Author Thread
springrose10

View Profile
I would like to know if I am the only guy who thinks like this :
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 03:27 PM

Thanks for the translation Val! I thought I was seeing a side of Sparrow I hadn't seen before.

Us farm girls don't speak Elmer Fudd. I thought he was calling me a woo...wimp.

Sorry Sparrow - see, I should have known better.

Smile,

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
Breast cancer awareness and youth
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 03:01 PM

Why just breast cancer? You asked...

Susan B. Komen Foundation sponsors Race for the Cure. Susan herself had breast cancer and has written about her experiences - before advancements. The Komen Foundation exists for awareness, public education, and research funding.

Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women. (Susan is a woman.) Next to lung cancer, more women die from breast cancer than any other. Breast cancer can be cured with early detection. The psychological consequences of loosing that body part and dealing with the resulting hormone upheavel, can be devastating.

In one years time, Wichita doubled the number of survivors participating in the Race. Publicity or less deaths? BOTH

What they are doing is a good thing. And yes, Satan loves suffering and death. He will do what he can to disrupt their efforts.

If you still find this movement offensive, you may be more interested in The American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Be careful though. There have been a lot of scams by people claiming to be the ACS who are not.

Hope this answers some questions.

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
Christian Woman? how important is this?
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 02:30 PM

Well said DeeDee!

Dating outside the Christian faith is unwise. I think that there are "catagories" of Protestant churches. Aren't there several denominations that consider themselve Pentecostal? I date within the "Evangelical" community. Some people like the "litergical" denominations.

You and a potential spouse would need to decide what elements of doctrine are "deal-breakers." You'll need to decide what style of worship you both enjoy. Sometimes it is best to start fresh at a totally new church that you both enjoy.

I've seen too many youngins get married because of pressure from a pastor. Talk to GOD 1ST!!! Then, take your pastor's opinion under advisement.

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
I would like to know if I am the only guy who thinks like this :
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 02:12 PM

Your best option is to ask those ladies what being independent means to them. In the meantime, I had these thoughts:

Some women have no intention of taking anyone's advice or compromise on any issues that arise, or making any changes to their lifestyle. These women should not marry.

Some women have been in controlling relationships where the men think that they are the dictator (misrepresenting headship) of the marriage. These women are looking for men to value their thoughts, feelings, and talents. Independence to them, is not being relegated to being a housekeeper and breeder.

Some women who have been abuse...Cowgirl did a good job of mentioning how their reactions come from the fear of finding themselves in that place again. These women have to develop an ironclad spine just to get out of the marriage. They are hyper-reactive to even the slightest, "let me do that," as an entire life take over. You will have to decide if one of these women is worth the patience it takes to overcome those hurdles.

Guess we've been answering why women put that in their profiles, not are you the only guy. The answer to that is, NO!!!

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
Cancer surgery Part 2
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 09:15 PM

Thanks for your prayers!

Dad has a 1 1/2 triangular hole in the middle of his face. Right now, it is covered with gauze filled with vaseline and antibiotic. He is in a great deal of pain. His entire lip is swollen and he's having difficulty drinking. He can spoon food in, but slurping water or juice is a messy affair.

After 6 weeks of healing, he will have 6 weeks of radiation, then, they will start building him a nose starting with a wax "sculpture." So, he will spend the holidays without a nose. Please pray about the sensitivity of others. He's had people's expressions look horrified, a lady burst into tears, one woman kept her back to him and didn't even look at him. These people need to stay home if they can't cope. He does not need to be dealing with their problems. He has too many of his own.

Thanks again,

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
Breast cancer awareness and youth
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 07:40 PM

I attended the Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure with my sister, (a survivor) at the end of Sept. I found those slogans offensive and sad. Though there were people from infants in strollers, toddlers in red wagons, handicapped in wheelchairs, and octagenarians with walkers, there were definately things that were not family friendly.

After the march, I was ready to leave and wasn't real excited about doing it again. However, I stayed for the survivor ceremony. It was very, very touching and I realized why it meant so much to my sister.

The problem as I see it is that the sponsors of the race give prizes for the best t-shirt, best sign, largest team, etc. It appears that in the attempt to win, people have become tasteless.

I'm wonder if people like us would contact the Race of the Cure website, share our experience, and request stiffer family-friendly guidelines, if we would get a favorable response.

Thanks for speaking up!

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
Why are hearts so tender?
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 07:23 PM

Pain. Don't ya just hate Satan, the way he tricked Eve! Without his lies, we wouldn't have pain!

You gave us a pretty broad scenario, so I'm not confident in advising what you should do. However, hardening your heart is not the answer. God cannot use you for His glory if you have a hard heart. We can't love others with His love if we've hardened our hearts.

Yet some people can be nearly impossible to deal with. Sometimes we need to put so many boundaries between us and a hurtful person, that forgiveness boils down to giving up any desire for revenge.

You are not helping yourself or your relationship with "someone" who habitually wounds you. You can not change them, nor can you heal them. That is between them and God. Sometimes, to glorify God, we have to burn bridges leading to ungodly, unrepentant people. Jesus even talked about shaking the dust from the disciple's feet if they were not received in peace. Matt. 10:13-14

Sometimes, we have to lower expectations to get beyond the "shoulds," especially family members. We do set certain people up in our lives as people that we expect to be there for us. It is our expectations just as much as their failure in action that causes our pain. When the disciples came to Jesus and told Him that his mother and brothers were there, His reply was, "Whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother." Matt. 12:50

You are correct. Do not walk, run to your Abba Father!

Love ya,

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
question for men 50 and older---though anyone can answer
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 02:58 AM

One last thought. One of the most beautiful women I've ever known died last year at 91. Yes, her hair was white and she had many wrinkles. There was something about her love for the Lord and her love for people that softened her countenance. As sick as she got, there was still something in her eyes that shone with beauty. A beautiful heart can't be hidden. I feel honored to have known her and priviledged that she loved me.

Good night!

springrose10

View Profile
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 02:50 AM

Pixy, have you ever heard the phrase, "Pretty is as pretty does?" Growing up, I'd have people tell me that I was cute or pretty, but I don't remember people using the word beautiful. I've always believed that it was due to my personality. I'm silly and love kids and I do things that people see as "cute." In our minds, we don't usually separate those things, we just look at someone and think, "She's cute." It is a package set.

I think that is what the guys have been trying to tell us - they are initially attracked to a pretty face, but they stay around if she acts pretty. There are a lot of beautiful women who act real ugly.

As women, we would do well to focus on acting like we have a beautiful heart so that when a man looks at us, he sees a beautiful woman.

BTW, sorry we hijacked your thread Marie.

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 12:50 AM

Be encouraged Pixy. I still blush when Sandiaboy tells me I'm cute. Strangely, my daughter doesn't share his opinion, "Who, my Mom?" Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10