Author Thread
NRSV1953

View Profile
The simple truth
Posted : 30 Apr, 2012 07:35 AM

You two will never convince each other.

You both profess to being saved whether by free-will or by predestination.

Can we leave it at that?

Isn't it more important to live our beliefs rather than to constantly argue about them?

Let's not get so caught up in the differences between us. Rather, let's celebrate God's great uniting love for us through Jesus Christ.

Just saying. . .

NRSV1953

View Profile
Bible Forum Terrorism
Posted : 28 Apr, 2012 12:03 PM

Oh, nevermind! I looked it up myself, lest I be accused of causing more strife in the Body.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Bible Forum Terrorism
Posted : 28 Apr, 2012 10:36 AM

Since I belong to a Presbyterian Church, one would assume that I know exactly what a Calvinist is. However other than reading the Bible through the eyes of The Reformation, what else do I need to know?

I am genuinely asking for information here: I don't know if I espouse Calvinism or not, since I'm not sure what that means to y'all.

And I really don't mean to upset or anger anyone.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Bible Forum Terrorism
Posted : 28 Apr, 2012 08:21 AM

May I ask, "What is a Calvinist Forum?"

NRSV1953

View Profile
True Religion
Posted : 25 Apr, 2012 05:41 AM

Amen, and amen sister!

NRSV1953

View Profile
the atoning sacrifice
Posted : 23 Apr, 2012 07:55 AM

OK, so part of the crux of the matter is that PhillipJohn doesn't believe that Reformation Theology is valid while others do?

My intent here is to merely understand the argument, not to enter into it as I am not qualified to do any more than question and pray.

Once I understand the disagreement, I may be able to formulate more intelligent questions on this subject.

Thank so much for responding!

NRSV1953

View Profile
the atoning sacrifice
Posted : 23 Apr, 2012 06:48 AM

Could someone help me out here?

I read all these posts, and the arguments that ensue, and I still cannot quite grasp what the issue is between y'all.

It would be quite helpful for those of us who follow this forum if we could get some clarity.

Thanks!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Our Plans may not be ther Lords Plans
Posted : 13 Apr, 2012 06:05 AM

So, so true Len!

And from that famous theologian Woody Allen, "Want to make God laugh? Tell Him your plans!"

:ROFL:

NRSV1953

View Profile
Hello
Posted : 12 Apr, 2012 07:59 PM

Howdy and welcome! Blessings on your search!

NRSV1953

View Profile
How Did Your Church Begin?
Posted : 12 Apr, 2012 02:29 PM

While we are all created in God's image, we are also all unique creations of the Divine.

Why should we all have to worship exactly the same? Do we really believe that God, in God's infinite Love and Wisdom, cares about our bickering about denominations?

Let us work to get past that which divides us and instead focus on building up the body of Christ, in all our different and unique ways.

Page : 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39