Author Thread
seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Spanking is a euphemism for hitting
Posted : 25 Aug, 2019 01:19 AM

we are in the new covenant not the old covenant we are not to hit any

person at any age. The "rod" actually symbolizes a Shepherds hook..

Not something to strike the child. The rod is supposed to bring the

sheep back in with gentle guidance, not to hit them with it. i have

travelled this path and know the difference between right and wrong i

was a child and have helped as a nanny and at two orphanages, there

was never any circumstance where i needed to resort to hypocrisy in

order to share how to be respectful to one another. im glad you do

not condone it. i report people to child protection whenever i see a

child being struck in public or see people post online that they hit.

i dont walk the same as others because of lower back and hip problems

to this day. they have found that children who are hit or spanked

have less brain capacity to work with in the areas of social beahavior

and forsight. the proverbs that you quoted from were not directed

from YHVH, it was a saying of solomon who forsook the wisdom and

worshipped false idols. i was both spanked and beaten as a child

while being half stripped sometimes even publically and i would have

been glad to have an option of being relocated. the parents should

have to take anger management and parenting classes and if they do not

comply then the child would have the option to be adopted. in israel

it is already illegal they have better translations of The Old

testament. vengeance belongs to YHVH and YHVH will repay. it has been

determined that fallible humans are unworthy to punish physically:

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone" JESUS was present

and without sin and even HE who had the authority to punish her

refrained. i can send you more scripture if you would like that

supports no hitting or spanking "do unto others as you would have them

do unto you" i dont want to ever be hit again and when i see other

parents hitting i get flashbacks of my childhood. it is also written

not to vex the children. i can send you these scriptures sometime.

it can prevent wars and violence. the Truth is our highest defense,

quoting Scriptures like 3:14 in The book of Luke to children is

helpful, because if we were in the old testament early covenant we see

that eye for an eye was once allowed, so the only way someone would strike

another person would be if they had first struck. "Ye have heard that

it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I

say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee

on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if any man will

sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke

also. 41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him

twain. 42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow

of thee turn not thou away." excerpt from Matthew 5 even in The Old

testament YHVH corrects the israelites repeatedly reminding them of

thier fallible unworthy state of being that should not exalt

themselves to the level of hitting others or even executing. if you

want to help others to know not to hit or spank then dont hit them,

be an example rather than doing what you would not want them to do.

here is yet anotherexample of what improvements we see in The New

Covanent: http://biblehub.com/proverbs/26-3.htm

http://biblehub.com/matthew/5-22.htm hope i havent offended you

-peace

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Posted : 25 Aug, 2019 01:05 AM

Have you ever worked with sheep? The rod of correction will block the entrance when needed, Striking even one sheep scatters the whole flock. Just having The Voice of The Good Shepard is sufficient by reading Scriptures. If you even show one sheep the food in the bucket the rest fall in line in obedience: They are close knit woolies! Just let children know what laws they are breaking. We do mostly time outs or no dessert or losing toys.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Posted : 18 Aug, 2019 01:57 AM

If all parents were respectful to their children in an ideal world such decisions could be left to them. I was not so blessed in this regard, to have parents gifted in self control. One of the main focuses is when parents are targeting the child's private area including the rear end. I grew up with excessively forceful hits to my rear end that left marks, I was too ashamed to report to CPS and show what had happened to me because of the location. If this is done to an adult it is considered sexual harassment; this is too much contradiction. I often had hand prints and lasting redness and pain. I also had a lashing that resulted in a welt that was as wide as my body raised 1/4 of an inch and 1/4 thick. I ran away temporarily after that which put me at high risk for being kidnapped. I tried to relate about how we are treated as children shape our decision making abilities. People with mental health issues often have long lasting or permanent judgement impairment. I can remember feeling as though I was living in a cloud of confusion and fear for most of my childhood. The cloud didn't start to lift until I underwent counseling. I continue to suffer lower back problems from the repeated trauma to the tail bone area. I can't help but feel "set up" for physically abusive relationships. Many women who abort are involved in abusive relationships. There are so many alternatives to corporal punishment, I have children now and I will not put them through what I have been through. Pro Life should also be about giving quality of life anywhere possible.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
This is important to know about bc
Posted : 17 Aug, 2019 03:26 AM

"Just realized there may be some here who are not aware of this. BIRTH control is not pregnancy control! Pro Life Christian people are tricked every day into taking birth control methods that are exactly the same thing as the morning after abortion pill.

