Author Thread
Loree7

View Profile
Financial support of parents
Posted : 20 Feb, 2020 03:26 PM

The first verse that popped into my head was 1 Timothy 5:3-4 which talks about honoring widows and is commanded of God to do so. The next was honoring your parents comes with a promise Ephesians 6. 1 Timothy 5:8 also talks of taking care of ones family. God set up the family and church as a means to care for people. It is both biblical and necessary.

Loree7

View Profile
Household Appliances
Posted : 20 Feb, 2020 03:17 PM

Hey, I like that. An instant pot would work too. They can do so much. Maybe a scale meaning that he would be balanced.

Loree7

View Profile
My humbling testimony
Posted : 20 Feb, 2020 03:10 PM

The Lord has to bring us to the place of breaking our strength and pride to show His strength.

Loree7

View Profile
Hi from Morocco, born again fellower of christ
Posted : 20 Feb, 2020 03:07 PM

Great to read that you have trusted Christ Jesus as your Savior. Nabeel Qureshi has a great testimony that you can find online. Dr. Edgar Feghaly is another that I know who has worked with many who have found Christ. He is from Lebanon, but resides in the United States. I know how closed Morocco is to Jesus.

Loree7

View Profile
"Adventures"
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 09:40 AM

Adventures can be mundane trips turned to fun with a little creativity. For example, take a trip to an antique shop and instead of the usual browsing, turn it into a race to see who can find the oddest piece. At the zoo, try to identify an animal blindfolded.

Of course, my actual adventures have been more along the lines of a trip down the Amazon River.

Loree7

View Profile
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 09:20 AM

I don't know your intention of asking this question. Some have asked because they are of the opinion that ladies should only wear them and others have asked to ascertain if the lady doesn't just wear them.

The Biblical mandate was female/male distinction. In Biblical times, the differences in clothes were undergarments. So the distinction comes from the culture. I have lived and know of other cultures where the prostitutes are the ones who wear dresses and proper ladies wear pants and jeans for protection. In places in India the neck of a lady would be immodest, but not showing the belly. Culture dictates in part dress.

I enjoy and feel feminine in a dress, but when I'm hauling 2x4's up to the roof, jeans are more modest.

Loree7

View Profile
is it possible to for an American lady to be friends to an african guy
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 09:08 AM

It is possible, but unlikely because culture upbringing cause us to communicate differently and interpret what is said and how it is said differently.

American ladies are also warned and aware of the many scammers from the continent of Africa.

Loree7

View Profile
Racial Preference : Does it matter ? on CDFF ?
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 09:05 AM

I'm a mutt as far as nationalities. I hold two passports from two different continents. Racial preference will always be a factor in looking for a mate. We all have preference, but that doesn't mean that one is racist, just that their preference is different. Hollywood has in the past pushed a thought that whites are more attractive and richer. That thought has permeated society. In the South American countries in which I have lived and visited, the lighter the person usually means the richer and more attractive they are seen. I have yet to know a culture more racist than the Japanese ( I live in a Japanese area).

Well, a person's physical appearance is a preference and should be taken into consideration, we are all one blood. I believe that a bigger question is culture and there can be several cultures in one country. Culture influences how a person reacts and acts in any given situation. It affects the communication, not only speech but also body language of a couple.

Loree7

View Profile
Men and their standards
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 08:52 AM

I believe that I'm old enough to respond to that. I have been in a ministry family and now am in full-time ministry. God has a set of standards laid for what a godly man should be. Ephesians and 1 Corinthians are the two books of the Bible that address the roles the most. Part of those guidelines include that he is to be the protector and provider. If a young lady doesn't want that in you, you should consider trying to find another. I once told a guy to ask himself what he believed God wanted him to be and do with his life. Then, I asked, "Does ...fit into that life calling?"

Loree7

View Profile
Why do women in the USA have an attitude?
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 08:45 AM

We all have an attitude whether good or bad and one doesn't always have a bad one nor a good one. I know many sweet spirited ladies and wonder why no one has married them.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8