Author Thread
NRSV1953

View Profile
Marital Sex and Emails
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 01:08 PM

Thanks Cobbler. You make a good point about what a man looks for in a potential wife. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but that seems like something worth pursuing after we see if we even have anything in common!

While I have been out of the dating scene for a really long time, and I know a lot of things have changed, this just seems rather suspicious to me. I've experienced this from scammers, but I really thought this person was genuine. Now I'm not so sure.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Marital Sex and Emails
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 12:02 PM

After corresponding with a new friend for a few days here on CDFF, he brought up the subject of marital sex. I had not been aware that we were having any romantic discussions, so I was very surprised that he would even mention the subject!

Am I being overly sensitive? I said nothing to lead this man on and would never bring up the subject of sex, marital or otherwise, in an email.

Any input from others would be greatly appreciated! Blessings!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Men Over 50
Posted : 22 Feb, 2012 01:43 PM

Angelforlove - I love the picture you have posted! I just may have to take a peek at your profile!

Some people, both men and women, won't even consider someone who doesn't show a photo of themselves. But I understand that sometimes there is a good reason not to post such a picture.

Also, I find it somewhat awkward to post a reply to someone when I can't see what they wrote while I am writing. I know there was another point I wanted to make, but can't remember it now! Senior moment, perhaps?

:goofball:

NRSV1953

View Profile
Men Over 50
Posted : 22 Feb, 2012 01:36 PM

Yes, Len, we sure do need a sense of humor in life, and it comes in especially handy on this website! I hope you enjoy your search and meet some fabulous folks!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Dating When We Are Over 50
Posted : 22 Feb, 2012 01:31 PM

Len, I certainly hope your experience here is more fruitful than ours has been. Welcome and please post often on the Forums, as we need some wisdom in here! Blessings!!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Hi--Will be 80 this year- but still trying to serve the Lord
Posted : 22 Feb, 2012 01:26 PM

Hey Len! It's so nice to see some other "older" folks on CDFF! You have an amazing story there and God surely has made His/Her face to shine upon you!

I hope you meet some nice ladies here - I know a few that are in their 50s but none on the West Coast.

Please post updates periodically and tell us how dating is for those in your age range. May God smile favorably on your service and your search!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Men Over 50
Posted : 22 Feb, 2012 07:29 AM

Thanks Simoneluv! Yes I have noticed that some men who are over 50 have their "preference" set to ladies under 40 but many do not. Actually, I no longer think that I will find a fella online but I'm still very interested in whatever fellowship this site has to offer. I do so appreciate your words of encouragement!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Dating When We Are Over 50
Posted : 22 Feb, 2012 07:18 AM

What you say is so true Tuckygirl! I was on this site a year ago and left, but recently decided to give it another go round. Combined with my experience on POF and Christian Mingle, I see a pattern that is sort of disturbing. It seems that too many men (at least in our age group) act as if this is a restaurant menu and all they have to do is select what they want and it will be "delivered" unto them!

Perhaps that is exactly what happens. Does anyone know? Are there so few fine Christian men and such an overabundance of fine Christian women that it's simply a numbers game?

We know that men, even Christian men, are wired to first fall in love with the visual image of the woman. But, hey, none of us are dogs, so what gives?

Don't you think that it's quite telling that only one gentleman (thank you Barefoot!) has bothered to reply to this post? I know there are genuine Christian men who are very active in the Forums here but they must not experience the same thing that we women are going through.

I find it heartwarming that such fine ladies are involved in this discussion and I hope we can continue to build each other up in Christ's name!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Men Over 50
Posted : 21 Feb, 2012 07:38 AM

Hey Steve!

At least there is one gentleman over 50 here on this site! :dancingp:

NRSV1953

View Profile
not whinnin' just blue
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 04:48 PM

Sounds like you are moving forward, which is also a blessing! Remember to note your victories no matter how small they seem. When life is overwhelming I try to remember to take little steps forward until I can recover my equilibrium and stride with confidence. Blessings on you & your family!~~Paige

Page : 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42