Sadly all forms of chemical birth control are abortifacients. The pill, mini pill, patch, shot, implant, and IUD. You name it, it comes with a Plan B of it's own. In the case that these methods fail to prevent ovulation (Up to 30% of the time with some of these!!!) Then there's a back up plan involved so that if you do become pregnant, your already developing little one won't be able to attach to you and will wither away and die. This happens at such an early stage that your little one is so small that you likely will never even know you were pregnant. They'll simply pass with your next cycle.

Your baby already has gone through so much development at this point and already has their own DNA! A unique and special person is already growing and forming!

The companies who manufacture these products, and the doctors who endorse them, get away with claiming to "debunk" this scientific fact because their definition of a pregnancy is when your baby attaches to your womb, which is EXACTLY what these products aim to prevent...thus they can claim "our product does not end an existing pregnancy".

If your birth control method states that it thickens the uterine lining to prevent implantation (all of them do šŸ˜¢) then your birth control is an abortifacient (causes abortion). Don't ask your doctor if your birth control method causes abortion, they'll probably scoff and assure you that's not the case. This is because they are assuming you mean the unscientific definition of pregnancy beginning at implantation vs the true and factual definition, pregnancy beginning at conception.

Instead, ask them specifically if this method prevents implantation. This they can't, or *shouldn't* lie about. Preventing your tiny little developing baby from being able to attach to you is a chemical abortion, and exactly what the morning after abortion pill does. The ONE AND ONLY difference in regular birth control and the morning after abortion pill is that regular birth control usually (but not always) aims to prevent conception from occurring, but makes the womb incompatible with life just in case you do become pregnant. The morning after pill skips straight to making your womb an inhospitable place." quote from Amanda Freeman

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Posted : 15 Aug, 2019 05:07 PM

there are so many alternative disciplines. Do you really think your child won't copy "spanking" on another child if that is what is happening to him or her? Children need to know that their rear end is their private area. I have never spanked my son and he already knows not to go into the street. He already knows the stove is hot, without getting a burn. He has known these things since he was about 18 months old.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 05:19 PM

"Corporal punishment is the commonest form of violence which children suffer, in all regions. And there are many perspectives from which to condemn it. The imperative for prohibiting and eliminating it is childrenā€™s equal human right to full respect for their dignity and physical integrity and to equal protection under the law.

Sometimes it seems that dwelling on other perspectives, other arguments, can actually undermine acceptance of the immediate human rights imperative for action. We donā€™t look for proof that domestic violence against women damages their physical or mental health in order to justify prohibiting it and ending impunity. It would be insulting to women to do so, and it is equally insulting to children to suggest we have to prove harm in order to justify extending to them the legal protection that we as adults take for granted from being deliberately assaulted."

- Peter Newell

Ending all forms of hitting children is important... Don't give allowance to physical abuse based on age. Advocate and inform of childrenā€™s equal human right to full respect for their dignity and physical integrity and to equal protection under the law. Spanking is a euphemism for hitting, it inevitably condones sexual harassment and disrespectfulness (Excerpt from P.Newell).

Recognize the risks:

ā€¢ Emotional risks: depression, low self esteem, anger, lack of resilience, little self control.

ā€¢ Learning risks: lower IQ, stress, anger, resentment, or fear of authority. ā€¢ Physical risks: injuries, broken bones, even brain damage.

ā€¢ Societal risks: poorly educated, angry, pent up young people causing harm to themselves, other children, adults, their relatives, or at schools.

To end child abuse, we need to stop 'spanking' (physically abusing) children! Rather than being based on brain research or child development studies, hitting/paddling/spanking is based on "cultural holdovers";

ā€¢ Adults may have the misconception: ā€œI was spanked. Iā€™m OK.ā€ Fundamental religious belief: ā€œItā€™s Godā€™s loving discipline.ā€ * Spanking and paddling send harmful and costly messages.

ā€¢Normal childhood behavior issues are often judged as rebellious, shameful and bad.

ā€¢ Our States are being robbed of needed money by paying for the high cost of child abuse in all its ramifications.

ā€¢ States spent $20 billion on child Welfare Services in 2000. Less violence against children will reduce this figure enormously according to the Urban Institute.

ā€¢ The US spent $2 trillion in 2011 on all health care costs...$1 trillion for violence-related healthcare costs.

ā€¢ Lawsuits from parents trying to protect their children take valuable money and energy from education.

ā€¢ No evidence exists that paddling improves student behavior. The opposite is true. We all want to end child abuse.New ways of raising responsible, strong, loving children are replacing hitting

ā€¢ The most heinous things done to children are now illegal, but 85% of these abuses began with spanking and progressed from there.

ā€¢ In the US, 33 states have abolished paddling in schools, and in the other 19 states, many individual districts have stopped it.

