Author Thread
springrose10

View Profile
3 Things Women Must Know About Men
Posted : 7 Oct, 2010 09:50 AM

Pixy, If you're over the repulsion, why all of the anxiety ie: too often, too fast, not enough snuggling, just to fill physical need...?

springrose10

View Profile
Cancer surgery Part 2
Posted : 7 Oct, 2010 09:39 AM

Thanks for the prayers!

As the swelling goes down, his pain increases. I'm trying to find non medication techniques to help easy the pain along with his meds.

I think the mental adjustment to having metal implanted in your face to "hang" your nose on has to increase stress therefore increasing pain.

He is bored. If you have any ideas on how to keep him busy without physical activity, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks again!

springrose10

View Profile
3 Things Women Must Know About Men
Posted : 7 Oct, 2010 08:54 AM

Women who have been sexually abused before marriage may find sex repulsive. I've had several friends in that situation. They went to counseling with their husbands and worked things out.

Couples with a healthy, satisfying sex life live longer. Couples who have a truly happy sex life have a gift from God.

springrose10

View Profile
looking for clarity
Posted : 6 Oct, 2010 12:11 AM

I agree that you need to look at the whole package. Sandiaboy is an Attorney for the U.S. government and has a Master's in Education. Yet, he has problems with spelling because he is dyslexic.

Sometimes there's more than meets the eye.

springrose10

View Profile
How does a divorced person handle Mark 10:11-12
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 02:54 PM

I know I'm in a foul mood today because I just found out my Dad has to have his entire nose removed from his face, so Zao, if I'm venting in the wrong direction, I apologize at the beginning.

How do I view Mark 10:11-12? As the Word of God, as Jesus' explanation as to why God would allow something that He Himself has said is wrong. It was never His intent anymore than giving Israel a king, but because of hardness of heart, He let them have a king. A king only created more problems just like divorce creates more problems.

I take the passage literally. My divorce was "Biblical" and I am free to remarry. However, I do not condemn my brothers and sisters who are divorced whether due to adultry or not. I have not met the people who simply walked away from their marriages because they were uncomfortable. I've only met the ones that are in pain and agoniziing over the failure of their marriages. The ones trying to raise kids or repair relationships with grown kids. The ones listening to Satan's lies that they are unlovable. The ones that wonder if life with ever be "normal" again.

Matt. 5:22-23 "But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgement. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca," is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." How is this passage viewed? Both passages are words of Jesus.

So, I have a new question. Why do the threads continue to nit pick divorcees while people still laugh at Mr. T?

Obviously with strong feelings,

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
What's your love language?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 02:15 PM

As Cobbler said, for guys, having sex and making love are not the same thing. For girls, there is no difference.

IMO, your marriage will be more harmonious if you accept the fact that sex meets a physical need for men. God made them that way. It is not a personal reflection on you. If you marry a godly man who truly loves you, he will "make love" to you the vast majority of the time. On occasion, it may feel like "just sex" to you, but as his wife, you are still responsible to help meet your husband's physical needs. No, that doesn't mean he has a right to abuse your sex life. That's where we're back to godly character.

springrose10

View Profile
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 01:50 PM

No. There's nothing wrong with her. But, I don't think it is appropriate to get into an indepth discussion of what is and isn't sexual touch. That should be between 2 people who intend to marry and engage in sexual activity.

springrose10

View Profile
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 01:47 PM

That's not what I said. Sex is just 1 way for him to show you his affection.

We tend to try and love others using our own love language. We think that what makes us feel loved will make others feel loved. However, we need to learn our loved one's love language.

My love language is acts of service and one of my husband's spiritual gifts was service. When ever he did things to help me, I felt very loved. I never felt unloved because his showing affection through sex also filled a physical need for him.

Does that make more sense?

springrose10

View Profile
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 01:38 PM

@ Pixy

"Cobbler, that's massively confusing because:"

x Guys get aroused by touch. : If guys got aroused by every touch, there wouldn't be any such thing as non-sexual touch. Guys are more visual. Girls are more likely to be aroused by touch. Touching is a signal to guys that a girl is interested in him. A girl with physical touch as a love language is often misinterpreted or accused of sending mixed messages.

x I thought guys do have an emotional need for intercourse. : Guys have an emotional need to express their love to their spouse. Sex is just one of the ways they do that.

x Then maybe a guy wouldn't be satisfied with just snuggling some nights. : Depends on the guy. My husband was never satisfied with snuggling. If he was to tired or ill for sex, he didn't want to snuggle either. I would guess that guys that are snugglers do have physical touch as a love language.

Guys?

Rose

springrose10

View Profile
Cancer surgery Part 2
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 01:14 PM

Dad will have his entire nose removed on the 14th and will be there for several days. Please pray for strength for my folks.

Rose

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10