended pending review.:rolleyes: I didn't even have a chance to be hit up for money to rescue some poor soul from Nigeria.

One time I received an e-mail (another site) that listed the sender as living at the Los Angeles Air Force Base. Now this isn't your typical Air Force Base. It consists of offices by Los Angeles International Airport.

Of course the poor soul wasn't there. It seems she was having problems leaving Nigeria.:goofball:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 06:30 PM

I find huge problems with the Jehovah's Witnesses. I put it into the cult area.

However, my point was that they use the group to improve their message.

Paul handled this in I Corinthians 12. Look at verse 14: For the body is not one member, but many. The Spirit gives abilities to members of the body to carry out the work of the Lord.

In the body we each are members of the greater whole. But if anyone stays away from the body, they will quench the work of the Spirit in the long run.

Time and again Paul wrote of the Church as a group. If it wasn't for Christians joining together, we wouldn't be on this site or having this chat because Christianity would have stalled.

Remember the Bible wasn't written in chapters with verses. Those came much later.

In my reading I divided the Bible into 10 sections and reading 10 chapters a day doesn't take long. This way a verse in the Old Testament can line up with a verse in the New Testament and verses and ideas elsewhere.

READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF AND LET THE SPIRIT GUIDE YOU.:angel:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 04:01 PM

Jesus, Himself, went "swimming" with John the Baptist giving the lesson. During His ministry, the Discples of Jesus were baptizing people. In Acts 8:36-40, the Ethiopian eunuch went swimming after hearing and believing.

I guess new cults start all the time.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
COPYING AND PASTING
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 02:57 PM

Lately I am running across a copying and pasting contest here. Most of these posts are too long to read.

Just becuse a lot of verses are put down doesn't mean that the will of the Lord is revealed. Look at these two verses:

Matt 27:5 And he threw the pieces of silver into the sanctuary and departed; and he went away and hanged himself.

Luke 10:37 And he said, "The one who showed mercy toward him." And Jesus said to him, "Go and do the same."

These two verse were used in a joke about a man opening the Bible and sticking his finger in to find the will of God. However, they really don't show us direction.

Read the Bible for yourself and get an overview of it book by book. I have seen shopping bags of verses "prove" totally opposite things.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10