ā€¢ Today many tested alternatives exist that teach self-responsibility and skills at making better choices. Therefore to end child abuse, we must stop all hitting of children.

For research and links to studies and for resources on modern parenting: US Alliance to End the Hitting of Children: www.endhittingusa.org Report Abuse: www.hennepin.us/residents/human-services/child-protection-services 612-348-3552 www.co.wright.mn.us/383/Child-Protection 763-682-7400 www.anokacounty.us/632/Child-Protection-Child-Abuse 763-422-7125 If the child is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1 or your local police department.

I know many feel this topic is unrelated to being pro life and Christian, but corporal punishment against children inevitably causes people to associate pain with punishment. Some struggles however bring us benefit and are certainly worth all of our effort. That being said individuals brought up with being hit even in the so called form of "spanking." are repeatedly given experiences that trigger an unhealthy emotional response to pain, especially since the people we are supposed to rely on were basically betraying our trust. I'm wondering how many people agree with these associations especially when we consider the pain in giving birth. How many more people may have been Pro Life if only they had been given a childhood free from intentional harm against their bodily autonomy? I actually spoke with an abortion supporter who was opposed to adoption simply because the child could end up in a household that would betray them with corporal punishment, that conversation inspired the continuation of this petition. I assured the woman that currently at least adopted children are mostly protected against corporal punishment. I just want america to wake up and give children as much bodily autonomy as an adult like in Israel. I understand there are times we may need to intervene, but a gentle block or a hold should be sufficient instead of the traditional excessive force. Pro Life should also be about giving quality of life anywhere possible. When someone strikes at us we are to turn the other cheek, we are not advised under the new covenant to be the one to inflict any sort of hitting or violence.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
to intervene against evil and avoid committing evil that is our purpose
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 05:06 PM

would you want to spend eternity with people who chose to be there, or robots? YHVH gave out the answer to the test. There was only one wrong answer. It was an open book test even, not timed. Also Eve even speaks the answer to the serpent before the mistake. just because you know what someone will choose in advance, does not mean that the right choices were not ever conveniently within their reach in abundance. YHVH has the authority and capacity to reverse all evil past events and put an end to evil. YHVH intervened by creating each person with the potential to intervene against evil and avoid committing evil that is our purpose. we are awaiting the non repentant to become repentant. It is a beautiful justice when a criminal looks back to what was done and wants it to be reversed also. " Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." Matthew 12:24-30 too many would be believers yet cling too much to the evils of this world, like war and hitting children to name a couple. Creation asked YHVH to be human and YHVH wanted to experience HIS Creation first hand and what better way to provide a flawless example?

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
one of my favorite quotes from MLK
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 04:52 PM

"In the terrible midnight of war men have knocked on the door of the church to ask for the bread of peace, but the church has often disappointed them. What more pathetically reveals the irrelivancy of the church in present-day world affairs than its witness regarding war? In a world gone mad with arms buildups, chauvinistic passions, and imperialistic exploitation, the church has either endorsed these activities or remained appallingly silent. During the last two world wars, national churches even functioned as the ready lackeys of the state, sprinkling holy water upon the battleships and joining the mighty armies in singing "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition." A weary world, pleading desperately for peace, has often found the church morally sanctioning war." - Martin Luther King Jr. "A Knock at Midnight" P.72

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Do no harm
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 04:40 PM

talking someone out of suicide is easier if it is not accepted by the society. i think suicide rates would increase in the event that it were legal. just look at how counseling services and hospitals work against us with abortion being considered legal. i hope we find more solutions for pain relief than just suicide. humans have survived the black plague, small pocks, and overcome polio, more advancement can be in store. i'm not suicidal, i can wait to die of natural causes or some accident. i can say that i have longed to be in a place void of all corruption. the other problem is that if euthenasia became legal then there would be more propaganda to convince people suicide is the option for them. it would be a for profit field with ptsd for all the doctors who performed the procedures. and just think of all the people who would change their mind when it is too late? a daughter of a friend of mine was found to have commited suicide. it was clear from the forensics she tried to reverse what she had done, but it was too late. we can't really followup with a dead person about suicide procedure regrets. my friend was found before she finished trying to kill herself. she received counseling and is now a nurse. if the hospital had offered to finish what she had started i don't know if she would still be here. lethal injection is not a painless procedure. the 'do no harm' agreement in medicine is a healthy bias.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Help me if you can I'm feeling down
Posted : 10 Aug, 2019 01:14 AM

At least you found out before it was too late. They took ethics away a long time ago in public schools. People are not educated in the matters of respecting and protecting other peoples's hearts. Media promotes objectification instead of modesty.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5