Author Thread
Loree7

View Profile
Was always told women had super powers
Posted : 28 Feb, 2020 04:49 AM

But we are to rely upon the Holy Spirit's prompting and His Word. He is the revealer of secrets.

Loree7

View Profile
Was always told women had super powers
Posted : 28 Feb, 2020 04:48 AM

Of course. Didn't you hear your mom say, "I have eyes on the back of my head?" What a superpower to have. 😁 Okay, cheesy grin aside. Some people have the God given gift of discernment and others don't.

Loree7

View Profile
Can We Trust Our Conscience?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2020 04:36 AM

I had to laugh at your satire. I was going to say sarcasm, but the exaggeration implied fits satire more.

I do have to say being from an obese family, I pray for help eating correctly. There have been occasions that God has convicted me as I put the food to my mouth. I have asked, "why didn't You say something before I sat down on the sofa?"

Back to the subject of the post. The Bible talks of our conscience being seared. I have lived in a culture that honors dishonesty. They believe a teach it is outsmarting the other person. When I returned money which was given me incorrectly, I was ridiculed. Don Richardson was a missionary in Papua New Guinea and wrote a book about how the tribe's culture had seared their conscience to murder. I can't remember which one of his book has it. It was either "Peace Child" or "Lord's of the Earth."

Yes, the Holy Spirit and God's Word are our guides. Thank God that we can trust them.

Loree7

View Profile
Too old fashioned?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2020 04:24 AM

I grew up in a conservative church also. My dad was the pastor. I remember being taught to honor the sanctuary, dress up to show respect, and not eat in the sanctuary. I'm now a missionary. I still dress up because it is a way of honoring my Lord with the best. I don't dress up as much because of those around me. I see as people come to know the Lord, their dress changes, not because of anything said. My co-worker doesn't wear a suit or even a tie, but as men come to know Christ, they begin wearing suit and my co-worker does too. I try to have a snack for the children in children's church because I know that some will be going to bed hungry. Too old fashioned? Some desire that homey lifestyle. Is that wrong? No. You must decide what is belief and what is preference. Many of my generation weren't taught why things were done but just to obey. I stress in my lessons to the children why we wear certain clothes and why not, why we talk they way we do, why we act the way we do. I would not date someone who didn't believe the same way because I truly believe and not just prefer. For example, the Mormon faith talks of Jesus, but their Jesus is the brother of Satan born of Mary's sexual relationship with the god of this world (each world has their own god and he has multiple wives). Catholics talk of the blood of Jesus Christ, but prayer is made to many dead humans and most of all Mary is venerated above God (Jesus Christ). Their God is not a God of Love to be approached, but a God to be feared. What do you believe vs what do you prefer?

Loree7

View Profile
See-Joy foundation Tanzania
Posted : 27 Feb, 2020 04:30 PM

That is a Godly goal. The book of James tells us that pure religion is to care for the widows and orphans. God bless you in this endeavor.

Loree7

View Profile
Just What is a Missionary in Your opinion ?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2020 03:59 PM

We are all commanded to make disciples within our local churches, but the New Testament church addressed this model of specifically sending missionaries (Apostle Paul, Silas, Barnabas, and John Mark).

Loree7

View Profile
Just What is a Missionary in Your opinion ?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2020 03:54 PM

The Apostle Paul was 1. sent from a local church

2. plant churches

3. left pastors in the churches

This is the missionary model, but many confuse the word "witness" and "missionary" now days.

Loree7

View Profile
What are some of your favorite missionary biographies?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2020 03:44 PM

I love reading of how God works in others life.

"Behind the Ranges" the biography of J.O. Fraser by Mrs. Howard Taylor is one of my favorites.

"Peace Child" by Don Richardson is another one which I like to reread.

"Christ's Witchdoctor" by Homer Dowdy is one of my top favorites. I also enjoyed his "Bamboo Cross."

"God's Smuggler" Brother Andrew's story is encouraging as well as "God's Smuggler to China" by Brother David.

I must not forget "Port of Two Brothers" by Paul Schlener.

There are many more in my library, but these are among the top.

Loree7

View Profile
Classical music
Posted : 27 Feb, 2020 03:26 PM

I like Mozart especially. When I am in a particularly non creative mood, I turn on the Mozart.

Loree7

View Profile
My life was not to be like this......
Posted : 27 Feb, 2020 07:00 AM

Hello, Pity Party, I've been there often myself. It lies at the crossroads of holidays and family notices. The desire to close off the world and not experience hurt is natural, but not Godly. He Himself chose to minister in pain and loneliness. The road back to your extroverted self might be long, but might never come. Marriage might happen and might not. It can't happen if you cloister yourself inside.

What are some of your interests? Start trying to experience one of those.

Take up a hobby and invite friends. Yes, make some and pray to encounter some.

Serve. Find with what God has equipped you. Are you a good teacher? Teach. Are you good with children? Get involved in children's ministries. God knows that we need men in this area. There are many children who are being raised without a Godly man at home. Are you good with your hands? The church and elderly need people willing to fix things which break and lawns manicured.

Obey. The Bible tells us that we are to attend church and become involved in it. We are a body.

Praise. Cultivate praise. Start with five good things a day and thank God for them.

Ask. What is God trying to teach me about Himself in this situation?

Seek. Seek God. I'm not talking about prayer, but get to know Him more and more.

Be amazed by God. Start listing qualities of God that you saw throughout the day. Examples: a passing butterfly keeping speed with a motor boat, might make you think of how God created such a small thing so powerful. Tightening a pipe might turn you to seeing how He is ever present.

Enjoy God's creation. Only His children truly can. Seeing the vast universe in the stars can remind us how small we are, yet loved by the Creator.

Remember Philippians 4:8 the Christian's Filter. Does your thoughts hit that list, or not?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8